πŸ¦…πŸ€  NFC East πŸ€·β€β™‚οΈπŸ†˜ | Celebrating the Cowboys' 28 Years of Sadness

Phire

7 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

I wouldn’t put Donald that high, he’s well in the discussion for IDL top 5, but top 5 all defense is too far personally.

He's tied for the 5th most 1st team all-pro teams regardless of position all-time.Β  It's not a stretch to start talking about him as a top 5 defender of all time.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CasperX22 said:

He's tied for the 5th most 1st team all-pro teams regardless of position all-time.Β  It's not a stretch to start talking about him as a top 5 defender of all time.

Seems a bit rich to me

But I acknowledge we were the one fan base that never saw him at his best.

Would have to sit down and sift through the modern era, he’s still an incredible player regardless. And if Carter is even 60% the player we’ll all be pretty happy

Sadly I agreed with MK. We can assume, we can projectΒ  towards the future. He's not the best or even 3rd best IDL in the NFCE!Β  Period!!!!Β 

Please don't argue otherwise, "until" the completion of the 2024 season assuming of course, Jalen Carter is completely healthy and plays 17-20gms+.

If he does, I do not believe a argument or discussion at "that point" needs to be had!!!! Guess we'll see??

Edited by Nabbs4u
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

Sadly I agreed with MK. We can assume, we can projectΒ  towards the future. He's not the best or even 3rd best IDL in the NFCE!Β  Period!!!!Β 

Please don't argue otherwise, "until" the completion of the 2024 season assuming of course, Jalen Carter is completely healthy and plays 17-20gms+.

If he does, I do not believe a argument or discussion at "that point" needs to be had!!!! Guess we'll see??

Except he already posted more sacks as a rookie than all of those guys as a rookie in about 60% of the snaps and was a good run defender.Β  Lawrence is as good of a run defender as they come and one of the best IDL in the entire league let alone division, so he deserves his flowers.Β  Allen and Payne though? They flat out stunk against the run last year and couldnt match Carter's sack numbers with about 400 more snaps.Β  It's ridiculous to suggest that he is clearly behind those guys.

• Like 1

Who do you think can throw a ball farther? Hurts or Daniels? And how many yards wins that competition? 55?

Has JD supplanted Hurts as the weakest armed QB in the division? Or is it basically a tie?

Dak probably edges out what's his face that starts for the Giants for the strongest arm in the division. No joke I can't think of the Giants starting QB's name right now.Β 

Edited by Jeezla

11 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

Who do you think can throw a ball farther? Hurts or Daniels? And how many yards wins that competition? 55?

Has JD supplanted Hurts as the weakest armed QB in the division? Or is it basically a tie?

Dak probably edges out what's his face that starts for the Giants for the strongest arm in the division. No joke I can't think of the Giants starting QB's name right now.Β 

I mean literally every QB NFL or college can throw a fly route 50+ yards in the air.Β  Literally one of the easiest throws a QB can make.Β Β 

4 minutes ago, CasperX22 said:

I mean literally every QB NFL or college can throw a fly route 50+ yards in the air.Β  Literally one of the easiest throws a QB can make.Β Β 

yup, but they can't all throw it 60+. Dak and Daniel Jones could, but Hurts and Daniels can't. Neither can Pickett. Or Minshew. Sam Howell could.

Edited by Jeezla

19 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

My understanding is that Daniels has a pretty accurate deep ball but doesn't have a cannon. I don't think any of the NFCE QBs are dealing with a noodle arm or anything. All of them have enough arm strength to make any throw.Β 

4 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

My understanding is that Daniels has a pretty accurate deep ball but doesn't have a cannon. I don't think any of the NFCE QBs are dealing with a noodle arm or anything. All of them have enough arm strength to make any throw.Β 

Hurts throwing a deep out does not look the same as Dak throwing a deep out. The ball takes a half second longer to get to it's intended target, even if it's getting there accurately. Hurts and Daniels have enough arm strength to make any throw 50 yards and under, but if they HAD to throw a ball 60+ yards, I don't think they could do it, where as Dak and Jones could potentially hail mary that thing 65 air yards.

Edited by Jeezla

1 minute ago, Jeezla said:

Hurts throwing a deep out does not look the same as Dak throwing a deep out. The ball takes a half second longer to get to it's intended target, even if it's getting there accurately.Β 

That's fair. I don't think we will know about Daniel's arm till we see him going against NFL defenders on Sundays.Β 

8 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

That's fair. I don't think we will know about Daniel's arm till we see him going against NFL defenders on Sundays.Β 

He has a lot of college tape. You can make a pretty educated guess. We didn't need to see Josh Allen against NFL defenders to know he had a great arm. You just had to watch him play nobodies at Wyoming, and it was still apparent. Kenny Pickett, same thing. Didn't need to see him against NFL defenses to know his arm was pretty damn weak. It was obvious just watching him at Pitt. Jayden Daniels has a better arm than Kenny Pickett, but it's still on the weaker side. His throwing power on Madden in the years to come will likely be around 86/87, just like Hurts.

Edited by Jeezla

1 minute ago, Jeezla said:

He has a lot of college tape. You can make a pretty educated guess. We didn't need to see Josh Allen against NFL defenders to know he had a great arm. You just had to watch him play nobodies at Wyoming, and it was still apparent.

Ya he definitely doesn't have a Josh Allen arm. If I were to guess I would put him middle of the pack to slightly below average arm strength amongst current NFL starters. He offsets that with good anticipation and accuracy on deep throws though.Β 

7 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

Ya he definitely doesn't have a Josh Allen arm. If I were to guess I would put him middle of the pack to slightly below average arm strength amongst current NFL starters. He offsets that with good anticipation and accuracy on deep throws though.Β 

Yea, but I'm not asking about accuracy or timing. I'm just asking who can throw a ball farther.
Put them on the goal line, have them throw the ball as far as they can, who do you think wins?Β 
Hurts or Jayden?

Edited by Jeezla

6 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

Yea, but I'm not asking about accuracy or timing. I'm just asking who can throw a ball farther.
Put them on the goal line, have them throw the ball as far as they can, who do you think wins?Β 
Hurts or Jayden?

I would think they would be very similar. Maybe Hurts wins it because he's been in an NFL conditioning program for a couple of years.Β