Around The League V.2

Totty

Also I said Bills would go 9-8 before the season started and miss the playoffs. I think probably 95% of NFL General massively disagreed with me. Joke is on them. Bills fell apart at the end of last season, their team chemistry is clearly horrible, Allen/Diggs hate each other but are professional, offense is very vanilla without Daboll, and the contracts on this team are TERRIBLE. The team is old and now loaded with some horrendous contracts, especially the Von contract. Jeeze that contract is bad. They gave a 34 year old FIVE years at top dollar… and they can’t even get out of it til the final year. Like, what?!?? Von had one year left in the tank (this year) at most!!!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Tank4Drake said:

Also I said Bills would go 9-8 before the season started and miss the playoffs. I think probably 95% of NFL General massively disagreed with me. Joke is on them. Bills fell apart at the end of last season, their team chemistry is clearly horrible, Allen/Diggs hate each other but are professional, offense is very vanilla without Daboll, and the contracts on this team are TERRIBLE. The team is old and now loaded with some horrendous contracts, especially the Von contract. Jeeze that contract is bad. They gave a 34 year old FIVE years at top dollar… and they can’t even get out of it til the final year. Like, what?!?? Von had one year left in the tank (this year) at most!!!

Yea that 6 year 120 contract to Von Miller was wild. 

Expect to see McDermott fired if they miss the playoffs 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Tank4Drake said:

I know we were talking about gambling in the draft and how the risk taker gets rewarded, but, this is somewhat along the same lines. 
gotta take calculated risks! 

that Von miller contract was a big risk, but they thought they had a 2-3 year window and thought Von would put them over the top. 

Stupid risk / reward imo. 
im all for risks, but they better be calculated !

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Darbsk said:

Just watched the 49ers v Jags and I know San Francisco is a good team but heck, I was expecting a lot more from Lawrence 😳 wow he looked all out of sorts.

I haven’t seen the Jags otherwise this season and they were 6-2 before this game so not sure how he’s been playing? Thoughts guys?

Chase young is over kill my god 

13 hours ago, Tank4Drake said:

That 7 seed is wide open guys. I think Steelers are gonna fall down to earth. Sucks they have the tie breaker over us though. Browns are overrated and have no QB. Bills and Broncos suck. Colts suck without Richardson. It is wide WIDE open. 

I think the AFC probably ends up like this:

1. KC

2. Miami

3. Ravens

4. Jags

5. Bengals

6. Texans??

7. ??? 

Probably ends up being Cleveland, although they aren’t very good. Door is wide open gentlemen. 

I want to have faith in the Bills turning it around but their upcoming schedule is brutal: Eagles, Cowboys, Chiefs, and Dolphins...

1 hour ago, bucksavage1 said:

Bill OC Ken Dorsey fired. Next is McDermott 

1 hour ago, NYRaider said:

Interested to see if Joe Brady can finally live up to the hype. 

I don't think McDermott is even going to survive the regular season. Bills fans are over him. 

As for Joe Brady....what a fall, and what a bad spot to try and rebound. I thought he was a bit overhyped, but taking over an interim OC spot for an embattled HC is not where I'd want to try to rehab my image. 

38 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

I don't think McDermott is even going to survive the regular season. Bills fans are over him. 

As for Joe Brady....what a fall, and what a bad spot to try and rebound. I thought he was a bit overhyped, but taking over an interim OC spot for an embattled HC is not where I'd want to try to rehab my image. 

He has Allen and Diggs / a top offense

18 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

He has Allen and Diggs / a top offense

Same could be said about Dorsey. 

Looking at that LSU roster and how so many of them became legit starters in the NFL and some more as high end backups though, I think Brady was more just the lucky beneficiary of a historic collection of talent at the college level. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Interested to see if Joe Brady can finally live up to the hype. 

Brady hasn’t done much in the NFL. Joe Brady had one year where he had a historic all-pro level college talent in their final years of college. He’s another one of those boy genius they like to promote fast for some reason but hardly lives up to expectations