The Linehan Watch - FINAL DECISION: TERMINATED

textaz03

2 minutes ago, matt79511 said:

I maintain Dez sucked last year, but he was never wrong about this

His problem was concentration drops, and I think that stemmed from his frustration with Linehans offense/young QB.  Now he has missed a year of football and has to rehab an injury at 30.

No telling what you'd get from him except a good price.

At the least I think you improve the redzone offense with Dez. For a team with no TE and a WR1 that doesn't do jump ball fades, he could be of use. At the most I think you get a solid #2. Not that I want to impede the growth of Gallup but at this point Beasley may cost more than Dez. I think Amari, Dez, or Gallup could hand some slot work.

32 minutes ago, CAPJ said:

Unfortunately, I think its someone inside. Doug Nussmeir or Garrett himself. I honestly wouldnt even be shocked if they gave it to Moore.

If they do bring someone externally, I full expect them to take over play calling of JGs offense.

I can't see in any scenario Moore would.

26 minutes ago, plan9misfit said:

4. Does this put the spotlight/onus on Garrett to go deep in the playoffs or face being fired, himself?

Undoubtedly, but do we think this team will be true to their word that they expect an even deeper run into the playoffs, or will they simply be content with making it back? I tend to the think the latter.

Which is another way of saying I actually do think he’ll be let go the next time he misses the playoffs (assuming no SB or prolonged NFCCG run precedes that). If it’s not already, at some point it should become apparent that a team led by Jason Garrett and Dak Prescott is just too inherently conservative to contend in the 35-38 PPG, Mahomes/McVay era of football. And when our team can no longer deny that, I bet they pick Dak.

I wouldn't be surprised if Garrett took over completely.

Kinda like Linehan was on the hot seat last year and they gave him more control. I think this could be Jason Garrett's make or break year, and he takes full control.

2 minutes ago, DaBoys said:

His problem was concentration drops, and I think that stemmed from his frustration with Linehans offense/young QB.  Now he has missed a year of football and has to rehab an injury at 30.

At the least I think you improve the redzone offense with Dez. For a team with no TE and a WR1 that doesn't do jump ball fades, he could be of use. At the most I think you get a solid #2. Not that I want to impede the growth of Gallup but at this point Beasley may cost more than Dez. I think Amari, Dez, or Gallup could hand some slot work.

Isn't he under contract with NO still?

4 minutes ago, DaBoys said:

It’s not the worst idea in the world. If his body’s right I agree he can still be a #3 at the least. I suspect there’s probably still too much bad blood there though

1 minute ago, matt79511 said:

It’s not the worst idea in the world. If his body’s right I agree he can still be a #3 at the least. I suspect there’s probably still too much bad blood there though

I'm hoping they can use Linehans departure as a way to start anew. He did state right before he signed with the saints that he would rather sign back with us if anything. But I agree it still feels toxic, and I give it less than 5% chance.

I'd be so super stoked though. It would make up for last season, when they should have offered Dez a pay cut and fired Linehan. But in this scenario Linehan gets fired, we get Dez back, and we have Amari. It would be beautiful.

Just now, atran35 said:

I feel like...we just took step closer to winning a divisional game...is this HOPE???

Depends on who they bring in to replace him. I also hope this means Kellen Moore is shown the door.

Archived