Around The League V.2

Totty

Well, we all had mixed opinions on this QB class, but I think we all universally liked Stroud. He was my third QB but I still liked him a lot and would have drafted him. He looks like an absolute stud passer. Three great games in a row and running away with rookie of the year so far. 

Giants and Vikings are good examples of why we need to stop overreacting in thinking teams can turn it all around quickly. 

Both went to the playoffs with new coaches. Both had fluky seasons. Now both have dropped completely off. 

Worse, we're looking at 2 more teams in that mix for QBs. 2024 top pick watch. There are a lot of bad teams at the moment: Patriots, Jets, Broncos, Giants, Cardinals, Vikings, Bears, Panthers

The Raiders play the Pats, Jets, Bears, Giants, Vikings and Broncos. 

• Like 1

On the other hand we barely beat Denver by 1 pt, and lost to a Pitt team that just got creamed by hou. The jets almost beat KC. It can be discussed either way, we’re all on the pessimistic side and believe we’ll win “just enough to screw ourselves” but ya never know. Lol

5 hours ago, big_palooka said:

Giants and Vikings are good examples of why we need to stop overreacting in thinking teams can turn it all around quickly. 

Both went to the playoffs with new coaches. Both had fluky seasons. Now both have dropped completely off. 

Worse, we're looking at 2 more teams in that mix for QBs. 2024 top pick watch. There are a lot of bad teams at the moment: Patriots, Jets, Broncos, Giants, Cardinals, Vikings, Bears, Panthers

The Raiders play the Pats, Jets, Bears, Giants, Vikings and Broncos. 

Giants are fluky because Daniel Jones is terrible. Vikings are terrible because they have the 32nd defense (and Bottom 5 since 2017, I think Mike Zimmer is one of the worst coaches to make the playoffs in history) and Kirk Cousins is not a proper long term solution at QB. 

QB is everything in this league. And having a not Bottom 5 D. You can win the chip with a middle D in this league. Offensive league. And can win the chip with a mid roster. QB and HC is everything.  

33 minutes ago, Tank4Drake said:

Giants are fluky because Daniel Jones is terrible. Vikings are terrible because they have the 32nd defense (and Bottom 5 since 2017, I think Mike Zimmer is one of the worst coaches to make the playoffs in history) and Kirk Cousins is not a proper long term solution at QB. 

QB is everything in this league. And having a not Bottom 5 D. You can win the chip with a middle D in this league. Offensive league. And can win the chip with a mid roster. QB and HC is everything.  

Giants stink. Average O-line, overrated QB, average WRs and Waller is always injured. They have a few guys on the DL. Rest of the defense is meh

Dumpster fire due to a horrible QB contract limiting the team

9 minutes ago, bucksavage1 said:

Giants stink. Average O-line, overrated QB, average WRs and Waller is always injured. They have a few guys on the DL. Rest of the defense is meh

Dumpster fire due to a horrible QB contract limiting the team

Aside from Russell Wilson, it has to be one of the worst in the league. 

And while Wilson's is bad, I can understand why some thought he was primed for a rebound to borderline MVP levels. 

Daniel Jones' best season was mid level backup quality. The Giants won some games last year, but a massive extension for a 3200 yd 15:5 stat line? Big oof. It's not like he turned some major corner or showed sparks of brilliance, either. Even if he were to build on it this year, what are we honestly talking? 3600 20:8? The leap he would've had to take to justify that contract was essentially unrealistic in the first place. 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

Aside from Russell Wilson, it has to be one of the worst in the league. 

And while Wilson's is bad, I can understand why some thought he was primed for a rebound to borderline MVP levels. 

Daniel Jones' best season was mid level backup quality. The Giants won some games last year, but a massive extension for a 3200 yd 15:5 stat line? Big oof. It's not like he turned some major corner or showed sparks of brilliance, either. Even if he were to build on it this year, what are we honestly talking? 3600 20:8? The leap he would've had to take to justify that contract was essentially unrealistic in the first place. 

Right…that type of contract you expect the QB to make up for a few things the team will be lacking. Daniel Jones can’t do that. He’s beyond average and looks to have regressed already once teams got film on how Daboll uses him

14 hours ago, Tank4Drake said:

Well, we all had mixed opinions on this QB class, but I think we all universally liked Stroud. He was my third QB but I still liked him a lot and would have drafted him. He looks like an absolute stud passer. Three great games in a row and running away with rookie of the year so far. 

I saw him at the only quarterback worth drafting in this class. 

It's also partially why I'm always kind of Against just drafting a guy that gets put up through the whole draft pageantry process that makes this a great quarterback class is Caleb Williams. Sure Nathan drake could be pretty good, but he's not the guy of this draft. And then the guy from Washington is now being brought up as like the number three guy. I am usually nervous about drafting the number two or three quarterback in the class because I'm always wondering how much of that is the media bringing someone up. Which is how you get the Zach Wilson's of the world

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Chargers trade JC Jackson back to the Pats for peanuts.

Boy was I wrong about him. I was pissed when the Chargers snagged him from us last FA.

Never sign/trade for a CB from the Pats. They are masters at getting the most of that position.

I said that when he hit FA when everyone made the connection to the Raiders via DZ. 

He'll go back and return to form in NE now.

• Like 1