NCAA/Draft Prospect Thread #WinItAll4theHAUL

Phire

Haven't been into the college football scene as much as I have, who are some of the best LT prospects coming out? Big V is a solid swing tackle but I don't see him as the long term left tackle and while I love JP he's torn his Achilles and ACL in the past 5 years and father time has to eventually catch such a big guy who relies on freakish athletic ability with two major lower body injuries. Plus with us projected to be over the cap and designating him as a post 6/1 cut would give us 8 million in savings it makes too much sense not to.

2 hours ago, EaglesFan5-36-81 said:

Haven't been into the college football scene as much as I have, who are some of the best LT prospects coming out? Big V is a solid swing tackle but I don't see him as the long term left tackle and while I love JP he's torn his Achilles and ACL in the past 5 years and father time has to eventually catch such a big guy who relies on freakish athletic ability with two major lower body injuries. Plus with us projected to be over the cap and designating him as a post 6/1 cut would give us 8 million in savings it makes too much sense not to.

It's a weak LT class with no clear cut top prospect. Chukwuma Okorafor has the best feet, but no pop in his hands. He's my top LT prospect, but I would only give him like an 85 grade. Ramcyzk would have been like a 93. Cam Robinson would have been like an 88. Tunsil would have been around 94.

I would grade Orlando Brown right now around a 92 as a RT, but 83/84 as a LT. 

We really need to just move Lane to LT. He's probably going to suck there for 3 games, then he'll be kicking butt again.

2 hours ago, Jeezla said:

It's a weak LT class with no clear cut top prospect. Chukwuma Okorafor has the best feet, but no pop in his hands. He's my top LT prospect, but I would only give him like an 85 grade. Ramcyzk would have been like a 93. Cam Robinson would have been like an 88. Tunsil would have been around 94.

I would grade Orlando Brown right now around a 92 as a RT, but 83/84 as a LT. 

We really need to just move Lane to LT. He's probably going to suck there for 3 games, then he'll be kicking butt again.

I like Connor Williams, and I think the kid from Oregon is gonna climb a bit closer towards round 1 as the process rolls along.

I've done a 180 on the Jason Peters thing. If he is healthy enough to continue and wants to continue playing he should be back. The money can be found elsewhere. 

Even with Peters back LT is a top priority. I am against, however, moving Lane. He is at his best at RT, why make 2 positions weaker? Your LT doesn't have to be the better player. It isn't a law. 

3 minutes ago, Jlash said:

I like Connor Williams, and I think the kid from Oregon is gonna climb a bit closer towards round 1 as the process rolls along.

Connor WIlliams is very jeckyl and hyde. Don't trust him, kinda like Cam Robinson. Tyrell Crosby looks like a good RT, not sure I'd trust him at LT. The West Georgia kid is intriguing, but I need to actually watch him. Brian O'Neill is a middle-class mans Ramcyck, but he could be good. I think it's a potentially great RT class, but LT is weak sauce.

25 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

I've done a 180 on the Jason Peters thing. If he is healthy enough to continue and wants to continue playing he should be back. The money can be found elsewhere. 

Even with Peters back LT is a top priority. I am against, however, moving Lane. He is at his best at RT, why make 2 positions weaker? Your LT doesn't have to be the better player. It isn't a law. 

Stop it. We don't know what Lane could be at LT. I'm assuming it would be good or great. If Tyron can do it, so can Lane. There would be an adjustment period, but by game 5 he'd be pro bowl level. Tyron Smith would be the best RT in the NFL if the Cowboys move him there, but you have your best OT protect your QB's blind side. Even Jason Garrett understands this. Peters is going to be 103 years old in OT years and coming off major injury. It's a minor miracle he played as well as he did this year at his age, because prior to Peters and Whitworth doing it, it had never been done before. Peters needs to retire unless we can 3d print him some new cartilage and tendons. Left Tackle Lane needs to begin. I would love Lane at LT and Orlando Brown or Tyrell Crosby at RT much more than any OT in this class at LT and Lane at RT. Lane would eventually be great at LT and we have hopefully 10+ years of Wentz to think about here. Lane at RT is fine, but we need to solve that LT problem real fast, and the easiest answer is Lane Johnson. It's also the best answer in my not humble opinion.

Which mid-round "lightning" RB in this draft would you like to pair with our "thunder" RB' duo of Ajayi and Clement?

We all need to admit Donell Pompoms will never be good and was a waste of a pick.

A better question would probably be "who are the mid-round "lightning" RB's in this draft?" because I've only really watched/know the top 2-3 round guys.

54 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

Stop it. We don't know what Lane could be at LT. I'm assuming it would be good or great. If Tyron can do it, so can Lane. There would be an adjustment period, but by game 5 he'd be pro bowl level. Tyron Smith would be the best RT in the NFL if the Cowboys move him there, but you have your best OT protect your QB's blind side. Even Jason Garrett understands this. Peters is going to be 103 years old in OT years and coming off major injury. It's a minor miracle he played as well as he did this year at his age, because prior to Peters and Whitworth doing it, it had never been done before. Peters needs to retire unless we can 3d print him some new cartilage and tendons. Left Tackle Lane needs to begin. I would love Lane at LT and Orlando Brown or Tyrell Crosby at RT much more than any OT in this class at LT and Lane at RT. Lane would eventually be great at LT and we have hopefully 10+ years of Wentz to think about here. Lane at RT is fine, but we need to solve that LT problem real fast, and the easiest answer is Lane Johnson. It's also the best answer in my not humble opinion.

This offseason will tell a lot about how Dougie feels about Lane at LT. If they were truly grooming him for that spot dont you think he would have moved there after JP's injury? 

1 minute ago, EaglesPeteC said:

This offseason will tell a lot about how Dougie feels about Lane at LT. If they were truly grooming him for that spot dont you think he would have moved there after JP's injury? 

I think Doug isn't perfect.

3 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

Lies xD

I think the JP situation (and subsequently where they think Lane plays best) is the biggest question of the offseason  (aside from Wentz's health) 

I don't think it's much of a question. JP has had a hall of fame career and should retire. Save some knee and tendons for his post retirement golf game.

The biggest question we have going forward is what do we do at LB, since we can't rely on Hicks and Bradham might leave in FA (especially if Schwartz leaves). Wentz will be fine.

50 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

Which mid-round "lightning" RB in this draft would you like to pair with our "thunder" RB' duo of Ajayi and Clement?

We all need to admit Donell Pompoms will never be good and was a waste of a pick.

A better question would probably be "who are the mid-round "lightning" RB's in this draft?" because I've only really watched/know the top 2-3 round guys.

I don't know if there are many mid round 'lightning' RB's out there. 

Myles Gaskin is really the only guy who would fit that mold that I can think of, and he's undecided right now.

1 hour ago, Jlash said:

I don't know if there are many mid round 'lightning' RB's out there. 

Myles Gaskin is really the only guy who would fit that mold that I can think of, and he's undecided right now.

Ronald Jones is my go too although he is gunna be gone by the end of round 2. 

Archived