NCAA/Draft Prospect Thread #WinItAll4theHAUL

Phire

19 minutes ago, ninjapirate said:

What is everyone's stance on Vaitai I acutally don't think having him and lane johnson switch sides this offseason and just going with those 5 starter if Peters is gone is a bad idea. I think he has played well enough to earn his starting spot. Even if PFF isn't very flattering towards him. 

I dont think they should switch spots at all. Big V is better on the left and Lane is an all pro RT. Why would you switch them?

I think you still draft a T but you dont need to force it because you can win with Vatai. I think if you got a mid round guy as a backup/insurance policy that is good. Im getting more comfortable with the idea of him being the full time starter.

3 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

I dont think they should switch spots at all. Big V is better on the left and Lane is an all pro RT. Why would you switch them?

I think you still draft a T but you dont need to force it because you can win with Vatai. I think if you got a mid round guy as a backup/insurance policy that is good. Im getting more comfortable with the idea of him being the full time starter.

I just think full time forever it might be better to switch them but like you said if we win anyway i guess it doesnt matter 

9 minutes ago, ninjapirate said:

I just think full time forever it might be better to switch them but like you said if we win anyway i guess it doesnt matter 

I've heard Tra Thomas and Barrett Brooks on many occasions say, don't move Lane because he is dominate at RT. Was listening to Tra Thomas today talking about Vatai and how he looks much more comfortable on the left than the right. It also seems that Lane and Brandon Brooks play really well next to each other.

Just now, EaglesPeteC said:

I've heard Tra Thomas and Barrett Brooks on many occasions say, don't move Lane because he is dominate at RT. Was listening to Tra Thomas today talking about Vatai and how he looks much more comfortable on the left than the right. It also seems that Lane and Brandon Brooks play really well next to each other.

Well is that comfort preferring the left side or not being a rookie anymore? At the very least I think vaitai is a good swing tackle. 

1 minute ago, ninjapirate said:

Well is that comfort preferring the left side or not being a rookie anymore? At the very least I think vaitai is a good swing tackle. 

Agreed. What is really nice is that if the Eagles can somehow swing to get Bradham back, they really don't have to force any particular position in the draft or get into a bidding war in Free Agency. Most of their needs would be depth, or future replacements or competition. That is a amazing place to be considering how many needs this team had last year.

1 minute ago, EaglesPeteC said:

Agreed. What is really nice is that if the Eagles can somehow swing to get Bradham back, they really don't have to force any particular position in the draft or get into a bidding war in Free Agency. Most of their needs would be depth, or future replacements or competition. That is a amazing place to be considering how many needs this team had last year.

yeah if we can re-sign bradham or hell just have enough money to keep Mychal we should be able to go BPA. 

Although I would draft a 

Linebacker

OL

Safety

Wide Receiver

Tight End 

Defensive Tackle

If we only have 6 picks. 

2 minutes ago, ninjapirate said:

yeah if we can re-sign bradham or hell just have enough money to keep Mychal we should be able to go BPA. 

Although I would draft a 

Linebacker

OL

Safety

Wide Receiver

Tight End 

Defensive Tackle

If we only have 6 picks. 

You'll have enough cap space to keep Mychal and probably enough to sign Bradham unless he gets crazy money from someone.

Restructure Lane

Restructure Cox

Cut Torrey

Cut Celek

June 1st Cut Peters

Trade Curry

= $29 million dollars + in cap space according to OTC.

Alright watched the Senior bowl. At first glance (I'll watch 2-3 more times and focus on different positions), these are the guys who impressed Jeezla:

DT 

Andrew Brown - 6'3 1/2" 294 lbs 35 1/8" arms!!! Awesome snap anticipation and get-off, just needs to add power/punch and some moves and he could be a demon.

WR

DJ Chark 6'2 5/8" 196 lbs 33" arms (Catch Radius!)

Tre'Quan Smith 6'1 5/8"  202 lbs 34 1/2" arms (Catch Radius!!)

Michael Gallup 6'1" 198 lbs T'Rex arms

OL

Will Hernandez 6'2 1/2" 340 lbs 32 3/8" arms. Looks like a much better mover than past 330+ lb OG's.

QB

Mike White 6'4" 221 lbs - Kinda looked like Kirk Cousins

Kyle Lauletta 6'2 1/2" 217 lbs - Kinda looked like Chad Pennington. 

Kurt Benkert 6'2 1/2" 214 - Kinda looked like a lesser Matt Ryan

RB

Rashaad Penny 

Kalen Ballage

LS

Tanner Carew. 6'1" 240 lbs. Guy is a special teams stud.

