πŸ¦…πŸ€  NFC East πŸ€·β€β™‚οΈπŸ†˜ | Celebrating the Cowboys' 28 Years of Sadness

Phire

Alright it's been a little too quiet here (super weird, I wonder why that might be..), so let me stir it up a little now that the holiday is a little more over.

@Jeezla: Remember when Philly beat a Cooper Rush led Cowboys team in what was an absolutely terrible performance by him... and then you spent significant time in the Gen GDT thread claiming that it didn't matter that the Cowboys were without Dak because Rush and Dak were the same level of QB? That he was basically cooked and done because his team simply had a bad/rusty week one performance and that one little game was enough evidence for you?

And then Dak came back and took over an offense that was ranked in the bottom 3/4th of the league with Rush and turned it into literally #1 in the league over the time span that he has been back while averaging over 36 points a game? They went from scoring 21 on average with Rush with extremely pedestrian performances to being the hottest offense in the league. But yeah, totally no difference there. Weird how in comparison to the first matchup where Rush went 18/38 (47%) for 186, 1 TD to 3 interceptions Dak just so happened to go 27/35 (77%) for 347 yards passing, 41 rushing for a total of nearly 400 yards, 3 touchdowns (would have been 4 if Gallup didn't lose a perfect pass "in the sun") and 1 early interception.

Just curious... were you able to spot the difference that you were so convinced didn't exist? Had to follow up on some receipts here.

And just for fun:

Β 

Β 

Β 

Edited by NoFlyZone

5 hours ago, NoFlyZone said:

Alright it's been a little too quiet here (super weird, I wonder why that might be..), so let me stir it up a little now that the holiday is a little more over.

@Jeezla: Remember when Philly beat a Cooper Rush led Cowboys team in what was an absolutely terrible performance by him... and then you spent significant time in the Gen GDT thread claiming that it didn't matter that the Cowboys were without Dak because Rush and Dak were the same level of QB? That he was basically cooked and done because his team simply had a bad/rusty week one performance and that one little game was enough evidence for you?

And then Dak came back and took over an offense that was ranked in the bottom 3/4th of the league with Rush and turned it into literally #1 in the league over the time span that he has been back while averaging over 36 points a game? They went from scoring 21 on average with Rush with extremely pedestrian performances to being the hottest offense in the league. But yeah, totally no difference there. Weird how in comparison to the first matchup where Rush went 18/38 (47%) for 186, 1 TD to 3 interceptions Dak just so happened to go 27/35 (77%) for 347 yards passing, 41 rushing for a total of nearly 400 yards, 3 touchdowns (would have been 4 if Gallup didn't lose a perfect pass "in the sun") and 1 early interception.

Just curious... were you able to spot the difference that you were so convinced didn't exist? Had to follow up on some receipts here.

And just for fun:

Β 

Β 

Β 

No one cares.Β 

• Like 5

9 hours ago, NoFlyZone said:

And just for fun:

Β 

Β 

Β 

The main difference I'm seeing is that Dak is better at converting turnovers into points in a home game vs Cooper having to go to Philly and deal with crowd noise after working with the 2's most of the offseason and not having any real chemistry with the 1's, but also better at losing to teams like the jags.

7-1 (although I only see 6-1), the teams you beat? Eaglesx1, Vikes, Giantsx2, Washingtonx1, and Cinci (with Rush) when they sucked. You've won 2 games outside the division against winning teams, and the Eagles would have/did beat those teams too. Dak looked like crap until Avonte Maddox went out and Dak could pick on Josiah Scott. Dallas D won that game, not Dak. If we turn the ball over to Cooper Rush 4 times, we lose to Cooper Rush. Dak has thrown 12 picks in 10 games. Cooper threw 3 in 7 games. Dak is a better thrower, but Cooper was a better game manager.
Let's look at the teams each QB lost to:
Cooper Rush - Philly
Dak - TB, GB, Jax

If Cooper Rush was your QB all year, you win the division and have home field. Dak is basically TB Jameis, but with a better defense.Β 

And those 7 wins vs winning teams, lets talk about them. Or 6 of them anyways, not sure who the 7th was.

Cinci - They scored 17 points
NYG - They scored 16 points
WAS -They scored 10 points
MIN - They scored 3 points
NYG - They scored 20 points
PHI - We turned the ball over 4 times

Yea, it's definitely Dak winning these games, and not the defense. I'm sure Cooper Rush wouldn't have been able to muster the 21 points necessary to beat those teams. I know he ain't throwing a pick 6 to start off against us.

Β 

Edited by Jeezla

Dak has been good. Not at any crazy level though. He’s been as good ( not the best ) as any other QB with a good offense. Don’t know what metric he’s #1 in. The most striking thing I’ve noticed is the INT rate. He’s not performing well enough to forget that he’s thrown 11 interceptions since he’s been back.Β 

7 hours ago, MKnight82 said:

No one cares.Β 

Convenient. I can imagine the noise if Dallas lost that game on Christmas Eve.. and I think we can agree there would have been a lot. Definitely was a lot of talk when the team lost on the road with Cooper Rush. Super weird how that works out. But sure, I’m sure you don’t care about bad takes called out just because we’re talking about the Cowboys here. On a website related to talking about sports.. specifically football lol. Never change FF.

And the guy I was actually interested in resuming the convo with wrote an essay in response. But thanks for clarifying that the WASHINGTON fan here doesn’t care lol.Β 

Edited by NoFlyZone

3 hours ago, NoFlyZone said:

Convenient. I can imagine the noise if Dallas lost that game on Christmas Eve.. and I think we can agree there would have been a lot. Definitely was a lot of talk when the team lost on the road with Cooper Rush. Super weird how that works out. But sure, I’m sure you don’t care about bad takes called out just because we’re talking about the Cowboys here. On a website related to talking about sports.. specifically football lol. Never change FF.

And the guy I was actually interested in resuming the convo with wrote an essay in response. But thanks for clarifying that the WASHINGTON fan here doesn’t care lol.Β 

Actually I clarified that no one cares.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

Actually I clarified that no one cares.

Dallas loses, NFCE fans:

austin powers GIF
Β 

Austin Powers Evil Laugh GIF

Dallas wins, proving stupid takes wrong. NFCE fans:

No One Cares Americanhousewife GIF by ABC Network

No one cares bro. Miss me with the irony. I gave ya’ll like 3 days. If I gave ya 3 days following a loss you’d all be like: β€œhE mUsT bE wOrKiNg tOdAY lMAOOOO”

Edited by NoFlyZone