Redskins offering 2-for-1 club seats to ex-ticket holders

naptownskinsfan

12 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

What's worse, working in Wizards ticket sales or Redskins ticket sales?

With the Porter deal, the needle is tipping towards the Wizards sales office being the worse gig right now. Should Beal be dealt as well (non-trivial chance at that), a suicide watch may be required for those at the CapiterizonOne CentArena (or whatever they're calling it these days).

(still not as bad as "Jiffy Lube Live")

On 2/6/2019 at 8:39 PM, Woz said:

With the Porter deal, the needle is tipping towards the Wizards sales office being the worse gig right now. Should Beal be dealt as well (non-trivial chance at that), a suicide watch may be required for those at the CapiterizonOne CentArena (or whatever they're calling it these days).

Uh .... the Porter deal is a win for the front office. That was a dumb deal when they did it. That they're getting out of it is a success. Don't get me wrong, Grunfeld is awful, but that trade makes the team better of, long term. You can't give a bench player 26 million a year.

On 2/6/2019 at 8:39 PM, Woz said:

Huh? They have Beal to promote! Beal is been averaging near 30 ppg since Wall go hurt. That’s fine, they can use him as their promotion tool.

On 2/14/2019 at 12:05 PM, Slateman said:

Uh .... the Porter deal is a win for the front office. That was a dumb deal when they did it. That they're getting out of it is a success. Don't get me wrong, Grunfeld is awful, but that trade makes the team better of, long term. You can't give a bench player 26 million a year.

At the time I wrote it, I was expecting them to do a full on tank job and clear everyone. Having Beal means they can still market one player. However, given the likelihood that the two guys they got in the deal are going to be gone by June, there's not a whole lot left to hang their hat on.

On 2/14/2019 at 12:05 PM, Slateman said:

Not if they turn around and blow that money on subpar players like Parker and Portis.

On 1/22/2019 at 1:18 PM, Woz said:

If he is truly a fan like he claims, he would sell in a heartbeat after witnessing the Eagles take over FedEx because the fanbase is done with him.

Wow, that's a truly sad state of affairs.  It's bad enough when you have a GM or a coach who isn't any good, but at least then you can just wait until he inevitably gets canned.  When it's the owner, it's probably going to be a long wait.  Sorry it has gotten to that point for Redskins fans.  

16 hours ago, Woz said:

At the time I wrote it, I was expecting them to do a full on tank job and clear everyone. Having Beal means they can still market one player. However, given the likelihood that the two guys they got in the deal are going to be gone by June, there's not a whole lot left to hang their hat on.

Getting out from under the Porter deal is hanging your hat on something. In fact, getting out of bad contracts is all Grunfeld has to hang his hat on.

This team's front office sucks! 2 for 1 deal! Next season the stands will be 1/2 filled at best with most being fans for the opposing team. Maybe when Snyder sees that his nearly empty stadium he might finally fire Allan and hire a real GM to run the team. All three locallies will not pony up any money for his new stadium either. What am I saying?! Snyder is running this team to the ground. We are the new Cleveland Browns of the NFL. The laughing stock of how a team is runned and managed. No one is going to want to work for this team who is worth anything. How many former employees (front office, coaches and players) have left here for greater things? Sell the team!

11 hours ago, Uncle Buck said:

Wow, that's a truly sad state of affairs.  It's bad enough when you have a GM or a coach who isn't any good, but at least then you can just wait until he inevitably gets canned.  When it's the owner, it's probably going to be a long wait.  Sorry it has gotten to that point for Redskins fans.  

@Thaiphoon and I have already made a sad peace with the fact that we'll probably be retired (if not dead) before Snyder is no longer the owner.

We essentially have end-of-life Al Davis in terms of quality of ownership in the body of Al Davis moving-team-to-LA (54) minus any of the success Al Davis ever had.

10 hours ago, Slateman said:

Getting out from under the Porter deal is hanging your hat on something. In fact, getting out of bad contracts is all Grunfeld has to hang his hat on.

As I have said many times before, Grunfeld is a quite adept at papering over his own mistakes. Unfortunately that requires him to borrow from the future to fix the now and thus perpetuates the failures.

4 hours ago, Woz said:

@Thaiphoon and I have already made a sad peace with the fact that we'll probably be retired (if not dead) before Snyder is no longer the owner.

With my luck it will be the latter.

We essentially have end-of-life Al Davis in terms of quality of ownership in the body of Al Davis moving-team-to-LA (54) minus any of the success Al Davis ever had.

Man, this seriously is the most accurate "5,000 foot" description of Dan Snyder that I think has ever been written. It literally checks off the boxes.

On 2/22/2019 at 6:01 AM, Uncle Buck said:

Gotten to that point? It’s been 20 years 

Archived