πŸ¦…πŸ€  NFC East πŸ€·β€β™‚οΈπŸ†˜ | Celebrating the Cowboys' 28 Years of Sadness

Phire

15 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

Love that they are talking Eagles a week to early. Especially after looking not great against the Texans. Maybe a slip up against the Jags that could still realistically steal their division?

Well, they are not doing so out of the blue, it was a direct question on Hurts on a show, so don't think too much of it.Β 

• Like 1

I penciled the cowboy game as a loss. 3 road games ending in Dallas would be tough no matter what. However, sometimes stuff like this motivates. I’m starting to like the Eagles to wrap up the regular season in Dallas. I think @Nabbs4umentioned it about being at home after the Dallas game. Would be really nice for them to be at home for two straight weeks, get a bye and then a home game. Would be a solid month at home waiting for their playoff opponent.Β 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jroc04 said:

I penciled the cowboy game as a loss. 3 road games ending in Dallas would be tough no matter what. However, sometimes stuff like this motivates. I’m starting to like the Eagles to wrap up the regular season in Dallas. I think @Nabbs4umentioned it about being at home after the Dallas game. Would be really nice for them to be at home for two straight weeks, get a bye and then a home game. Would be a solid month at home waiting for their playoff opponent.Β 

Given that we'll have a 1st round BYE, and already 2 weeks of rest effectively (resting vs Giants) I still think we play the game at home against New Orleans given the strong draft pick implications. At least enough just to make sure we win the game. If it's a blowout at the half we could sit the 2nd half IMO

4 minutes ago, Danger said:

Given that we'll have a 1st round BYE, and already 2 weeks of rest effectively (resting vs Giants) I still think we play the game at home against New Orleans given the strong draft pick implications. At least enough just to make sure we win the game. If it's a blowout at the half we could sit the 2nd half IMO

I don’t think you’re necessarily wrong but I hope Nick pushes for rest over draft slot. Howie may want it but ultimately I don’t think they risk any type of injury for that game. Maybe have the staters play the first quarter or so. But other than that, to β€œmake sure they keep sharp”, I can’t think of any other reason to be out there. God forbid we lose a valuable piece in what’s essentially a scrimmage for us, the town will go bananas.Β 

Just now, Jroc04 said:

I don’t think you’re necessarily wrong but I hope Nick pushes for rest over draft slot. Howie may want it but ultimately I don’t think they risk any type of injury for that game. Maybe have the staters play the first quarter or so. But other than that, to β€œmake sure they keep sharp”, I can’t think of any other reason to be out there. God forbid we lose a valuable piece in what’s essentially a scrimmage for us, the town will go bananas.Β 

If we beat the Bears and Cowboys we have to at least play our guys vs the Saints. Taking three weeks off between games would kill all momentum we have built over the season. We have gotta at least play our guys for a half to let them keep the rhythm going.

Discussing before the outcome of either game is obviously premature though... hope we can have a nice convo about it in a couple weeks.

On 12/14/2022 at 2:30 PM, Danger said:

Given that we'll have a 1st round BYE, and already 2 weeks of rest effectively (resting vs Giants)

The Giants won’t accept you resting players against them in the last week of the season β€” they don’t believe in it and think it’s wrong and unfair.

• Like 4