NBA MVP Race Thread

the lone star

Harden and Giannis are the clear 1 and 2. The next couple weeks will either win it or lose it for Harden IMO. He's going to put up numbers regardless, so keeping Houston afloat without CP3 and Capella would seal it. If they struggle and fall in the standings, then Giannis will pull away a little bit.

1. Giannis

2. Harden

3. Jokic 

I want to put one or both of the Warriors above Jokic but it just feels wrong having 3/4 both be on the same team. That's why those two aren't gonna win MVPs in this era. Kawhi has been sitting out games and the team still wins. PG I guess is a notable inclusion for now. 

2 hours ago, champ11 said:

1. Giannis

2. Harden

3. Jokic 

I want to put one or both of the Warriors above Jokic but it just feels wrong having 3/4 both be on the same team. That's why those two aren't gonna win MVPs in this era. Kawhi has been sitting out games and the team still wins. PG I guess is a notable inclusion for now. 

That disrespect towards Steph doe!!!!!

8 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

That disrespect towards Steph doe!!!!!

Does he have a stronger case than Durant? Honestly haven't looked into it. Fine with Steph 3, Durant 4, Jokic 5. I think it's a 2 man race rn but one of the Warriors could make a push since they are back on track 

4 minutes ago, champ11 said:

Does he have a stronger case than Durant? Honestly haven't looked into it. Fine with Steph 3, Durant 4, Jokic 5. I think it's a 2 man race rn but one of the Warriors could make a push since they are back on track 

Shooting 45% from down town while taking 12 3s per game gives you a stronger case than Durant iyam. 

This is one of those crazy years where theres so many great players having huge years. Really hard to narrow it down even though right now Harden has to be number one based on this last ridiculous stretch. The game against the Sixers was really eye opening how that team is literally Harden and God knows what without CP3

24 minutes ago, EaglesFan5-36-81 said:

This is one of those crazy years where theres so many great players having huge years. Really hard to narrow it down even though right now Harden has to be number one based on this last ridiculous stretch. The game against the Sixers was really eye opening how that team is literally Harden and God knows what without CP3

And without Capela. Would help if Gordon could play at last year's form, but yeah right now it is the truest definition of a one man show as there can be. 

10 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

And without Capela. Would help if Gordon could play at last year's form, but yeah right now it is the truest definition of a one man show as there can be. 

Completely spaced on Caplea but man he was impressive before the injury. EG was garbage versus the Sixers and the only other guys in double figures pretty much got theirs in garbage time. 

Archived