Possible Trade Options for Brown

VigilantZombie

2 hours ago, August4th said:

a dream haul would have us getting a top 10 pick and more

and what if colbert and his crew fail with the draft pick? This is why getting a proven Vet is of more value to me at this time. CB Peterson  would be a proven Vet with a few good years left. That is one example, and there are others I suppose but I haven't looked into it. I would think an elite CB, Edge would be about it for me. Maybe if ET was tradable I would add him but he isn't. 

Other players are available via UFA to help needs. Draft picks  might have value to some, but I don't trust this regime due to recent failures.  Is there another Troy, Woodson, AB etc in the draft? That we will wait and see. Passing up on Evans last year is looking more foolish by the day , because if they decide to try a ILB in the draft RD1 and it doesn't work O.o

Ideally they team gets al the UFA signings done first, then the AB trade, but will that be the sequence?

56 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

Not when Amari Cooper went for a 1st. Amari isnt even top 5, maybe 10 and AB is the best in nfl.

AB has been the best for 5 years with the occasional times where others could possibly included. Stats wise , he is the #1 and has been and will continue to be on a legit team.  He should be a proven vet and RD1 pick at least . Now,  is a team going to fool colbert into accepting a trade for an often injured vet or a player that isn't suitable for this scheme whatever scheme this team is running?  Imagine trading AB for a dupree/burns player  or  Burnett and draft the RD1 pick with an Edmunds (reach) ? Just a thought;) .

This trade will get all the media attention for years and if colbert fails, it will be known. Former players in the media won't forget it either, they will side with he elite player as long as the elite player is playing elite.  If both AB and Bell are on winning teams and in the playoffs while the steelers are out of the playoffs, the former player in the media will bring that up all any chance they get. 

20 hours ago, wwhickok said:

Arizona Cardinals

AB for #33, ILB Hasaan Reddick, CB David Amerson

I guess not terrible, but any trade to Arizona should have Patrick Peterson included.

Atlanta Falcons

AB & 178 for WR Calvin Ridley, #45, #147

-- the logic I have here which isn't a lot is that Calvin Ridley had a couple of big games showed some potential but it don't think that Atlanta got quite what they wanted out of him in his rookie season they might look to upgrade and completely compliment Julio Jones immediately Julio of the guy that is said publicly he doesn't care about touchdowns he cares about winning it's a personality a b might be able to sit with so we come a wide receiver in return that we can build along with Juju and get to Quality picks out of it.

Haha....no chance in hell they will pay two WRs that type of money.

I wouldnt mind this, though.

Baltimore Ravens

AB for CB Tavon Young, OLB Matt Judon, #85

Hate the trade all around...even if it wasnt the Ravens.

Buffalo Bills

AB & 178 for DE/OLB Shaq Lawson, #40, #74, #136

Again, terrible.

Carolina Panthers

AB for CB James Bradberry, #16, #108

Id take it.

Chicago Bears

AB for OLB Leonard Floyd, #87, #151

-- this is another one that's probably very unrealistic because the Chicago Bears have traded a lot of their pics in a trade involving Anthony Miller and a trade involving Khalil Mack.

Terrible.

Floyd isnt that good.

Not sure why you want to trade for borderline bust OLBs .  Havent we had enough of them?

Cincinnati Bengals

AB for OLB Carl Lawson, #42, #138

Meh.

Cleveland Browns

AB for ILB Christian Kirksey (or RB Duke Johnson), 49, 92, 156

- so my logic here is first of all the Browns are stacked with draft picks they can afford to let go of some and for a guy like Antonio Brown I completely believe they would. Christian Kirksey I think had some expendability on their roster because linebacker is an area where they're relatively deep. But they could go the other route since they drafted Nick Chubb who looks like he has a ton of ability and potential and get rid of Duke Johnson who we could use as a primary backup to James Conner. Then as a result we also get a second third, and 5th round pick but those are areas where the Cleveland Browns have multiple picks. I don't think it's realistic to think we even Trade A B to the AFC North but for the sake of what I'm doing here I think this is the most logical possibility for this team.

No.

Dallas Cowboys

AB for ILB Sean Lee, CB Anthony Brown, #58

Not crap....but I dont love it.

Denver Broncos 

AB for Todd Davis, #41, #118

I could live with it.

Detroit Lions

AB for CB Nevin Lawson, #43, #88

- if the Detroit Lions were a player in the game Nevin Lawson makes the most sense because he is a guy where they could cut a ton of money and only take a small cap hit the contact would be five million dollars but they would only take one and a quarter million in a hit. I don't think they're going to part with the number 8 overall pick but they could easily recoup the corner position if they wanted to at number eight or go into free agency and get one and have the money to do so.

I could go either way.

Green Bay Packers

AB for CB Tramon Williams, #32(Saints 1st), #44

Id take it,  but no to Tramon Williams.   

Houston Texans

AB for WR Will Fuller, #54, #55

Not bad....but hurts gives an AFC contender a huge boost

Indianapolis Colts

AB for #26, #34, #89

Best value IMO, but same as Texans.

