🦅🤠 NFC East 🤷‍♂️🆘 | Celebrating the Cowboys' 28 Years of Sadness

Phire

36 minutes ago, EAGLES3658 said:

Haha no, he would say you barely won another close game. Refs, luck, etc. 

Again, I haven’t claimed any of this.. in terms of your team winning because of refs, luck, etc. Not sure where your reading level is at.. but yikes. The entire point in talking about the close games has everything to do with talking about you all being dismissive of Dallas because of their strength of schedule despite your team not performing especially well against that same level of competition when they’ve had the chance. 

And yet I’m still saying the Eagles are a good team, and top 3 in the NFC. And yet you’re all acting like I’m saying they’re bad, frauds, etc. It’s ridiculous.

Edited by NoFlyZone

Some of the takes are a little biased by our friend here but if the bickering can end with the agreed notion that Dallas is also a pretty good team in the NFC then yes, they are a pretty good team. SF, PHL, DAL are pretty clearly the cream of the crop. SF has taken both teams to the woodshed. PHL has beaten some very good teams. DAL has beaten no one of a playoff caliber. Is there anything else to argue? 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

Some of the takes are a little biased by our friend here but if the bickering can end with the agreed notion that Dallas is also a pretty good team in the NFC then yes, they are a pretty good team. SF, PHL, DAL are pretty clearly the cream of the crop. SF has taken both teams to the woodshed. PHL has beaten some very good teams. DAL has beaten no one of a playoff caliber. Is there anything else to argue? 

If you've been around the last year ish, you'll find that there is apparently always something to argue about.

1 hour ago, NoFlyZone said:

Again, I haven’t claimed any of this.. in terms of your team winning because of refs, luck, etc. Not sure where your reading level is at.. but yikes. The entire point in talking about the close games has everything to do with talking about you all being dismissive of Dallas because of their strength of schedule despite your team not performing especially well against that same level of competition when they’ve had the chance. 

And yet I’m still saying the Eagles are a good team, and top 3 in the NFC. And yet you’re all acting like I’m saying they’re bad, frauds, etc. It’s ridiculous.

I think most people here would agree with you, but we just want you keep that same energy when the Cowboys nearly/should have lost to the Seahawks at home and get exposed??? What about winning close in that level of competition? I think we can all agree that the Seahawks aren't one of the best teams in the NFL and they came to your house and almost won. 

44 minutes ago, Eagles $5$ said:

I think most people here would agree with you, but we just want you keep that same energy when the Cowboys nearly/should have lost to the Seahawks at home and get exposed??? What about winning close in that level of competition? I think we can all agree that the Seahawks aren't one of the best teams in the NFL and they came to your house and almost won. 

I think you’re just missing on what energy you think I’m giving the Eagles. I haven’t said anything about the Eagles getting exposed in close games. I was simply bringing it up with consideration to the schedule Dallas has faced, as that’s all we can really do. It seems odd to clown them over their strength of schedule when Philly had to tough it out vs several teams of that caliber.. and also were on a very similar level of play to Dallas in the one game they’ve had against each other this season. That’s not to be dismissive of Philly.. obviously they are a top team in the NFC - it’s simply about fairly including Dallas in that conversation regardless of which one you think may or may not be a little better than the other right now. I personally do think the Cowboys are a tad stronger, but we shall see. We’ll see what next week brings. If Dallas wins that game, keeps their impressive home win streak alive, and jumps ahead in the division.. the dismissiveness by so many people should truly be put to rest. 

Edited by NoFlyZone

Alright, what more do you guys want to see? Dallas was only dominating because of their level of competition, right? So why did Philly get crushed? (And it could have been much worse).

Now Dallas currently has the division lead. Maybe they’re nowhere near fraudulent.

4 minutes ago, NoFlyZone said:

Alright, what more do you guys want to see? Dallas was only dominating because of their level of competition, right? So why did Philly get crushed? (And it could have been much worse).

Now Dallas currently has the division lead. Maybe they’re nowhere near fraudulent.

