Who's more responsible for the Patriots success, Brady or Belichick?

DigInBoys

Who's the bigger reason for the Patriots success?  

103 members have voted

1. 1. Who's the bigger reason for the Patriots success?

• Brady
    • Belichick

Rodgers is finished if Packers fail to find another Jordy Nelson for him.

Jimmy Graham is wasting his career with running QB.

Go create a table of 3 colums, the first colum is the list of his WR, 2nd is the height, and 3rd is their 40 yard time.

Gronk would be too slow to be a playmaker under Rodgers.

9 minutes ago, Kay z said:

3 of his 6 wins? Wow impressive

way better than brady!

Not saying he’s better than Brady.  I’m pointing out that since you don’t think he has game winnings drives outside Hail Marys, you probably don’t have an accurate view on the subject.

We'll never know for sure but I believe they are better together than they are separately.   BB didn't win much before he had Brady as his QB.  His W/L record before he came to NE wasn't anything to write home about.  Why was Brady a 6th round pick instead of first day pick?  His physical measurables before the draft were not all that great.   Of course they can't measure a man's heart and desire at the combine.  I know of another QB with 5 rings who was an afterthought before he was coached by another HC considered one of the greatest of all time.  Once Lombardi left GB Starr was never the player he was before. 

It is both,  but give credit to 52  other guys ready to step up and an owner  who wants to win. 

To win, a team must have a long term plan, and an owner GM and Coach who are all on the same page.  The Patriots, my rivals, did away with the GM and placed a man who is an absolute genius when it comes to football on the sidelines and gave him run of the team.  And it has worked. 

The First thing I noticed about this team when they started winning long ago was that the talent on the bench equated with that on the field.  If a player got hurt, or tired, another was ready to come in with the same skill set and the same knowledge of the game plan. The team would not have a weak point, and would move seamlessly. If a player was not up to par, he was replaced  with  one who was.  

The Patriots coach once said that he drafts players based on whether he seems like the kind of athlete that he would like to coach.  I think he means  someone who will learn and adapt to the Patriot Way

I think he has a gameplan  and sticks to it. 

If Tom Brady left, there are 52 guys that can still win games. 

Granted Brady is a great QB.  HOF  for certain. But he was a 199th Pick in the 6th round.  

SO if Belechick were to draft a QB in the 6th round, rest assured that the next Tom Brady is being groomed already. Who knows, he could make Kyle Shurmer of Vandy into the Next QB hall of Famer with 5 rings if he wanted to. 

I think it is more likely BB has similar success over the same period with a replacement qb than Brady with a replacement head coach.  

Brady was still a perfect storm of a qb prospect.  Undeveloped talent, overlooked, good size just out of shape.  He had a burning fire to prove himself, yet was also humbled after the draft process.  

I think he wins a few rings if he gets drafted by a strong org at the time like Pitt, Balt, NYG, PHI etc. as long as he was given a similar opportunity to play.  

Then the question of how much credit does BB deserve for finding him and trusting him over Bledsoe comes up.

11 minutes ago, LargeKingCat said:

It is both,  but give credit to 52  other guys ready to step up and an owner  who wants to win. 

To win, a team must have a long term plan, and an owner GM and Coach who are all on the same page.  The Patriots, my rivals, did away with the GM and placed a man who is an absolute genius when it comes to football on the sidelines and gave him run of the team.  And it has worked. 

The First thing I noticed about this team when they started winning long ago was that the talent on the bench equated with that on the field.  If a player got hurt, or tired, another was ready to come in with the same skill set and the same knowledge of the game plan. The team would not have a weak point, and would move seamlessly. If a player was not up to par, he was replaced  with  one who was.  

The Patriots coach once said that he drafts players based on whether he seems like the kind of athlete that he would like to coach.  I think he means  someone who will learn and adapt to the Patriot Way

Granted Brady is a great QB.  HOF  for certain. But he was a 199th Pick in the 6th round.  

SO if Belechick were to draft a QB in the 6th round, rest assured that the next Tom Brady is being groomed already. Who knows, he could make Kyle Shurmer of Vandy into the Next QB hall of Famer with 5 rings if he wanted to. 

No other QB could score 380 with the squad between 2001 and 2006.

In playoffs, good defense will take away your bug plays.  No other QB could score 24+ pts in playoff with few big plays.

FYI, Drew Brees scored only 330 pts in Chargers with LT, but without Gates. Brady's offense scored 415 pts in 2004 with Corey Dillion.

10 minutes ago, KellChippy said:

I think it is more likely BB has similar success over the same period with a replacement qb than Brady with a replacement head coach.  

Brady was still a perfect storm of a qb prospect.  Undeveloped talent, overlooked, good size just out of shape.  He had a burning fire to prove himself, yet was also humbled after the draft process.  

I think he wins a few rings if he gets drafted by a strong org at the time like Pitt, Balt, NYG, PHI etc. as long as he was given a similar opportunity to play.  

Then the question of how much credit does BB deserve for finding him and trusting him over Bledsoe comes up.

Do you want me to show you that Rodgers was the reason that Packers struggled, not McCarthy?

You don't know what QB talent is,.

8 minutes ago, LargeKingCat said:

SO if Belechick were to draft a QB in the 6th round, rest assured that the next Tom Brady is being groomed already. 

Except Belichick can't just take any scrub and make them great.  Garapolo was a 2nd rounder and shouldn't have dropped that low.  He was already a talented QB.  Cassel was a late rounder and seemingly did well as the Patriots went 11-5 that season... but the Patriots went 16-0 the season before and the team stayed largely intact.  Cassel was obviously better than where he was picked, but no way near Brady.  

The thing is Belichick has the ability to see a QB with great potential where other coaches and GMs can't.  Brady in his first season was the 4th string QB.  They wasted a roster spot for Brady even though Brady struggled a lot in practices and they recently sign Bledsoe to a 10 year deal.   But the problem is in the 6th round there almost is no QB that has any potential.  Brady had little of the measurables (accuracy, speed, resume (outside of comeback wins), etc), but had all the immeasurables (leadership, ice in his veins, coachable, etc).  That's really rare.  So no Belichick won't find the next Brady in the 6th round of any draft.  He's far more likely to get his franchise QB using a 1st or 2nd round pick.  But I don't see that happening unless a top tier QB falls way off the draft board.

47 minutes ago, William Lee said:

Do you want me to show you that Rodgers was the reason that Packers struggled, not McCarthy?

You don't know what QB talent is,.

Yeah, that has nothing to do with my post.  

Edit: doesn’t seem like you know much about anything 

15 minutes ago, KellChippy said:

Yeah, that has nothing to do with my post.  

Edit: doesn’t seem like you know much about anything 

Ok, I will search on YouTube, and show you a typical 'James White' move by a Packers receiver, you watch what Rodgers did.

(It is really funny that some people believe that ONLY Belichick can design plays that utilize average or undersized receivers.

Several OC sitting together and talking about how to take advantage of weak spots left by opponent defense. The first question is "wait, Belichick is not here, shall we wait?)

A reminder to you : no QB will ignore an easy pass on 3rd and 2. The only reason he doesn't throw the easy pass is that he doesn't see it.

Archived