NBA MVP Race Thread

the lone star

lol I literally just saw this...combine that tweet where it shows him twice armbarring the defender with push offs and then this ****...

https://streamable.com/vh1v1?fbclid=IwAR2wXg_vdbisuuEy6iQfrn1u0bqYI6-cR64N4GuxlTkszhERMz0oQfBuFSI

...it's no wonder you can't "guard" him. It's because you're literally not allowed to guard the man. 

#NotMyMVP
#Zebras

11 hours ago, beekay414 said:

USG doesn't always indicate value though. That's what people are getting clouded by. Harden's USG rate is the 2nd highest of all-time right now so, naturally, the volume numbers are going to come. People that said Westbrook wasn't MVP in 2016-2017 have no room to say Harden is the MVP now considering Westbrook put up a 30/10/10 triple double line on the highest USG rate ever (41.65) which is the only player ahead of current Harden all-time and only lead his team to 47 wins (which is exactly the pace Harden's Rockets are on).

So which is it? Harden's MVP now and Westbrook deserved it in 2016-17 or neither were/are MVP?

Nobody, huh? Interesting.

On 1/24/2019 at 8:10 AM, seminoles1 said:

Better record
Better defender
Higher TS%
More WS/48

I mean, they both have arguments.  James Harden definitely has better box score numbers and an astronomical usage rate.  I mean if that's your argument then you must agree that Westbrook deserved MVP in 2017, yeah?

defense sure wasnt a thing last year when harden won it huh?  harden hasnt even bad bad defensively this season if you actually watch him which it's clear you havent.  that shouldnt be the reason greek freak wins mvp.  you are seeing first hand what harden is doing right now carrying scrubs.  bucks would still be a playoff team in the weak east without greek freak. what we are seeing with harden right now we havent seen in the nba in a LONG time.  if harden isnt doing this the rockets would be on the outside looking in as far as playoff seedings are concerned.

18 hours ago, beekay414 said:

USG doesn't always indicate value though. That's what people are getting clouded by. Harden's USG rate is the 2nd highest of all-time right now so, naturally, the volume numbers are going to come. People that said Westbrook wasn't MVP in 2016-2017 have no room to say Harden is the MVP now considering Westbrook put up a 30/10/10 triple double line on the highest USG rate ever (41.65) which is the only player ahead of current Harden all-time and only lead his team to 47 wins (which is exactly the pace Harden's Rockets are on).

So which is it? Harden's MVP now and Westbrook deserved it in 2016-17 or neither were/are MVP?

This is a very fair point honestly lol. 

35 minutes ago, Texansfan713 said:

defense sure wasnt a thing last year when harden won it huh?  harden hasnt even bad bad defensively this season if you actually watch him which it's clear you havent.  that shouldnt be the reason greek freak wins mvp.  you are seeing first hand what harden is doing right now carrying scrubs.  bucks would still be a playoff team in the weak east without greek freak. what we are seeing with harden right now we havent seen in the nba in a LONG time.  if harden isnt doing this the rockets would be on the outside looking in as far as playoff seedings are concerned.

There wasn't a contender last year besides Harden; he ran away with it deservingly. That's not the case this season, so don't act like because something wasn't a factor 1 year doesn't mean it shouldn't be a factor a different year.

I mean...prove the Bucks would be a playoff team without Giannis. Even if they did still manage to squeak in, they'd be losing all hope of winning a single playoff game. Value is more than just playoff team vs. non-playoff team.

1 minute ago, seminoles1 said:

There wasn't a contender last year besides Harden; he ran away with it deservingly. That's not the case this season, so don't act like because something wasn't a factor 1 year doesn't mean it shouldn't be a factor a different year.

I mean...prove the Bucks would be a playoff team without Giannis. Even if they did still manage to squeak in, they'd be losing all hope of winning a single playoff game. Value is more than just playoff team vs. non-playoff team.

west once again is tougher than the east.  bucks have been healthy mostly all season and have a deeper roster than the rockets.  also you and others need to stop using that stupid narrative that harden plays defense.  he has actually been pretty decent this season.  he even shut down kawhi on the last posession of friday's night game on a potential GW shot. 

24 minutes ago, Texansfan713 said:

if you think harden's efficiency this season isnt better than westbrook's the year he won mvp then you need to stop watching basketball.

Are you an idiot or something? Real talk?

you just posted the TS%, and I ask because Hardens is better it means their seasons aren’t comparable?  But then you do the idiotic of things completely twisting what I said.

1 minute ago, Kip Smithers said:

Are you an idiot or something? Real talk?

you just posted the TS%, and I ask because Hardens is better it means their seasons aren’t comparable?  But then you do the idiotic of things completely twisting what I said.

are you retarded or something?  real talk?

i was using that pic as one indicator as to why you cant compare harden this season to westbrook's mvp season.  if you think there is a comparison you need to stop talking basketball and deactivate your account.

20 minutes ago, Texansfan713 said:

are you retarded or something?  real talk?

i was using that pic as one indicator as to why you cant compare harden this season to westbrook's mvp season.  if you think there is a comparison you need to stop talking basketball and deactivate your account.

And what other indicators are there? Please enlighten me...

1 hour ago, Texansfan713 said:

west once again is tougher than the east.  bucks have been healthy mostly all season and have a deeper roster than the rockets.  also you and others need to stop using that stupid narrative that harden plays defense.  he has actually been pretty decent this season.  he even shut down kawhi on the last posession of friday's night game on a potential GW shot. 

I agree.  That's a plus for Harden, but dropping from middling playoff seed to out of the playoffs isn't necessarily a bigger dropoff than best record in the league and contender to 8th seed.

Even if Harden has improved on defense, he isn't even close to the impact defender that Giannis has become...thus that being an advantage for Giannis.

If you think one single indicator is a reason why season's aren't comparable on an overall scale, yeah, you should probably "deactivate your account," which is funny coming from someone that literally said they would if a certain thing happened LOL. You're a gold mine, my man.

I'm shocked you completely missed the point. Same win pace and extremely high usage. If you feel Westbrook wasn't MVP in 2016-17, you can't say the same thing for Harden here for the exact same reasons. Oh, and the West was tougher then than it is now.

1 hour ago, seminoles1 said:

I agree.  That's a plus for Harden, but dropping from middling playoff seed to out of the playoffs isn't necessarily a bigger dropoff than best record in the league and contender to 8th seed.

Even if Harden has improved on defense, he isn't even close to the impact defender that Giannis has become...thus that being an advantage for Giannis.

too bad defense isnt the main indicator to determine MVP.  Harden's elite and exceptional offense outweighs what he does on defense.

Archived