Anthony Davis Demands Trade

sdrawkcab321

3 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Let's assume that Siakam is a slightly better player than anyone the Lakers can offer, is a Siakam/OG package really better than Lonzo/Ingram/Kuzma?  Hell no.

Right now it isn't slightly. And I'd say Siakam/OG/FRP is. You also have to take into account where the Pelicans are at as a franchise.

2 minutes ago, RavensTillIDie said:

Lol, trade machine blowing up cause of the AD news.

NTtUbIh.png

So why would AD want to stay in Boston without Kyrie/Tatum? Don't see the use for that trade. If he stays in Boston, a big reason will be to play with Kyrie. 

6 minutes ago, Utley said:

Right now it isn't slightly. And I'd say Siakam/OG/FRP is. You also have to take into account where the Pelicans are at as a franchise.

Add in the league wise anti-Lakers sentiment and it gets interesting. A LOT of deals can compete with the Lakers offer. And there is incentive to not trade him to the Lakers. 

Just now, champ11 said:

I said ballpark. As in that Lakers package ain't anything special. A lot of teams could compete with that offer. Obviously the issue is AD's preference like I noted above 

I think Denver can put together a better package and be decently confident that he would re-sign. But I don't expect them to make that gamble. 

I'm not arguing that the Lakers' package is special.  I can't be clear enough on that.  But nobody is giving you two former #2 overall picks and arguably one of the best value picks int he NBA.  How many times have we seen starts or superstars become available and the package is underwhelming?  Every single damn time one becomes available, the packages are garbage.  Paul George?  Oladipo's awful contract and Sabonis was ridiculed left and right.  Just because Oladipo blossomed in Indiana doesn't change the fact that it was package that most thought was horrible.  Jimmy Butler?  Dario Saric and Robert Covington was the package, which is an awful package.  Kawhi Leonard?  DeMar DeRozan and his bloated contract along with a top 20 protected pick.  All of those package fell far short of what those players were really worth.

And I agree Denver can put together a good package, but their package ironically reminds me a TON of the Knicks package for Carmelo.  A TON of really good pieces, but nothing that really excites you.

Just now, J-ALL-DAY said:

So why would AD want to stay in Boston without Kyrie/Tatum? Don't see the use for that trade. If he stays in Boston, a big reason will be to play with Kyrie. 

That's why Jrue is going.  Obviously playing with Kyrie would be preferable though.  It'd essentially be taking the things from New Orleans that work to a deeper team and to the East.

1 minute ago, champ11 said:

My man's is shooting like 40% from the line. He's got a lot of things to figure out. 

STILL NEVER LOST!!!!!!!!!!!

Talk to me about that defense though. Straight clamps. 

Dude looked like he was about to play up to his potential and then damn near break his ankle. Tough break, no pun intended lol. 

Them Lakers youngsters are going to be on pins and needles until the trade deadline. They are going to be dog ish scared that they will be gone any day now. LeBron legitimately puts different type of pressure on his teammates. Windhorst said it best. One day LeBron could be your best friend inviting you to a party, inviting you to come on his private plane to a game....And the next day he will not think twice about signing off on shipping you out of there to improve his chances of winning. I respect it, I REALLY do lol.

Basketball is crazy. I stopped being a huge fan back in around 2007, but it's so weird to see fans throwing all of their young guys out the window to let AD in. As a former Raptors diehard, now a casual fan, getting AD would be killer, just don't see how the Raps come close to what the Lakers can offer

market is pretty crap for AD right now.

celtics can't even trade for him right now, lakers young players outside of kuzma are uninspiring, and no one else really has any assets that doesn't decimate their team. 

if i was NO, i'd just try to get a couple firsts from a bad to mediocre team and a young prospect and get it done asap so they can start tanking this season. 

i wouldnt wait for boston and i wouldn't take on LA's mediocre talent

Just now, seminoles1 said:

That's why Jrue is going.  Obviously playing with Kyrie would be preferable though.  It'd essentially be taking the things from New Orleans that work to a deeper team and to the East.