Jacksonville Jaguars

AB, #178 for OLB Myles Jack, #38, #69, #93

Id like this.....but again, same as the last two....except they dont have a decent QB right now.

Kansas City Chiefs

AB for #30, #61, #62

- This is a team I think could be so close to a SB they may be willing to go all in for a guy they think could get them there.

Value is good, but no chance in hell.   

LA Chargers

AB for ILB Jatavis Brown, #60, #91

No.   Plus, they dont need AB.

LA Rams

AB for CB Aquib Talib, #30

Not a fan.

Miami Dolphins

AB for WR Devante Parker, OLB Kiko Alonzo, #40, #78

Id take it....but I dont want Alonzo.

EDIT....on second thought, I dont like it at all.

Minnesota Vikings

AB for CB Mackenzie Alexander, #18

Id jump on it....but they dont need a WR.

New England Patriots

AB for #56, #63, #73

Hahahahahahahahaha....why dont we just trade them all of our SB trophies as well?

New Orleans Saints

AB for CB Patrick Robinson, #32

Hmmm....

New York Giants

AB for OLB Kareem Martin, #37

No.

New York Jets

AB for ILB Darron Lee, Isaiah Crowell, #68, #98

Hell no.

Oakland Raiders

AB for #27, CB Gareon Conley, FS Karl Joseph

-- More guys drafted by the previous regine, one that's been prone to injury, and their extra 1st for a game changer.

We dont need more busts in the secondary.

Philadelphia Eagles

AB for WR Nelson Agholor, #53, #57

Not feeling it.

SF 49ers

AB for #36, #67

Ill take it.

Seattle Seahawks

AB for #21, #84, 2020 3rd

Gimme.

Tampa Bay Buccaneers

AB for DE/OLB Noah Spence, #39, #70

I wouldnt be mad.

Tennessee Titans

AB for S Jonathan Cyprien, ILB Wesley Woodyard, #114

Is this a joke?

Worst trade suggestion by a large margin IMO.

Washington Redskins

AB for #15, #76, 2020 4th

I like it.

16 hours ago, Livewire said:

Nice job in putting this together. Hopefully the Steelers can fleece someone. I would love to see a way to pry Tremaine Edmunds from Buffalo somehow.

I don't know if this has been discussed already in the off-season thread, or the other 'Trade AB' thread, but if there is ONE thing, over the years, the Steelers have been fairly consistently go of at is letting go of players at the right time; I'm not saying AB won't be 'good', or even 'great' for someone else, but I doubt he'll be 'magical'. They would not entertain this scenario if they felt that Antonio was still 'too special' enough to keep around; they must see some slowing down in AB's game, preparation--something--for them to even entertain this.  The biggest exception to this would be Emmanuel Sanders, but let's be clear--Sander is thought of as a 'Very Good' WR--not a 'game changer'.

Also, if I might, when is Ben ever going to get his due...maybe if AB goes somewhere else and doesn't produce, but that will likely be tied to his age, I'm sure.  But my goodness, I have never seen a ore under-appreciated QB Talent in all of the NFL, with the exception of maybe Wilson.  But even Wilson has not 'created' Santonio, aforementioned Emmanuel, Brown, and now, JuJu...IDK, it could be coincidence, but to e, I think he has this innate skill to connect with WRs on a whole different level than other QBs.  Oh, then all he does is lead the league in Passing yds, and can't get a Pro-Bowl invite??  But Drew Brees, well, he can fling it around a dome year after year in 70 degree weather with no wind for a minimum of 9 of 16 games a season, and well, he's one of the 'Big 4' -- gimme a break...yeah I know, bias, blah, blah, blah, but all he does is win, create great WRs, takes his team to the SB 3x (and likely would've won that 3rd if not for an ill-timed fumble), be in the top 6 in 4QC/GWD, and 10th all-time in Comp %...grasp that for a second...ahead of Steve Young, Brady, and Montana...in Pittsburgh, Cleveland, Cinci, and Baltimore...only .4% behind Mr. Accurate--Aaron Rodgers...only QB with consecutive 6 TD games,Career 6th in Yds, 7th in TDs...so on and so forth...The evidence just keeps piling up, and yet, he continues to be dissed, over and over....just amazing...

...sorry all, you know me and my rants sometimes!!  :D

I appreciate the input 43. To clarify, i tried to look at their roster and come up with trades i thought other teams would offer. But I cant argue any of your responses. I appreciate it. I also agree, dont want guys like Tramon Williams, Parker, or Alonzo. Nor do I want Cyprien or Woodyard but I think its possible the respective teams, if they were to offer, offered something similar. We wouldnt take it obviously 

2 hours ago, Magnus-Viktor said:

I doubt the Cowgirls would do it, but I'd trade him straight up for Vander Esch.

he has been quite a rookie this season. I would want an additional pick, but Jerry won't trade his star rookie.  

