Who's more responsible for the Patriots success, Brady or Belichick?

DigInBoys

Who's the bigger reason for the Patriots success?  

103 members have voted

1. 1. Who's the bigger reason for the Patriots success?

• Brady
    • Belichick

Aaron Rodgers' offensive line is terrible.

And I still disagree with the attempt you are making to suggest that in some way shape or form Tom Brady has had nothing but mediocre Talent to play with and that he is the sole reason that any of those players have succeeded.

Of course he is a Cornerstone of that dynasty because he's a damn quarterback that has been there the entire time. It's not like you are stating some sort of Revelation the rest of us don't already know. That does not make him the most significant part of their success. I'm not saying that he isn't in my opinion Bill Belichick is but I'm just saying that the fact that he is a Cornerstone of this dynasty doesn't solely make him undeniably the most significant part of it. And again you are wrong about this whole slow and short wide receiver crap. I don't care how short Wes Welker Terry Glenn Troy Brown or Julian Edelman or every one of them were very good receivers for Tom Brady very good and very talented. Julian Edelman didn't just stumble into the MVP last night he is a damn good

34 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

Aaron Rodgers' offensive line is terrible.

Watch the video, see the trouble he caused for his O-line:

from 5:20 to 6:00, ht tps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ssVi7Kqs05w (one of the plays is typical Julian Edelmen move)
@10:05, watch WR #33 , ht tps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6gSh8IiRBZ4&t=612s (typical James White move)

BTW, he was once sacked 3 times in 10 plays when he was Favre's backup.

ht tps://madison.com/wsj/sports/football/professional/packers-offensive-line-a-major-part-of-aaron-rodgers-success/article_a8207ebd-a90a-5235-a068-e5669afd06a8.html
it was getting a little frustrating because you’d block for 7, 8 seconds and he’d scramble around and throw the ball out of bounds
The linemen joke that their job is to “block to infinity.”
In addition to the obvious challenge of protecting that long, Lang said not knowing exactly where Rodgers is creates issues, too.
“You read the defense, read their eyes, their body language, kind of tell when Aaron’s going to break the pocket, which way he’s moving,” Lang explained. “And (then) you just try to hold on, stay in front of your guy and give him a split extra second because, especially lately, you see some of our biggest, most important plays are coming off those extended plays.

15 minutes ago, Bearerofnews said:

Brady is great. But no question its Belichick.

and Belichick must be the biggest moron because in 2007, he abandoned the winning formula he found at the night of Sept, 23rd 2001, adopted a system like Peyton's offense, which led to 7 years of misery in playoff.

Is this what you mean?

6 minutes ago, William Lee said:

and Belichick must be the biggest moron because in 2007, he abandoned the winning formula he found at the night of Sept, 23rd 2001, adopted a system like Peyton's offense, which led to 7 years of misery in playoff.

Is this what you mean?

No, I think he's referring to coaching inferior teams like the 2001 team (Rams were way better), the 2014 (Seahawks were better), team, the 2016 team (Falcons had theem blown out) and the inferior 2018 team (rams were superior talent wise). Each of those PATS teams was the inferior team but he outcoached the other staff.

There is no question Beilchick is the greatest ever. Brady is doing what Manning or Brees would be doing if they were the QB of a Belichick led team.

13 minutes ago, lod01 said:

No, I think he's referring to coaching inferior teams like the 2001 team (Rams were way better), the 2014 (Seahawks were better), team, the 2016 team (Falcons had theem blown out) and the inferior 2018 team (rams were superior talent wise). Each of those PATS teams was the inferior team but he outcoached the other staff.

There is no question Beilchick is the greatest ever. Brady is doing what Manning or Brees would be doing if they were the QB of a Belichick led team.

Before Brady, Bledsoe's offense scored 276 pts in 2000 season, and some expected Belichick to be fired soon.

Since Brady took over (before 2007 season), Brady's offense consistently scored 380 pts in 16 games, with or without good defense.

If you are not impressed with 380 pts, check Rodgers offense in 2015, 368 pts without Jordy Nelson; check Steve Young's offense in 1997, 375 pts without JR but with TO.

Not mention 24+ pts in 2 SB without a great WR in playoff.

Who was responsible for that? If it was Belichick, why did he abandon the system in 2007?

If you haven't pay attention, in last 3 SB wins, Brady played exactly like he did in first 3 SB wins.

13 minutes ago, William Lee said:

Before Brady, Bledsoe's offense scored 276 pts in 2000 season, and some expected Belichick to be fired soon.

Since Brady took over (before 2007 season), Brady's offense consistently scored 380 pts in 16 games, with or without good defense.

If you are not impressed with 380 pts, check Rodgers offense in 2015, 368 pts without Jordy Nelson; check Steve Young's offense in 1997, 375 pts without JR but with TO.

Not mention 24+ pts in 2 SB without a great WR in playoff.

Who was responsible for that? If it was Belichick, why did he abandon the system in 2007?

If you haven't pay attention, in last 3 SB wins, Brady played exactly like he did in first 3 SB wins.

