Who's more responsible for the Patriots success, Brady or Belichick?

DigInBoys

Who's the bigger reason for the Patriots success?  

103 members have voted

1. 1. Who's the bigger reason for the Patriots success?

• Brady
    • Belichick

On 1/25/2019 at 10:31 PM, lancerman said:

Tom used to say similar stuff about Peyton. Then his emails from deflategate were leaked and we realized he didn't really think that way. 

Brady only referenced how his longevity compared to Peyton's IIRC. He said he could last 10 more years but Peyton only has a couple more years left. It doesn't contradict what he said about Peyton. Brady said Peyton was the GOAT, and he very well may believe that. Maybe, maybe not. 

1 minute ago, Marc MacGyver said:

"Both equally" as an alternative option would work. And, is likely the correct answer. 

Kind of. it's a perfect storm. It's no secret that coaching plays a bigger part in a teams overall success, most of the time, and can get the most out of all of their players. It's also no secret that a great QB can hide deficiencies in coaching. So what happens when both things happen all at once? You end up being the Patriots.

It's about the amount of responsibility though as well. Belichick obviously has more control of the team in general than Brady does so it's obvious who has been more responsible for their  success.

Just now, JustAnotherFan said:

It's about the amount of responsibility though as well. Belichick obviously has more control of the team in general than Brady does so it's obvious who has been more responsible for their  success

Lol, well there ya go. There's your answer. 

On 1/24/2019 at 12:33 PM, ET80 said:

I don't think either are capable of doing what they've done without the other, but if I had to guess, I'd go Belicheck. He went 10-6 with Matt Cassell, he laid down the groundwork for that Brown's/Ravens team.

I'd like to think that Brady would still be very good on his own, but not as good as he is now.

Ravens? Belichick had nothing to do with the Ravens run of success starting by the year 2000. I think there were only two players on that squad by the time the franchise turned around. Rob Burnett, and Matt Stover. That was at least 5 years after he was fired.

22 minutes ago, DirtyDez said:

Plot twist: Robert Kraft traded a first rd pick for a coach that was 36-44 at the time.  So who’s really responsible?

For anyone who was following the NFL at the time, how did the public generally feel about this move when it happened?

I feel like if a team traded a 1st round pick for damn near any head coach nowadays, especially one without a proven, strong track record as a HC, the media and fanbase would be all over them.

Archived