The Division 2

kingseanjohn

1 hour ago, Knowledge said:

Likely will end up being trash just like the first one. 

Theyre already catering to casuals in the Dark Zone for this game which is never a good thing 

Catering to casuals how? Taking away skill from pvp or giving everybody good gear for less effort?

1 hour ago, TXsteeler said:

Catering to casuals how? Taking away skill from pvp or giving everybody good gear for less effort?

Its this quote here that got me suspect 

Simply put, while the gear you've acquired will still confer some advantage, most of the base stats are squished in a way that will level competition. This is to make the Dark Zone seem less forbidding for those who venture into it less frequently.

17 hours ago, Knowledge said:

Its this quote here that got me suspect 

So they are making it more skill based? Doesn't sound like it's catering to casuals to me, sounds like its making it so a good player can still compete with scrubs who play 40+ hours a week.

5 hours ago, TXsteeler said:

So they are making it more skill based? Doesn't sound like it's catering to casuals to me, sounds like its making it so a good player can still compete with scrubs who play 40+ hours a week.

That's what I took from it as well. In skirmish, all gear is leveled to be the same. So someone going in with 206 gear will be similar to someone with 290. At this point it comes down to personal skill rather than who did more grinding for gear.

I'm definitely curious if all three DZs will be like that.

11 minutes ago, kingseanjohn said:

That's what I took from it as well. In skirmish, all gear is leveled to be the same. So someone going in with 206 gear will be similar to someone with 290. At this point it comes down to personal skill rather than who did more grinding for gear.

I'm definitely curious if all three DZs will be like that.

Whats the point of having a gear grinding game to then go ahead a nerf the gear. The three dark zones will be normalized and occasionally a Occupied Dark Zone will happen that is timed where the gear isnt nerfed. It should be the other way around

15 hours ago, Knowledge said:

Whats the point of having a gear grinding game to then go ahead a nerf the gear.

There's never been a good pvp game that focusing on gear disparity rather than skill disparity because that can't exist.

Gear grinds are for pve and for aesthetics, any games that involve it heavily in pvp have been failures compared to games with skill based pvp.

6 hours ago, TXsteeler said:

There's never been a good pvp game that focusing on gear disparity rather than skill disparity because that can't exist.

Gear grinds are for pve and for aesthetics, any games that involve it heavily in pvp have been failures compared to games with skill based pvp.

If they want skill based pvp they can play the conflict mode. I understand it but I think they went too extreme with it

On 1/29/2019 at 8:09 AM, TXsteeler said:

Was the dark zone not the best/only way to keep progressing late game?

I can speak on the release and the first few months of the game... there was no way to keep progressing end game. It was a broken mess. We (group of 4) would spend hours in the Dark Zone and we would be lucky if even one of us got an exotic drop. It was ridiculous. It definitely improved as I returned briefly after the 1.8 patch, but it was almost an entirely different game I was so lost to all the different gear sets and what not. Hopefully they learned from their mistakes.

The 8 man raids sound interesting.  I enjoyed the first one.  It didn't have the lasting power early on but the story was great, the group raids were a blast, and the DZ was fun for a little while but got grindy.  Overall I got plenty of use out of it for my $60. 

Same with Destiny 1 and 2. 

All of them struggle to make the best gear come from the raids/tougher events.  In Destiny's case the raid gear is all trash aside from the 1000 voices but its still a fun raid. 

I've been in the private beta all weekend.  The game seems fun to me.  I don't have enough knowledge of the first game to compare the two, but I'm seeing a lot of stuff from vets of the series who hate a lot of things about this game from playing the private beta.  Several people, who I know love this series, have told me to wait 6 months for them to fix all the problems until I buy it.  I'm kind of inclined to listen to them.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived