Around The League V.2

Totty

5 hours ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

I can take a loss but victory formation is just that. Universally recognized. Football is a almost deadly game but if you play by the rules it’s a beautiful violent game. Gotta respect the game. Cause it’s eye for an eye when you disrespect it.

have you ever been in a football bench clearing brawl? If so were you on the winning side? 

In my experience losers are always better at fighting than actual football. Losers are ready to fight more than winners. Maybe your experience is diff tho

Not in football, but I’ve had quite a few scrapes in rugby 😁 saw a guy get his ear ripped off which was nice. Luckily I’m not a novice when it comes to stuff like that. Got blasted as a young kid though in my second or third senior game out of youth by a big Tongan guy 😁 

I think it’s all getting overblown and will all be forgotten next year, except for teams will be more aware defensively.

My son a current college football athlete is home for winter break and he’s a Saints fan ( ex raider smh) and he plays de/lb and I asked him about it. he said that play was hella cheap and Winston was goofy for doing that. He said he always likes to get a good pop in at victory formation but that’s it. And if a team pulled that fake victory formation crap up 30 it would cause a fight. He’s also played o-line and said in the trenches you don’t do that almost anything else goes but you don’t mess with victory formation. 

I guess it’s different there then. I played LB/DE too and what would anger me is getting my butt whipped 40 odd points to 17 rather than one single play.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, raidr4life said:

Teams shouldn't have to tell them not to turn off it's victory formation this has literally never happened and there is a reason why. If you wanted to score again then lineup in a regular formation then it's on them to stop you.

I guess so, maybe I’m wrong then.

Just personally, I’d be pissed about losing 40 odd points to 17 not the very last play. Maybe I just think about it differently then, sounded to me like the coach was just distracting from getting whooped and trying to save face, that’s what I thought it was but I could be wrong!

14 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Pete Carroll is stepping down in Seattle

Oh wow, that is a shock although he is getting long in the tooth! That’s going to be a massive change for them. Great coach.

11 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

The Bears not cleaning house on the coaching staff is so dumb with the guys that are out there. Start completely new with your new QB. Instead that QB will have a new HC in his second or 3rd year 

A very badly run franchise. Cheap owners who are hands off to a fault.

You can see where this one is going already. Draft Williams #1, have a stinker of a year, fire the whole staff again and ruin his development.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Darbsk said:

Not in football, but I’ve had quite a few scrapes in rugby 😁 saw a guy get his ear ripped off which was nice. Luckily I’m not a novice when it comes to stuff like that. Got blasted as a young kid though in my second or third senior game out of youth by a big Tongan guy 😁 

I think it’s all getting overblown and will all be forgotten next year, except for teams will be more aware defensively.

Rugby is the perfect example of being able to legally almost knock the crap out of a guy but if you do it by the rules no body dies or even gets injured  and they don’t even wear pads. I love rugby. I was thinking your rugby background contributes to your out look on football lol. I’m sure rugby has some gentlemen sportsmanship unwritten rules. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Darbsk said:

I guess it’s different there then. I played LB/DE too and what would anger me is getting my butt whipped 40 odd points to 17 rather than one single play.

Have you been in victory formation and have someone do that? It’s never happened to me and I’ve never seen it before 

1 hour ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Rugby is the perfect example of being able to legally almost knock the crap out of a guy but if you do it by the rules no body dies or even gets injured  and they don’t even wear pads. I love rugby. I was thinking your rugby background contributes to your out look on football lol. I’m sure rugby has some gentlemen sportsmanship unwritten rules. 

I can’t think of any similar to the ‘victory formation’ type thing so maybe that’s where my confusion comes from! For how brutal rugby is, it’s pretty gentlemanly off the field 🍺 I’ve had real brawls on the field and sunk pints with the same guys in the bar afterwards 😁

With regards football, we never had a victory formation, we were all rugby converts or university students with a couple American older guys thrown in who actually knew what they were doing, we just played a HB dive or something like that when we were in front by a ton. I guess in rugby you just keep going and that’s how we played as we knew no better really 😃

Edited by Darbsk

5 hours ago, Darbsk said:

I can’t think of any similar to the ‘victory formation’ type thing so maybe that’s where my confusion comes from! For how brutal rugby is, it’s pretty gentlemanly off the field 🍺 I’ve had real brawls on the field and sunk pints with the same guys in the bar afterwards 😁

With regards football, we never had a victory formation, we were all rugby converts or university students with a couple American older guys thrown in who actually knew what they were doing, we just played a HB dive or something like that when we were in front by a ton. I guess in rugby you just keep going and that’s how we played as we knew no better really 😃

You a better man than me lol I played rugby with the polys twice and I was good lol. Stuck to football after that. I love to watch it tho. 

You a better man than me lol I played rugby with the polys twice and I was good lol. Stuck to football after that. I love to watch it tho. 

Haha, I wouldn’t say that 😁. Loved both football and rugby and watch more football now for sure.

15 hours ago, Nightmare said:

A very badly run franchise. Cheap owners who are hands off to a fault.

You can see where this one is going already. Draft Williams #1, have a stinker of a year, fire the whole staff again and ruin his development.

Like I said, some franchises cannot handle QBs. Chicago has a rare opportunity with their pick and be it Williams or Fields, putting them in a spot with a coach who's hot the hot seat to start the season. 

50 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Like I said, some franchises cannot handle QBs. Chicago has a rare opportunity with their pick and be it Williams or Fields, putting them in a spot with a coach who's hot the hot seat to start the season. 

Yep. I think given the circumstances they had to go with either Williams or Maye at #1 and hire the best offensive mind you can to work with him.

Clean slate with a whole new coaching staff, QB and system in general. They had the perfect chance to do it, and they’ve blown it.

1 hour ago, Nightmare said:

Yep. I think given the circumstances they had to go with either Williams or Maye at #1 and hire the best offensive mind you can to work with him.

Clean slate with a whole new coaching staff, QB and system in general. They had the perfect chance to do it, and they’ve blown it.

It was so easy. Start over at coach. Hire the best offensive guy, draft Williams and BPA between WR/OT at 9.