🦅🤠 NFC East 🤷‍♂️🆘 | Celebrating the Cowboys' 28 Years of Sadness

Phire

1 minute ago, Matts4313 said:

You were literally the only team in the NFL to do so much due diligence that they called the police. Either way, RMIB went there first. If he is going to link us to criminals, he should look in the mirror. You guys were actually looking into him and your team has had more team arrest this millennium. 

To be fair the Cowboys have a far bigger history signing/having players with character concerns that we do, I wouldn´t get defensive about it is what it is. Probably weren´t interested in him because you already have the best LB trio in the NFL. But Jerry has shown he is willing to take those players if it makes the team better.

3 minutes ago, Broadway Joe said:

Cowboys have a far bigger history signing/having players with character concerns that we do

Do we? A "Far Bigger"? Since Garrett the only two that I can think of are McClain and Hardy, and both of them were on game to game contracts that could be cut at any point. And both were cut when they started showing signs of dysfunction. 

And Jerry doesnt 'sign people' anymore. His role is extremely limited. 

Edited by Matts4313

5 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Do we? A "Far Bigger"? Since Garrett the only two that I can think of are McClain and Hardy, and both of them were on game to game contracts that could be cut at any point. And both were cut when they started showing signs of dysfunction. 

And Jerry doesnt 'sign people' anymore. His role is extremely limited. 

Yes you do as a franchise. You may not do it that much in the Garrett era but you can´t just dismiss the other instances.

Just now, MKnight82 said:

tenor.gif?itemid=3527785

Why is this so complicated for you (and a couple others) to understand? Is it because you are brainwashed by Redskin propaganda? 

Just look at the facts:

Jerry didnt want to cut Dez or TO. Jason cut both of them.

Jerry wasnt even in the country to start FA; he also had nothing to do with the Cooper trade. S Jones handled it.

Jerry wanted Manziel. Will McClay runs our drafts though.

I can go on and on. Jones is the spokes person, marketing guy, builder of incredible facilities. He is not the day to day GM of our team. And hasnt been for years.

1 minute ago, Broadway Joe said:

Yes you do as a franchise. You may not do it that much in the Garrett era but you can´t just dismiss the other instances.

How far back are you trying to go? Its been since the early 90's that we had a bunch of 'bad boys'. 

I mean, should we talk about how racist the Redskins are? They were staunchly against black people playing in the NFL 50 years ago. 

Or that your team only wins by placing bounties on players? 

Or that the Giants can only win when 1/2 their team is doing rails of coke in the locker room? 

5 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Why is this so complicated for you (and a couple others) to understand? Is it because you are brainwashed by Redskin propaganda? 

Just look at the facts:

Jerry didnt want to cut Dez or TO. Jason cut both of them.

Jerry wasnt even in the country to start FA; he also had nothing to do with the Cooper trade. S Jones handled it.

Jerry wanted Manziel. Will McClay runs our drafts though.

I can go on and on. Jones is the spokes person, marketing guy, builder of incredible facilities. He is not the day to day GM of our team. And hasnt been for years.

c7f0a0d56b1fc7ec113b519b8b968cad.gif

1 minute ago, MKnight82 said:

c7f0a0d56b1fc7ec113b519b8b968cad.gif

Its always easy to tell when you have no logic or facts to back your position. You post gifs (like now) or simple "your wrong" responses (like the Taylor argument). 

And I cant debate someone who has no logic or facts. So I will accept my victory and bow out. Looking forward to your next useless gif/comment. 

2 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

How far back are you trying to go? Its been since the early 90's that we had a bunch of 'bad boys'. 

I mean, should we talk about how racist the Redskins are? They were staunchly against black people playing in the NFL 50 years ago. 

Or that your team only wins by placing bounties on players? 

Or that the Giants can only win when 1/2 their team is doing rails of coke in the locker room? 

Feel free to do so, but saying we only do when we put bounties on players is an exaggeration if I ever read one. I guess we should do that every week instead of every other week, to see if our record improves.

2 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

My friend, that was the entire point. Just like its a huge exaggeration to say the Cowboys have an affinity for convicts. Its simply not true. 

I didn´t say for convicts but definitely for talented players with character concerns. T.O. Tank Johnson, Pacman Jones, Dez Bryant, Greg Hardy, Rolando McClain, Jourdan Lewis are the ones that come to mind. 

7 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Its always easy to tell when you have no logic or facts to back your position. You post gifs (like now) or simple "your wrong" responses (like the Taylor argument). 

And I cant debate someone who has no logic or facts. So I will accept my victory and bow out. Looking forward to your next useless gif/comment. 

Ok first of all, I'm messing with you with the gifs.  I really don't care who's in charge of the Cowboys, because they're failing.  

Second, I didn't respond to your Sean Taylor posts because you've obviously already made up your mind and we just don't see eye to eye on it.  I watched every game of Taylor's career, I doubt you did.  You can have whatever opinion you want of Taylor, I really don't care.  

2 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

I really don't care who's in charge of the Cowboys, because they're failing.

"failing"

We have the second best record in the NFL since drafting Dak. We are one of the 3 (?) youngest teams in the NFL. We are about to win the division twice in 3 years. We have like $70M in cap space next year with every starter but 1 under contract (and 45 of 53 locked up). Our drafting has been on a huge upswing + we are going to be able to afford some quality FAs (ET3!!).

There is no doubting we need to win a bowl or its all futile. We need a new OC for sure. It turns out Garrett has already contemplated firing Linehan twice this year; so we will probably rectify that by next year. 

inb4 'yeah but Dak'

27 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

We are about to win the division twice in 3 years

You are?

28 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

We have like $70M in cap space next year with every starter but 1 under contract (and 45 of 53 locked up)

Tons of teams have cap space.

28 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Our drafting has been on a huge upswing + we are going to be able to afford some quality FAs (ET3!!).

Debatable.  The team has spent a ton of high picks on the Oline, which has looked rather poor at times this year.  Dallas spent a top 5 pick on a RB.  I don't care if he's good or not, a RB is not worth that high of a pick.  They've assembled some quality players on their front 7, including D Lawrence and solid good LBers.  But the secondary is still very questionable, even after spending several picks on CBs lately.  

30 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

There is no doubting we need to win a bowl or its all futile.

Correct.  Try winning a playoff game first.  Until then your FO has been mediocre at best.  

30 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

We need a new OC for sure. It turns out Garrett has already contemplated firing Linehan twice this year; so we will probably rectify that by next year. 

Garrett is not a good Head Coach.  I'm a firm believer that Dallas will never accomplish anything with him as their coach.  

31 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

inb4 'yeah but Dak'

I'm also not a believer in Dak, I see him as a game manager at best.  I would be absolutely thrilled if Dallas gives him an extension.  

15 hours ago, Jroc04 said:

Because if he shakes the accusations or is deemed innocent then it’s a homerun move. If not, they have the ability to wait it out and release him once he’s proven guilty. It’s a bit scumbaggy and desperate but it’s not unlike what we’ve seen from Dallas previously. 

1. There are a lot of allegations surrounding him in the year and a half plus. Shaking the allegations doesn't seem to matter if he cannot avoid being in these situations in the first place.
  2. Given some of the comments from the 49ers fans, he has not looked good this season. So it may not even be a homerun move.
  3. Even if he shakes the accusations/deemed innocent AND has the talent, he isn't helping this year. So why pick up the PR poison? Just to maintain his 5th year option in a couple years time?!