I thought they just said Philly controls their own destiny if they win out? Eagles still seem likely to win the division and a split between these teams always seemed the most rationale and realistic take. Dallas finally got a win against a good team who is in a slump while coming off 10 days rest. Congrats. You won your Superbowl. I am not sure much changed, other than it seems like a really weak year around the league so I guess that could give Cowboys fans hope. 

2 minutes ago, EAGLES3658 said:

I thought they just said Philly controls their own destiny if they win out? Eagles still seem likely to win the division and a split between these teams always seemed the most rationale and realistic take. Dallas finally got a win against a good team who is in a slump while coming off 10 days rest. Congrats. You won your Superbowl. I am not sure much changed, other than it seems like a really weak year around the league so I guess that could give Cowboys fans hope. 

My post didn’t have anything to do with whether or not your team will win the division. Right now they lost the lead to Dallas, with Dallas outright embarrassing them and looking significantly better. You’ve all been extremely dismissive of Dallas all year. You’ve all acted like they’re undeserving, not in your team’s league, etc.

And now you just want to call it a weak year because your team has been getting embarrassed in back to back weeks. We don’t need to continuously move the goal posts to avoid giving any semblance of credit. It’s not like Dallas barely managed a win.. they absolutely dominated your team. That dominance has been par for the course for them season. 

9 minutes ago, NoFlyZone said:

I think the fraudulent moniker centers around their inability to do anything significant when it matters most. 

With that said, a definite thorough enough win at home for sure. Eagles had plenty of their own bullets hit their own feet. Don’t know if I’ve seen them be that self destructive in recent history. At least double digit penalties, 3 fumbles deep in Cowboy territory and very unusual drops. So, as much as I’d like to give Dallas their credit, we played absolutely dreadful. Tough for me to hand over the keys to the division when I know that game was very flukey, even given how bad we’ve played as of late. But hats off to them. They’re putting together their best football currently. I think we all knew PHL, DAL and SF were the cream of the conference going into the season and I don’t think that’s changed. I don’t foresee anything odd enough happening that that changes. All teams take care of business and it’ll be a three team payoff this year, as most predicted. 

On 12/3/2023 at 8:06 PM, downundermike said:

Beat a team with a winning record and then get back to me.

And if you wanna play the they only don't have a winning record because of us game, then we have beaten the Chiefs, Dolphins, Bills, Vikings, Rams, Cowboys.  More than half of our wins.

I’m getting back to you, per your request. Obviously last week should have counted as well, but since you were dismissive of that I can only work with Dallas now absolutely dismantling your team on SNF even while not necessarily playing their best game. Your thoughts? 

The excuse was that Dallas was only dominating because of subpar competition.. but now your team followed suit and got the same treatment despite being the #1 seed in the NFC at the time. What gives?

On 12/3/2023 at 6:47 PM, Broadway Joe said:

But I mean, you've never even mentioned why the Cowboys were in position to steal the game.

My point is how ridiculous that argument you are trying to make is and also going on crusades in the Eagles forum and NFL Gen to have people give your favorite team their flowers is. 

Never went on any crusades, I was just making a case for an actual rational take. Clearly I wasn’t being ridiculous about any of my takes, and that was showcased tonight. Your team won a very close match up (could have gone either way) in Philly against a Cowboys team that has continued to improve. They proceeded to get blown out in Arlington, which I sort of figured would happen. 

None of this is to gloat.. but more so to highlight the ridiculousness of how dismissive the majority of you have been for no good reason at all. Obviously Dallas is a legit contender and as much a SB threat as anyone in the NFC (or the entire NFL for that matter). 

*Crickets*

If the score had been reversed you guys would be posting “where NFZ at? Of course he wouldn’t show lmaoooooo what a sorry clown” 

All of 15 mins after the game ended. 

I just feel that yesterday’s results would perhaps rectify some of highly questionable takes that have shockingly materialized here over the last several months. You know.. since you were all so certain of the fact that Dallas was a pretender incapable of hanging with the big boys and beating a team with a winning record.. let alone dominating them. 

I'm not sure I'd count on the Eagles fumbling the ball every time they get to the red zone if they played again. Feels like the Eagles beat themselves more than the Cowboys dominated them. Do you really want kudos this badly because the Cowboys beat a good team for the first time in a year? You are setting the bar quite low.