If, Then, Why Statements...

Ghostnote

So, I was thinking about this statement as I am working and, I want to suggest the statement to the forum. 

If the Redskins do __________________________ , then I will ______________________________________ ?

So, If the Redskins draft Kyler Murray, then I will quit completely. 

I don't think he is going to be a good NFL QB, and I am scared that the Redskins will be on board to fill seats with a potential exciting player, but one that is not all in on Football. And, I think the Skins would move up to get him in which this would secure Bruce of still having a job, yet again. 

10 hours ago, RSkinGM said:

If the Redskins play I'll watch and root for them . It's who I am .

It's an unspoken vow, for better for worse, 'till death do us part . 

Maybe it's a sickness. I try not to over think it.  

Nothing says you can't watch them on TV and root for them, but to get invested where news like this ruins your day and week, gets your blood pressure up, etc......don't let them have the power over you like that.  Divorce yourself from caring about that stuff, and whatever happens, happens.  

11 hours ago, mike23md said:

So, I was thinking about this statement as I am working and, I want to suggest the statement to the forum. 

If the Redskins do __________________________ , then I will ______________________________________ ?

So, If the Redskins draft Kyler Murray, then I will quit completely. 

I don't think he is going to be a good NFL QB, and I am scared that the Redskins will be on board to fill seats with a potential exciting player, but one that is not all in on Football. And, I think the Skins would move up to get him in which this would secure Bruce of still having a job, yet again. 

Given the volatility that the Redskins front office provides, versus the stability with the Oakland Athletics- the team president has been there for years, has a share in ownership and the GM served under him for years- no way Kyler Murray ever suits up for the Redskins.  It would be a wasted pick.  With Oakland and his baseball talents, Murray has the ceiling of an All-Star caliber outfielder year in and year out, with the floor of a Mike Cameron type- low average, good power, stolen base threat and great center field defense.  That is going to make Murray a lot of guaranteed money when it's all said and done.  

If the redskins continue to suck, I’ll continue to tell people about how I missed the glory days and my dad blames me for our failure’s!!!!

Just so you guys know I was at Sean Taylor’s last game against the eagles got hurt. Rg’s Baltimore game. And the first game since then was when Smith Broke his leg. I think my dads onto something sorry guys

If the Redskins could go back in time and fire Dumbo Gruden and pronote McVay then I’d be watching football next week and getting ready to throw all my forum brothers a Super Bowl party to remember 

If the Redskins owner commits Seppuku  then I will start to have hope the Redskins will ever be a serious contender again

Seppuku or maybe even this would do

ResponsibleLimitedDog-size_restricted.gi

3 minutes ago, Doc Draper said:

If the Redskins could go back in time and fire Dumbo Gruden and pronote McVay then I’d be watching football next week and getting ready to throw all my forum brothers a Super Bowl party to remember 

If the Redskins owner commits Seppuku  then I will start to have hope the Redskins will ever be a serious contender again

Seppuku or maybe even this would do

ResponsibleLimitedDog-size_restricted.gi

My problem with the fire Gruden, and pick up McVay opinion is two-fold.  One, that move has not worked out for teams who fired a head coach to promote a coordinator to keep them.  The Bucs just fired Dirk Koetter after firing Lovie Smith to keep him, and Ben McAdoo was a disaster replacing Tom Coughlin and only lasted two years as the Giants head coach.  Two, even if we did that and kept McVay, we all know Snyder and Allen would not have allowed him to install the culture that he would've wanted to succeed.  

On 1/11/2019 at 11:54 PM, naptownskinsfan said:

Nothing says you can't watch them on TV and root for them, but to get invested where news like this ruins your day and week, gets your blood pressure up, etc......don't let them have the power over you like that.  Divorce yourself from caring about that stuff, and whatever happens, happens.  

Yeah, I'm not going to allow another fan tell me how I should be a fan of my favorite team. Thanks for your concerns though.

3 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

I have much more fun watching and analyzing football now- and not just Redskins games- since I stopped caring.  I highly recommend it. 

I get it, and I am like you in that way where I don't get as emotionally invested anymore. It's like my dad says, ”they don't send me a check.” But I don't think anyone should tell anyone else how they should be rooting for their team. If they want to get emotionally vested, so be it, that's their prerogative. 

Archived