Around The League V.2

Totty

23 hours ago, ronjon1990 said:

Same could be said about Dorsey. 

Looking at that LSU roster and how so many of them became legit starters in the NFL and some more as high end backups though, I think Brady was more just the lucky beneficiary of a historic collection of talent at the college level. 

LSU had the same talent the year before Brady and was mid, he took them to the next level. 

22 hours ago, bucksavage1 said:

Brady hasn’t done much in the NFL. Joe Brady had one year where he had a historic all-pro level college talent in their final years of college. He’s another one of those boy genius they like to promote fast for some reason but hardly lives up to expectations 

He's only 34 years old and didn't really get a fair shot with the Panthers due to god awful QB play. He still has a lot of time to redeem himself and rebuild his value, starting this year with the Bills.

49 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Cle on pace for his annual 2 sacks per season again this year

Did you watch him play? He’s never going to be a pass rush phenom but he’s starting and doing OK. Couple clean up sacks and generally sound.

I wouldn’t want him back obviously but I don’t wish him failure.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Darbsk said:

Did you watch him play? He’s never going to be a pass rush phenom but he’s starting and doing OK. Couple clean up sacks and generally sound.

I don’t think anybody is wishing him failure. Just poking some fun he always pretty solid at setting an edge. It’s not his fault he got overdrafted 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Darbsk said:

I mostly blame guenther crappy system that couldn’t find a spot for Josh Allen 

• Like 4

51 minutes ago, Darbsk said:

Cle is god awful my brother

40 minutes ago, SimonGruber said:

I mostly blame guenther crappy system that couldn’t find a spot for Josh Allen 

The system was a joke for sure. Josh Allen was such an obvious pick there. Tweak the system to utilize the best talent. 

As for Cle, he could've done a bit more, but I don't think he would have ever shed the bust label here. The expectations for what he "should have been" were too high. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Cle is god awful my brother

He’s not a great player, I’ll grant you that but there’s no ‘god awful’ starters in that 49er DLine man. He’s average I’d say and not a weakness for them but is the least talented of their DLine.

• Like 1

On 11/15/2023 at 5:10 PM, Darbsk said:

He’s not a great player, I’ll grant you that but there’s no ‘god awful’ starters in that 49er DLine man. He’s average I’d say and not a weakness for them but is the least talented of their DLine.

He has 1.5 sacks playing on the most dominant DL in the NFL, even getting favorable matchups he's just not an impact guy, dude sucks

On 11/15/2023 at 2:58 PM, ronjon1990 said:

The system was a joke for sure. Josh Allen was such an obvious pick there. Tweak the system to utilize the best talent. 

As for Cle, he could've done a bit more, but I don't think he would have ever shed the bust label here. The expectations for what he "should have been" were too high. 

Brian Burns had the measurable's and production

• Like 1