NCAA/Draft Prospect Thread #WinItAll4theHAUL

Phire

On ‎2‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 12:08 PM, Kiltman said:

yea me too

would it be worth putting a transitional tag or something like that on him?

see if we can get a pick? 

can we even do that?

On ‎2‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 12:17 PM, nlesthought said:

Transition tag doesn't get you any picks, just gives you first right of refusal aka the ability to match a contract. That said 8 mil is in the range of Ertz money, I think it would be a waste of cap space to resign Burton for that much considering that we're currently over the cap and have bigger needs.

12 minutes ago, Hockey5djh said:

Transition tag doesn't get you any picks, just gives you first right of refusal aka the ability to match a contract. That said 8 mil is in the range of Ertz money, I think it would be a waste of cap space to resign Burton for that much considering that we're currently over the cap and have bigger needs.

not sure why I thought it did

17 minutes ago, Hockey5djh said:

I agree which is why I expect him to be gone. I think that’s why Billy Brown somehow managed to get on the PS. 

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/philadelphia-eagles/trey-burton-14668/market-value/

Their estimate is 3 years 21 million. (They also said 8 years 200 Mil for Rayne though LOL)

I was thinking the max I would do for Burton is 4 years 24 Million if we REALLY wanted to keep him. Honestly I think we need to play the Burton situation by ear. Let him go see what he can get on the market, come back to us and see if we can match it.

Just now, TheRealMcCoy said:

We aren't gonna be able to keep Burton. Investing that much $ in a #2 receiving option at TE and likely the #5 receiving option for the team just isn't smart.

I'd love to keep him, but we just can't.

Well then we're going to need to sign a discount guy and draft someone in a later round because Celek isn't worth keeping for $5 Million if he doesn't retire.

2 minutes ago, Phire said:

@therealmccoy @danger

The Eagles signed Billy Brown to a contract a few days ago. I think he's gonna be the cheap replacement.

He still has no experience in the league. I still think I want Richard Rodgers if the price is right.

Just now, Danger said:

Well then we're going to need to sign a discount guy and draft someone in a later round because Celek isn't worth keeping for $5 Million if he doesn't retire.

I think we like Billy Brown (a guy many of us wanted to crack the 53 last off-season). He was on our practice squad this year and we just signed him to a contract.

Think we'll definitely draft a TE. Probably on day 3 though. 

Archived