NCAA/Draft Prospect Thread #WinItAll4theHAUL

Phire

I think we'll need some team to take a chance on a player that is slipping due to injury or situation in order to move back and collect some picks. 

The real question is with all the injuries we had do we think a draft pick after the first couple rounds is going to play a major role barring any major moves, trades. 

I think we can still do some maneuvering with multiple 4s and 5s

10 minutes ago, nlesthought said:

TE prospect Dallas Goedert SDSU...yes he'll have to change his name I think 3rd-5th round depending how well he test. 

I see lots of people ranking him as the #1TE in this class. Have a hard time believing he drops that far. Looks like a small school Zach Ertz though.

On 2/8/2018 at 12:00 PM, nlesthought said:

USA today mock draft http://draftwire.usatoday.com/2018/02/07/2018-nfl-mock-draft-full-7-round-projections/ 

1st round: Mike McGlinchey - Notre Dame OL 

4th round: Hercules Mata'afa - Wash St DE

4th round: Marcel Ateman - Okla St WR

5th round: Brandon Facyson - Va Tech CB

5th round: Deadrin Senat - USF DL 

6th round: Martez Carter - Grambling St RB 

Dude has a nasty get off, but looks like he has the body size of an NFL safety. He would have to bulk up to play the trenches.

On 2/9/2018 at 7:31 AM, nlesthought said:

TE prospect Dallas Goedert SDSU...yes he'll have to change his name I think 3rd-5th round depending how well he test. 

Like @Jlash said there is pretty much no chance of him falling that far.

He'll almost certainly be gone in the 2nd round if he doesn't find his way into the 1st round.

Goedert now stands 6-foot-5 and weighs 270 pounds. He can run the 40-yard dash in 4.65 seconds, a blistering time for his size. His squat max is up to 552 pounds, his vertical jump at 36 inches. In short, he's significantly narrowed the gap between what he can be and what he is.

Also, as far as athletic testing there is this from an NFL.com article on him.

For comparisons sake... Gronk ran a 4.68 (pro day) and jumped 33.5 inches.

1 hour ago, RollEagles said:

I'm confused. I see a lot of writers use that word. Should I change that to re-negotiate or re-work their contracts? 

Restructuers take UNGUARENTEED Base Salary and converts it to GUARENTEED Signing Bonus and then spreads it over the life of the contract.

This is good for the Eagles short term because it opens up cap space by lowereing the player's cap number but is bad in the long term because the player will have higher cap number in the future with more of it guaranteed.

Restructuring is great for the player. It gives them more guarenteed money and thus harder to cut or trade.

So you want to restructure sparingly because itll catch up with you and only good young core players on long term big deals. The players you might see restructured are Lane Johnson and Fletcher Cox.

Curry will have to agree to a straight pay cut or he'll be gone.

1 minute ago, EaglesPeteC said:

Restructuers take UNGUARENTEED Base Salary and converts it to GUARENTEED Signing Bonus and then spreads it over the life of the contract.

This is good for the Eagles short term because it opens up cap space by lowereing the player's cap number but is bad in the long term because the player will have higher cap number in the future with more of it guaranteed.

Restructuring is great for the player. It gives them more guarenteed money and thus harder to cut or trade.

So you want to restructure sparingly because itll catch up with you and only good young core players on long term big deals. The players you might see restructured are Lane Johnson and Fletcher Cox.

Curry will have to agree to a straight pay cut or he'll be gone.

Oh I see what you’re saying. The straight pay cut is what I meant with a lot those guys in my original posts (Celek, Curry, Smith, etc.).

25 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

I mean he's about as big as this guy....

DVSxW-pU0AA95P2.jpg

Nah you know how colleges embellish those listed heights and weights. If you saw him play vs USC for example, he looked undersized 

38 minutes ago, RollEagles said:

Oh I see what you’re saying. The straight pay cut is what I meant with a lot those guys in my original posts (Celek, Curry, Smith, etc.).

Pay cuts are very tough sells. I can see Celek taking one because of age and being a life time Eagle. The other two, i dont see happening

Archived