Meh, you also lose out on the other potential star of the bunch in Tatum. Don't think that is enough to keep him there unless they win it all. And I don't see that happening. 

6 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

STILL NEVER LOST!!!!!!!!!!!

Talk to me about that defense though. Straight clamps. 

Dude looked like he was about to play up to his potential and then damn near break his ankle. Tough break, no pun intended lol. 

Them Lakers youngsters are going to be on pins and needles until the trade deadline. They are going to be dog ish scared that they will be gone any day now. LeBron legitimately puts different type of pressure on his teammates. Windhorst said it best. One day LeBron could be your best friend inviting you to a party, inviting you to come on his private plane to a game....And the next day he will not think twice about signing off on shipping you out of there to improve his chances of winning. I respect it, I REALLY do lol.

Lonzo doesn't bring it every night. One night he looks great and the next you don't notice him.

I think a decent comp for Lonzo is Marcus Smart...but Smart has a clear advantage over him. His head is in the game every night. 

4 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

Anthony Davis is far better than any of the other players who have become available.  I get your point about that, but this is a different animal than Irving, George, Cousins, and Butler.  Leonard would have been, but his injury really complicated things.

Denver can also offer Michel Porter, Jr. (assuming his back checks out).  And with my point about New Orleans maybe wanting not to completely blow it up, players like Gary Harris and Will Barton become more attractive.  Obviously that depends on what kind of package New Orleans wants.  We're all just shooting in the dark though because we don't know what they are looking for as an offer.

I would agree that AD is the best player to become available, but the whole concept doesn't change.  Teams don't give up Godfather packages for players who are threatening to walk as FAs.  If Boston really believed that Kawhi/Butler would re-sign, why wouldn't they have dangled Tatum/Jaylen?  Teams don't give up known values for known values.

MPJ has no value right now.  If you liked him before the draft, you still have hope.  But going under the knife for another back surgery has his value near the bottom.  Guys like Gary Harris and Will Barton are valuable to teams that are competing.  For a team rebuilding (like New Orleans in this scenario), they have limited value.  By the time the Pelicans are relevant, they're going to see their contracts expire.

7 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

I'm not arguing that the Lakers' package is special.  I can't be clear enough on that.  But nobody is giving you two former #2 overall picks and arguably one of the best value picks int he NBA.  How many times have we seen starts or superstars become available and the package is underwhelming?  Every single damn time one becomes available, the packages are garbage.  Paul George?  Oladipo's awful contract and Sabonis was ridiculed left and right.  Just because Oladipo blossomed in Indiana doesn't change the fact that it was package that most thought was horrible.  Jimmy Butler?  Dario Saric and Robert Covington was the package, which is an awful package.  Kawhi Leonard?  DeMar DeRozan and his bloated contract along with a top 20 protected pick.  All of those package fell far short of what those players were really worth.

And I agree Denver can put together a good package, but their package ironically reminds me a TON of the Knicks package for Carmelo.  A TON of really good pieces, but nothing that really excites you.

Jamal Murray is a headliner trade piece at this point, IMO. 

AD is the best player to come available in a trade in a long time. Gonna be interesting. 

6 minutes ago, Utley said:

That package still pails in comparison to what the Lakers can offer.  Toronto can't deal their pick until 2021, and the Lakers can deal their pick this year.  The Lakers '19 FRP >>> Toronto's '21 FRP by a pretty significant margin.  And that's not factoring in that the Lakers can offer their '21 FRP as well.  So the Lakers' package still is superior to that of Toronto's.

1 minute ago, champ11 said:

Lonzo doesn't bring it every night. One night he looks great and the next you don't notice him.

I think a decent comp for Lonzo is Marcus Smart...but Smart has a clear advantage over him. His head is in the game every night. 

No doubt, he needs to be consistent day in and day out. Once he figures that out and brings consistent energy? Dude is going to be a problem. Some team trading for him will think they could get that out of him though. 

Marcus Smart is a moron at times, don't compare that low IQ chucker to BBB ever again. Thank you. 

Archived