We're just going to have to agree to disagree. I don't think that I ever said Tom Brady's statistics were not impressive can somebody speak up if I've said that. Having said that however if you are suggesting that Tom Brady has shown no signs of decline you might want to go watch some more football. That's all I'm going to say on that matter he doesn't mean he's not still a great quarterback because he is. But you can try to sell Tom Brady as though he's done everything by himself if you really want to but it's an argument of idiocy.

1 hour ago, William Lee said:

Is this what you mean?

No i mean like adopting to any opponent and having inferior talent in place to neutralize the opponent and their strenght. The truth is Brady had 2 tds and 3 ints this post season run and they beat 3 of the 4 best teams in the league, due to their defense. 

When Belichick is out coached like last year, they lose, despite Brady having his best game.  This Year Brady has his worst SB, yet NE wins by double digits. When the other team just makes unbelievable plays, like vs Giants twice, they lose. Belichick is an insane motivator and makes avg players very good and good players great.  Its why NE can keep dumping probowlers like nothing and easily replace them. 

The game adjusted and he adjust better than anyone else. NE didnt win chips when Brady was at his best in any of his 3 MVP seasons. In fact of Brady's 6 best seasons, they only won a SB 1 time.  

NE has consistently beat vastly more talented teams and as great as Brady is, its because of the coaching clinic Belichick puts on. How can you argue that a majority of the success NE has isnt because of Belichick. 

In 08 he went 11-5 with Cassell, following year went 10-6 with Brady. Brady is more clutch than not and he seems to always make the play when need. But, so does everyone else on that team... thanks to Billy.

6 minutes ago, Bearerofnews said:

No i mean like adopting to any opponent and having inferior talent in place to neutralize the opponent and their strenght. The truth is Brady had 2 tds and 3 ints this post season run and they beat 3 of the 4 best teams in the league, due to their defense. 

When Belichick is out coached like last year, they lose, despite Brady having his best game.  This Year Brady has his worst SB, yet NE wins by double digits. When the other team just makes unbelievable plays, like vs Giants twice, they lose. Belichick is an insane motivator and makes avg players very good and good players great.  Its why NE can keep dumping probowlers like nothing and easily replace them. 

The game adjusted and he adjust better than anyone else. NE didnt win chips when Brady was at his best in any of his 3 MVP seasons. In fact of Brady's 6 best seasons, they only won a SB 1 time.  

NE has consistently beat vastly more talented teams and as great as Brady is, its because of the coaching clinic Belichick puts on. How can you argue that a majority of the success NE has isnt because of Belichick. 

In 08 he went 11-5 with Cassell, following year went 10-6 with Brady. Brady is more clutch than not and he seems to always make the play when need. But, so does everyone else on that team... thanks to Billy.

Bill b isn't just the best coach ever he's arguably the best gm ever. I mean every dang year partriots pick the back 4 at least in each round. And he always finds talent. 

I think Bill B mastered ways to get talent on the roster without A) breaking the bank cap strapping you. B) in the draft trading for picks all the time, acquiring talent at all levels of the draft edelman 7th, Gronk 2nd, Sony Michel , that line, trading a 4th for moss, trading for Welker, signing amendola, finding James White. Fully utilizing and extrapolating every inch of talent out of guys see troy brown going both ways. Knowing when to get rid of deion Branch for a first and 3rd. Not breaking the bank for malcolm butler hes been bad in Tennessee.  Letting Chandler jones while hes a great player doesn't fit long term with how they run their cap, letting jamie collins walk. 

I mean literally we can go on and on Bill B is just the greatest. 

1 hour ago, Bearerofnews said:

MVP means how good QB moves the chains and scores with big plays, which will be taken away by great defense in playoff. So it is actually not surprise at all that Pats lost in SB when Brady won MVP.

2008 season proved that without Brady, Pats were just another AFCE team, even with Moss. BTW, Jets, Bills and Phins won 19 out of 30 against non AFCE teams.The worst AFCE team in that year won 7 games.

Lost to Giants? again, ask why Belichick changed the system in 2007, in which Brady held the balls for Moss.

Did you notice that every time Belichick "upgraded" offense to make offense more vertical, Brady struggled against great defense in playoff, even in the wins (like against Chargers in 2007 playoff and against Jags in 2017 playoff)?

You think Belichick saved Brady by forcing Brady to make winning drives against Rams, against Panthers, against Giants, against Seahawks, against Falcons, against Chiefs?

19 minutes allowed 31 pts, that was his plan?

Who saved whom, huh? Whose system made offense work in playoff, Brady's or Belichick's?

Its funny everyone saying its all Belichick this year when 12 months ago it was "Brady threw for 500 yards, his offense didnt punt once, and he lost the Super Bowl because Belichick benched Butler" 

The moral of the story is they are both great and its a pointless and impossible debate tbh

Just now, mission27 said:

Its funny everyone saying its all Belichick this year when 12 months ago it was "Brady threw for 500 yards, his offense didnt punt once, and he lost the Super Bowl because Belichick benched Butler" 

The moral of the story is they are both great and its a pointless and impossible debate tbh

i suppose the argument could be made brady couldn’t win when belichick ****ed up whereas bill got it done in spite of tom looking feeble and old for the majority of the game 

Archived