Kyler Murray

LoganF89

Just now, lavar703 said:

At this point, I would be absolutely shocked if he’s not our pick. He’s the only thing that could put butts in seats. And don’t think they don’t realize that. 

Mmmmm, sugar high ticket sales. What could possibly go wrong with that?!

Just now, lavar703 said:

If he’s there at 15, he’s a Redskin. This is like Snyder’s wet dream. You and I both know this. He doesn’t make it past us. 

Up until he then decides to go play baseball ... which will happen about a day or two after the Redskins draft him.

47 minutes ago, Woz said:

Up until he then decides to go play baseball ... which will happen about a day or two after the Redskins draft him.

I honestly think he will put in at least two years in the NFL.  However, if things aren't looking like he is going to have a great career, he will jump for MLB.  It's really, really hard for me to justify putting a first round label on this guy.  Murray's a big time talent, but who knows how committed he is, and if his size is going to cause issues for him as well.  

We all know that Snyder and Allen would draft him for the tickets and jersey sales, let's just hope another team beats us to him. 

Murray has the strongest arm in the class imo. BUT, as knowledgable fans, we know that is all that matters to Bruceeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee. Desean Jackson will be back. Murray to Jackson all day. That is THEIR mindset. 

My mindset is: Murray has the best arm in the class, but he has a lot of things he needs to work on in Jay's offense. Timing, mechanics, stepping into throws, moving up in the pocket, footwork, looking off safeties, being under center, etcetera etcetera etcetera. 3rd round prospect IMO. 

17 minutes ago, mike23md said:

Murray has the strongest arm in the class imo. BUT, as knowledgable fans, we know that is all that matters to Bruceeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee. Desean Jackson will be back. Murray to Jackson all day. That is THEIR mindset. 

My mindset is: Murray has the best arm in the class, but he has a lot of things he needs to work on in Jay's offense. Timing, mechanics, stepping into throws, moving up in the pocket, footwork, looking off safeties, being under center, etcetera etcetera etcetera. 3rd round prospect IMO. 

He isn’t a 3rd round prospect dude!!!!! He has a skill set that can win games while a coaching staff mixes in packages to help him develop as a pocket passer. That’s kinda crazy Mike 3rd round compared to guys we’ve seen go round one in way weaker classes? I just simply don’t agree. My breakdown of Murray isn’t based on whether he would succeed here because I have doubts!! But I wouldn’t be shocked if he came here and thrived because he is a gamer!!! He has a skill set that can open this running game up something crazy!!! This team when we pounded the ball was on pace to be playoff contenders. This guy with the backs we have and a healthy Guice could be insane!!! And this guy has the stones to throw a jump ball to Doc so I think he is the type of player that this team needs where he makes Everyone else better!!!!!! I’m all about Murray height is a worry but the boy can play football!!!!

1 minute ago, mike23md said:

Dont see it. Sorry. 3rd round, maybe late 2nd. Definitely not a 1st round pick. Everything that I have seen has been marginal except for his arm strength. 

You don’t see a better QB skill set throwing the ball with touch and accuracy then Lamar Jackson?

2 minutes ago, ripsean21 said:

You don’t see a better QB skill set throwing the ball with touch and accuracy then Lamar Jackson?

You make Lamar Jackson throw the ball and he is awful. I always believed he needs a lot of work. 

Read it here: https://www.nflmock.com/post/lamar-jackson-bust-preview

Putting in Jackson for the Ravens was the only option. Their OC did the same thing that Kyle did here with RGIII. Modified the offense to fit something that works. But again, Jackson will get figured out and the Chargers did just that. When they stopped being aggressive on defense in the 2nd half of that game against the Ravens, Jackson had some success throwing. When they clamped him down and forced him to throw, he sucked. And Jackson had the strongest arm in the class. 

6 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

He's like 5'9" 180 lbs though.  

Does he look physically small though? Not about the height he looks built like a athlete. How much dfference does 3” and 20 pounds look in stature? Height length to build he doesn’t look like a small guy!!! He’s not a long striding runner which has haunted RG for falling in weird angles. Look at the nagging injury history of great athletes with long strides like DJax, Calvin Johnson, Julio, RG there is something to that. Russell is physically bigger but what’s to say come combine and draft time when Kyler is 195 and looks like he can hold that weight I’m not overly concerned.

The fact that Mike and Knight that you two don’t agree with me almost kills me because both of y’all are pound the rock tough defenseive guys and we only differ on things seldomly. But I have spent a lot of time breaking him down even more then Grier who I thought was the best fit for Grudens offense. But I think Murray can make the entire offense better!!!

Archived