πŸ¦…πŸ€  NFC East πŸ€·β€β™‚οΈπŸ†˜ | Celebrating the Cowboys' 28 Years of Sadness

Phire

11 minutes ago, NoFlyZone said:

Dallas loses, NFCE fans:

austin powers GIF
Β 

Austin Powers Evil Laugh GIF

Dallas wins, proving stupid takes wrong. NFCE fans:

No One Cares Americanhousewife GIF by ABC Network

No one cares bro. Miss me with the irony. I gave ya’ll like 3 days. If I gave ya 3 days following a loss you’d all be like: β€œhE mUsT bE wOrKiNg tOdAY lMAOOOO”

The irony is that you think the cowboys are relevant enough for us to care about.

12 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

This. Β So much this. Β At least when Matts trolled he kept it to 3-4 sentences.

Hey man it’s not my fault that you struggle with reading. I just gave you a dumbed down post of Gifs for a reason.

Seriously... there's no pleasing some people.

Edited by NoFlyZone

1 hour ago, MKnight82 said:

The irony is that you think the cowboys are relevant enough for us to care about.

And yet here you are. And this is coming from the Washington Commanders fan of the group. Come on now.

(There, I met your very limited parameters for posting on FF hope you’re happy.. apparently some people just want to be weird forum nazis. Not asking you to come by and read my content my guy... lol)

Edited by NoFlyZone

11 hours ago, Jeezla said:

The main difference I'm seeing is that Dak is better at converting turnovers into points in a home game vs Cooper having to go to Philly and deal with crowd noise after working with the 2's most of the offseason and not having any real chemistry with the 1's, but also better at losing to teams like the jags.

7-1 (although I only see 6-1), the teams you beat? Eaglesx1, Vikes, Giantsx2, Washingtonx1, and Cinci (with Rush) when they sucked. You've won 2 games outside the division against winning teams, and the Eagles would have/did beat those teams too. Dak looked like crap until Avonte Maddox went out and Dak could pick on Josiah Scott. Dallas D won that game, not Dak. If we turn the ball over to Cooper Rush 4 times, we lose to Cooper Rush. Dak has thrown 12 picks in 10 games. Cooper threw 3 in 7 games. Dak is a better thrower, but Cooper was a better game manager.
Let's look at the teams each QB lost to:
Cooper Rush - Philly
Dak - TB, GB, Jax

If Cooper Rush was your QB all year, you win the division and have home field. Dak is basically TB Jameis, but with a better defense.Β 

And those 7 wins vs winning teams, lets talk about them. Or 6 of them anyways, not sure who the 7th was.

Cinci - They scored 17 points
NYG - They scored 16 points
WAS -They scored 10 points
MIN - They scored 3 points
NYG - They scored 20 points
PHI - We turned the ball over 4 times

Yea, it's definitely Dak winning these games, and not the defense. I'm sure Cooper Rush wouldn't have been able to muster the 21 points necessary to beat those teams. I know he ain't throwing a pick 6 to start off against us.

Β 

I mean you're not even trying to be unbiased here. Dak looked like crap until the Maddox injury? That's laughable. He started the game with the bad interception (which had nothing to do with Maddox) but otherwise was hitting 90% of his targets in the first half. What exactly do you define crap as?Β  All you do is make excuses and move the goal posts. I mean seriously, Dak had nearly 400 yards of offense, three touchdowns that should have been four if not for a bad drop and was going down the field pretty much at will to the tune of 40 points dropped on your defense. Meanwhile Rush didn't even complete half of his passes, had three bad interceptions (including one where he should have hit Lamb for a big play), and couldn't push the ball down the field at all while limping to 186 yards passing in a comeback effort. There is no comparison there. You can't say the Dallas defense won it for the Cowboys when it took Dak putting up 40 points to get it done. Obviously the pick six hurt, and that particular interception was all on Dak... but Minshew had a great performance in his own right throwing over 350 yards and frankly being more productive than Hurts was in the first matchup. You can't exactly say Rush would have won that matchup as a game manager when it required the Dallas offense to have a strong showing in order to win. Dak had one turnover at the very beginning but was otherwise lights out.Β 

And for some reason you just decided to ignore that this hasn't exactly been a one game thing. Dallas literally has the #1 scoring offense in the league since Dak came back to the team over two months ago. Saying he's Jameis with a better defense is just dumb when you consider the fact that he has changed his team from a bottom 1/4th scoring team to literally #1 in the league since his return. Dak hasn't exactly had turnover troubles throughout his entire career through now... it's just been sort of a recent, unfortunate thing. And yet even PFF (which I'm not big on) has stated that 6 of those interceptions came on non turnover worthy plays -- great example of this was Dak's pass bouncing right off of Noah Brown's hands on an easy, safe throw which was then turned into a game sealing pick six -- this kind of thing has happened wayyy too much this season.Β 

Cherry pick stats about the defense all you want... you can't say they're the reason why the team has been winning with Dak when he has turned that offense into the highest scoring unit in the game throughout the past two months of this season. That continued last Sunday, and clearly Philly payed the price for it because they couldn't stop anything. No one thought the Cowboys were a heavy hitter with Cooper Rush... they were simply a team that had to lean on the run game and defense to win them tough, gritty close games against so-so teams... there is a reason why the wheels fell off the wagon against the Eagles. They needed their offense to come to life, and it has more than done that -- it's the reason why the Cowboys can compete against anyone right now.Β 

@EaglesPeteCΒ Alright there... NOW you can complain about post length.Β 

Edited by NoFlyZone

8 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

vince mcmahon GIF
Β 

NFZ coming in the forum after narrowly beating our backup QB by 6 when he screamed for 2 months the Eagles beating the Dallas backup by 9 wasn’t impressiveΒ 

More like NFZ coming into the forum after Minshew literally played better than Jalen Hurts did in the first matchup and Philly still lost. The drop off from Hurts to Minshew was negligible for your team... the drop off from Dak to Cooper Rush is massive. And that isn't meant as a shot at Hurts... Minshew just really played that well.Β 

And the overall point really was the fact that there were soooo many Philly fans acting like it didn't matter that the Cowboys didn't have Dak in the first matchup... and then he came in and put up nearly 400 yards of offense and a handful of touchdowns. That's it, really.

Edited by NoFlyZone

31 minutes ago, NoFlyZone said:

More like NFZ coming into the forum after Minshew literally played better than Jalen Hurts did in the first matchup

Stopped reading after this.Β 

Minshew had 3 turnovers. Whether they were his fault or not. And your defense isn't even close to as good as it was earlier in the year.

7 minutes ago, Danger said:

Stopped reading after this.Β 

Minshew had 3 turnovers. Whether they were his fault or not. And your defense isn't even close to as good as it was earlier in the year.

Whether that’s true or not… clearly and obviously Minshew played a great game. Dallas was fantastic on offense. The drop off between Hurts and Minshew was barely visible whereas the difference between Rush and Dak is clearly massive.Β 
How exactly do you think Hurts performs in that game? Dallas needed 35+ to win as it was… and put up 40. You think Hurts would have been putting up 40+? Because that’s likely what it would have taken.Β