πŸ¦…πŸ€  NFC East πŸ€·β€β™‚οΈπŸ†˜ | Celebrating the Cowboys' 28 Years of Sadness

Phire

16 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

Refs screwed Wash pretty hard at the end of this game tbhΒ 

The last play was ugly... By the letter of the law that is PI, but then in some games they let them play through stuff like that.

At the end of the day you gotta be good enough to not let the refs impact the game... especially in this big of a game at home. Heinicke killed Washington with his fumbles.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Scalamania said:

Are we ignoring the part in which the Cowboys defense let a glorified PS squad in the Texans put up number against them? A team that has two USFL QBs who go 20/27 for 200+ against them? A team that lets a XFL WR go for 10 and 120+ against them?Β 
Β 

To say this is not in character is delusional. The Cowboys defense has been bad for a few weeks, the Jaguars game is not an anomaly.Β 

Ah, so you’re wanting to plainly and openly cherry pick I see.Β 

I mean seriously, over the last four games the defense has allowed point totals of 20, 19, 23, and then 40 (well 34 really...) from today. The point total allowed today is literally nearly double the points per game they had allowed during the 'past few weeks' that they supposedly have been playing "bad". Two touchdowns in difference... and that difference becomes even greater if you include the beatdown of the Vikings on the road (which is certainly relevant given the quality of players that offense has). Cherry picking individual player stats from the game and using it as a picture of overall defensive performance is almost meaningless. If anything the defense has had to adjust to several key injuries such as losing Anthony Brown and Jourdan Lewis for the season – unfortunately their replacements have struggled. Meanwhile today the team lost LVE almost immediately on top of that – their best full time LB.Β  Ignoring all of that, the unit has still been solid aside from today. You’re just being opportunistic by coming out of the woodworks at the best possible moment to go after their defensive performance after they let up their highest point total of the entire season... it's really that simple.

When it comes down to points allowed today vs points allowed in terms of their average you're plainly and obviously wrong. Highlighting random personal player stats within the games doesn't change that. Talk about delusional.Β 

Edited by NoFlyZone

5 hours ago, NoFlyZone said:

Ah, so you’re wanting to plainly and openly cherry pick I see.Β 

I mean seriously, over the last four games the defense has allowed point totals of 20, 19, 23, and then 40 (well 34 really...) from today. The point total allowed today is literally nearly double the points per game they had allowed during the 'past few weeks' that they supposedly have been playing "bad". Two touchdowns in difference... and that difference becomes even greater if you include the beatdown of the Vikings on the road (which is certainly relevant given the quality of players that offense has). Cherry picking individual player stats from the game and using it as a picture of overall defensive performance is almost meaningless. If anything the defense has had to adjust to several key injuries such as losing Anthony Brown and Jourdan Lewis for the season – unfortunately their replacements have struggled. Meanwhile today the team lost LVE almost immediately on top of that – their best full time LB.Β  Ignoring all of that, the unit has still been solid aside from today. You’re just being opportunistic by coming out of the woodworks at the best possible moment to go after their defensive performance after they let up their highest point total of the entire season... it's really that simple.

When it comes down to points allowed today vs points allowed in terms of their average you're plainly and obviously wrong. Highlighting random personal player stats within the games doesn't change that. Talk about delusional.Β 

It’s almost as if Ws and Ls are the only thing that really matters, eh?Β 

14 minutes ago, Broadway Joe said:

Ban prime time games.Β 

Spent a few years out west stationed in CO when I was in the Army. Prime time games were so nice. You could watch the entire game and still be in bed at a decent hour. East coasters get screwed.

Also hungover btw. One too many rum and cokes last night.

1 hour ago, Shockwave said:

Spent a few years out west stationed in CO when I was in the Army. Prime time games were so nice. You could watch the entire game and still be in bed at a decent hour. East coasters get screwed.

In the pacific time zone prime time games are over before 9 Pm so you have time to wind down before bed after games.

1 hour ago, Shockwave said:

I had over 10 Guinness.Β