7 hours ago, FourThreeMafia said:

AB for ILB Christian Kirksey (or RB Duke Johnson), 49, 92, 156

why trade steelers  best WR for a RB that won't see many snaps. Even if the steelers decide on a rotation of for depth reasons,  Chubb will still be at the mercy of ben wanting to pass the ball more than run it. Might as well keep ben happy and get another WR because the RB would be a waste unless somehow the steelers decide to run more . 

Whats annoying about these trade mocks is that many of these players could have been drafted but colbert wasted our drafts. 

For me I can only see a few players+picks I would trade for . Elite CB would be a start but Edge I would go UFA for since this is a good offseason for that. 

nfl.com

if this happens, then colbert should be fired. Why seek out offers when you have the best WR? Let the trades approach and take the best offer. If they settle for a 2nd and 3rd at best, that could be the end of colbert if those picks fail (without excuses). I can't believe what I read, 2nd and 3rd is laughable

"Now they may actually seek them. They may go out and say, 'What could you possibly give us for one of the game's premier receiver?'" Rapoport said. "The consensus is they could probably get a second-rounder-plus, maybe a second-rounder and third-rounder, probably not the [first-round pick] that the Cowboys got for Amari Cooper, but this is one of the best players in the NFL, so at the very least they should be able to get significant return."

19 minutes ago, 3rivers said:

nfl.com

if this happens, then colbert should be fired. Why seek out offers when you have the best WR? Let the trades approach and take the best offer. If they settle for a 2nd and 3rd at best, that could be the end of colbert if those picks fail (without excuses). I can't believe what I read, 2nd and 3rd is laughable

"Now they may actually seek them. They may go out and say, 'What could you possibly give us for one of the game's premier receiver?'" Rapoport said. "The consensus is they could probably get a second-rounder-plus, maybe a second-rounder and third-rounder, probably not the [first-round pick] that the Cowboys got for Amari Cooper, but this is one of the best players in the NFL, so at the very least they should be able to get significant return."

Why anyone takes what crappaport says seriously..........

Ian Rapoport is ridiculous. His comments imply that Amari Cooper is somehow more valuable than Antonio Brown. I get the Cooper is younger but he's also not half the player talent-wise. I said this before and I'm going to say it again there is going to be a team that is willing to Pony up a first-round pick plus more. There is going to be a team that is willing to mortgage a little bit of their future to get the NFL's best wide receiver and most productive wide receiver. Do the Pittsburgh Steelers take the trade I don't know but there's going to be a team did it comes to the table with an offer that is going to leave us scratching our head because of how good it actually was and we will be wondering why in the hell that team would have given up that much. I believe that completely

I'd rather get a good young player than a pick.  Unless it's a virtual no brainer like Bosa or Josh Allen.  Remember the Randy Moss trade?  Napoleon Harris (solid average player) and the #7 pick plus a 7th rounder.  Moss was 28, and the best WR in the game by a mile, but had those character issues that created distractions like Brown has.  Way better player than Brown is in my book.  They insisted they use that pick on a WR, and wasted it on Troy Williamson, who could get open as good as anyone I've ever seen, but couldn't catch the damn ball.  The 7th was on a CB named Adrian Ward who never played for them.  

So lets say they do one of these trades mentioned here, for a mediocre LB and a 1st, but the LB is just a dude, and the 1st is wasted on a bust like Jarvis Jones or Bud Dupree or Artie Burns.  Then it looks rather bad.  

So my #1 choice would be Leighton Vander Esch, if the Cowboys would part with him.  He was my #1 guy in last year's draft and checks every box for our biggest need position.  He's a backup behind Lee in Dallas.  They might do it because they have Sean Lee and Jaylen Smith, who are considered stars by many.  Steelers should've traded up for him last year.  Would've made a lot more sense to burn a 1 and 2 to move up and take him, than waste those picks on what they did.

1 hour ago, Magnus-Viktor said:

o my #1 choice would be Leighton Vander Esch, if the Cowboys would part with him.  He was my #1 guy in last year's draft and checks every box for our biggest need position.  He's a backup behind Lee in Dallas.  They might do it because they have Sean Lee and Jaylen Smith, who are considered stars by many.  Steelers should've traded up for him last year.  Would've made a lot more sense to burn a 1 and 2 to move up and take him, than waste those picks on what they did.

They're gonna cut Lee.

6 hours ago, Big Snack said:

Why anyone takes what crappaport says seriously..........

I normally don't , and btw I believe I gave him that nickname :$ If they let AB go for nothing, it won't go over well here thats for sure. Right though, beware of crapaport .

I don't even think the Cowboys could afford Brown.

I'd take Chris Harris and a pick or two. I don't think the Broncos part with him and a top 10 pick. But what if you can get their 2nd and 3rd? And it's not a cap killer. I'd take Harris over Peterson.

4 hours ago, CKSteeler said:

I don't even think the Cowboys could afford Brown.

I'd take Chris Harris and a pick or two. I don't think the Broncos part with him and a top 10 pick. But what if you can get their 2nd and 3rd? And it's not a cap killer. I'd take Harris over Peterson.

why Harris instead of Peterson? I doubt Fangio  ships out Harris. 

Archived