3 hours ago, Jeezla said:

Andrew Brown - 6'3 1/2" 294 lbs 35 1/8" arms!!! Awesome snap anticipation and get-off, just needs to add power/punch and some moves and he could be a demon.

Yeah, supposedly he was asked to 2 gap as a DE at Virginia and he made it known at the Senior Bowl how he was happy to play DT and get up field.

We met with him, but he's probably gonna rise and be in that mid 2nd round to early to 3rd round range.

31: R1P31
LB LEIGHTON VANDER ESCH
BOISE STATE
An instinctive athletic LB who is gonna make a ton of plays whether in the run game or coverage. He will be the replacement for Nigel Bradham who we likely won't be able to afford to pay what he's worth.

133: R4P31
WR KEKE COUTEE
TEXAS TECH

Didn't intend to take a WR here, but Coutee just fell in my lap. We don't really have players who can get YAC besides Nelson and that is where Keke comes in with his vision and good athleticism. He also is very good at tracking.

Could come in and make an impact on special teams as a returner day 1.

134: R4P32
OT COLBY GOSSETT
APPALACHIAN STATE

Listed as a tackle on here, but he is probably gonna be a guard. He impressed in the Senior Bowl practices and then helped open big holes in the game. Not sure about how he is in pass pro though. Would be a good guy to add for depth on the interior.

*** He is #70 in the clip below***

He was also one of the first people we met with in Mobile.

158: R5P19
TE DURHAM SMYTHE
NOTRE DAME

Another guy we met with at the Senior Bowl. The Eagles are definitely gonna target a TE considering Trey Burton is likely gonna get a decent contract from some team in FA and Brent Celek is done.

That is where Smythe comes in. He is a good blocker and sometimes described as a 6th OL. The guy is competent in both run and pass blocking. Thought he has solid athleticism from what I saw in the practices and could also produce as a receiver in 2 tight end sets. He would be a nice TE2 to develop as a receiver behind Ertz and further improve our already great ground game.

170: R5P31
DL P.J. HALL
SAM HOUSTON STATE

It's obvious we are looking at day 2 and 3 defensive linemen from how many of them we met with at the Senior Bowl.

Hall is a guy who impressed me when I checked out some of his tape. It was obvious he could play, but competition was a bit of a question. From what I understand he impressed at the Shrine game though.

The player comparison for him on NFL.com's draft profile is Grady Jarrett and I really like that. They both are squatty defensive tackles with good quickness and hand usage that make a lot of plays in the backfield and are pretty much only suited to be 4-3 DTs.

That isn't to say I expect him to be as good as Jarrett who has grown into one of the better defensive linemen in the league, but they are similar players and I could see Hall falling into the 5th round just like he did.

208: R6P31
RB ITO SMITH
SOUTHERN MISS

Really impressed me with his pass catching at the Senior Bowl.

He also weighed in at like 205 lbs which is a solid weight for him. He's not just a shifty back. Can definitely run between the tackles. 

Oh... and he can do this.

I don't think Smith lasts this long. Probably gone somewhere in the late 4th to mid 5th, but hey I'm just taking who is on the board.

Got bored trying to kill time until Sunday, so I did a mock on Fanspeak.

Let me know what you think.

I don't care what transpires with Big V or Another Possible LT. Leave the Best RT in the NFL where he's at. There are just as many Great DE/OLB from that side as the Other. Him and Brooks are the best Tandem in the League. Don't F with that.

Honestly one of the more impressive things Pederson did all Season really. Not panicking and making the switch!! Which would of been a huge mistake.

2 hours ago, nlesthought said:

I don't expect TE to be a draft position...

Billy Brown and Adam Zaruba are on the PS, I could see them letting Burton walk and Celek retiring going out on top.  

Brown is a nice guy to develop as a receiver, but still probably has quite the work to do as a blocker.

Zaruba is raw and can't imagine he would be ready to play. I imagine he'll be on the practice squad at least another year. We don't know if he'll ever amount to anything.

Smythe can come in day 1 and be the back-up and get a lot of work as a blocker. That is well worth a 5th round pick and I imagine that's why we met with him at the Senior Bowl.

1 minute ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Brown is a nice guy to develop as a receiver, but still probably has quite the work to do as a blocker.

Zaruba is raw and can't imagine he would be ready to play. I imagine he'll be on the practice squad at least another year. We don't know if he'll ever amount to anything.

Smythe can come in day 1 and be the back-up and get a lot of work as a blocker. That is well worth a 5th round pick and I imagine that's why we met with him at the Senior Bowl.

I think Seumalo right now is our blocking TE. 

Archived