Around The League V.2

Totty

27 minutes ago, bucksavage1 said:

Only time will tell. However, momentum seems to be building up not fading. Considering AP been able to pick up the pieces and keep us in contention for the division title and playoffs, I don’t think we have reached the heights 

We look similar to the Lions from last season

The Lions had a QB in place 

15 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

The Lions had a QB in place 

Goff Stock was down after the trade to the Rams. The Rams had to attach compensation for the lions to take him back

Most pundits and league exces thought the Lions would be in the market for a QB by now

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bucksavage1 said:

Goff Stock was down after the trade to the Rams. The Rams had to attach compensation for the lions to take him back

Most pundits and league exces thought the Lions would be in the market for a QB by now

The Rams traded for Stafford, they didn’t attach assets to trade Goff. 

Regardless Goff had proven to be a quality starter even if it was average. 

He had 4500 yards / 29 TD for them last year. They didn’t need a major overhaul at QB which allowed them to use their cap space and multiple firsts and second round picks to be aggressive addressing other needs. If they had to gut their draft or cap space to get a QB who would be in his first year in their system their outlook would be completely different. 

The division is wide open from this point on. Kelce is somewhat washed, and KC has way too much money tied up in Mahomes. They have one of the worst offenses in the league outside of QB in paper. And Reid can’t scout WR’s to save his life. He got lucky on Hill but his WR hit rate is more embarrassing than Bill Bellichick. 

Chargers could be good with a better HC, but that organization loves to fail. 

Broncos are in salary hell. But they scare me more than the Chargers do. 

It all depends on the QB Position for us next year. If we get someone NFL Ready like Maye, we can win the division. If we get McCarthy, probably 7-10 and a force in 2025. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NYRaider said:

I thought we’d have to eat a ton to move on from Adams.

I think you’re right. I don’t think it’s a foregone conclusion that Adams will be on another team next year. He might not particularly want to stick around, but he’s the guy who signed the contract.

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, Tank4Drake said:

The division is wide open from this point on. Kelce is somewhat washed, and KC has way too much money tied up in Mahomes. They have one of the worst offenses in the league outside of QB in paper. And Reid can’t scout WR’s to save his life. He got lucky on Hill but his WR hit rate is more embarrassing than Bill Bellichick. 

Chargers could be good with a better HC, but that organization loves to fail. 

Broncos are in salary hell. But they scare me more than the Chargers do. 

It all depends on the QB Position for us next year. If we get someone NFL Ready like Maye, we can win the division. If we get McCarthy, probably 7-10 and a force in 2025. 

I mentioned in the NFL General section before the season that Kelce was due to drop off in production and regression. They proceeded to try and roast me but looks like I was right. He’s no way near explosive he used to be and where’s his motivation now. His GF is a billionaire and he has at least 10+ commercials. 
Good point about Andy Reid

This could be the fall of the KC dynasty. They have had some strange body language the last half of the season 

Mahomes had tears in his eyes vs us. Kelce slamming helmets

20 minutes ago, Nightmare said:

I think you’re right. I don’t think it’s a foregone conclusion that Adams will be on another team next year. He might not particularly want to stick around, but he’s the guy who signed the contract.

I think DA stays. If we still had JMD then he would be gone. However, he’s a big supporter of AP and Champ Kelly

2 minutes ago, bucksavage1 said:

I mentioned in the NFL General section before the season that Kelce was due to drop off in production and regression. They proceeded to try and roast me but looks like I was right. He’s no way near explosive he used to be and where’s his motivation now. His GF is a billionaire and he has at least 10+ commercials. 

This could be the fall of the KC dynasty. They have had some strange body language the last half of the season 

I said the same. He’s 34. About the age TE’s fall off. Father time comes for all. And historically, it’s 28 for RB’s, 33 for WR’s, and 34 for TE’s. Mid 30’s for Mobile QB’s. 40ish for Pocket Passers. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, bucksavage1 said:

Kc struggled to score in preseason iirc vs Ariz and I was telling people in here they’re not the same this year. 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, bucksavage1 said:

They desperately need to add more weapons

But as we've seen with many teams those mega deals make it tough

11 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

They desperately need to add more weapons

But as we've seen with many teams those mega deals make it tough

Their problem(and I said this back then) what is that they chose Kelce over Tyreek. Tyreek it's a generational talent that they lucked into but thought they could replace. And on top of that he was way younger. If they had kept Tyreek Hill it wouldn't of mattered who else they got rid of besides Chris Jones.

• Like 2