Anthony Davis Demands Trade

sdrawkcab321

Klutch might have had this timing to try and force NO to dealing with LA rather than waiting until Boston can deal. 

There are teams that can compete with LA as far as packages go, but they aren't what AD is looking for. I think Brooklyn and Miami, for example, could put together a strong offer....but is AD realistically going to want to play in those spots? Unlikely. 

Just now, champ11 said:

A lot of players may become available if AD is the prize. For example: how much worse is a Toronto package around Siakam and OG than the Lakers package? It's in the same ballpark. A lot of similar deals to the Lakers offer could be created, since yeah, there aren't many building block pieces that may be moved. Tatum, Jamal Murray, Porzingis, come to mind 

Like I said - depends on how much Klutch is going to push AD to LA. If he makes it clear he won't resign in certain places it slims the options. 

New Orleans is not taking a Siakam/OG package for Anthony Davis.  And it's not even in the same ballpark.  The love for those two has gotten out of hand.  It's the same damn puppy love that Clint Capela was getting.  The second Siakam gets an extension, his trade value goes out the window.

Tatum hasn't been available for Kawhi or Jimmy Butler, so until we hear otherwise I'm assuming he's not available.  Porzingis supposedly isn't available either.

Every single time a star or a superstar becomes available, we keep talking about these Godfather offers.  But the reality is they fall far from it.

5 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

New Orleans is not taking a Siakam/OG package for Anthony Davis.  And it's not even in the same ballpark.  The love for those two has gotten out of hand.  It's the same damn puppy love that Clint Capela was getting.  The second Siakam gets an extension, his trade value goes out the window.

Tatum hasn't been available for Kawhi or Jimmy Butler, so until we hear otherwise I'm assuming he's not available.  Porzingis supposedly isn't available either.

Every single time a star or a superstar becomes available, we keep talking about these Godfather offers.  But the reality is they fall far from it.

I mean, Siakam is a significantly better player than any of the players available from the Lakers. Sad, but true! 

3 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Trading BBB would be a mistake by the Lakers. He started to flash his potential before he got hurt and he looked like a game changer. His defense and the way he is able to push the pace is big time. Started to take it aggressively to the cup....Didn't finish all that well but it's a start lol. 

Lakers defense is really good but if you trade Lonzo/Zubac/Ingram, then yeah there is going to be some big slippage there. I don't know, but I bet they try to keep Lonzo over any of the other younger players. Kuzma plays great alongside LeBron, but Pelicans gotta hit him in any trade with the Lakers.

I think the Pelicans just wait it out until the summer and see what the Celtics have to offer. 

SPEAK ON IT!!

2 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

There aren't a lot, but you never know with Anthony Davis being available.

Denver could offer up Murray. Philadelphia could offer Simmons. Knicks could offer Kristaps.

New Orleans also might want a deal like San Antonio got for Kawhi. Instead of a bunch of future assets, maybe they want to use Davis to get a really good player + a couple fillers to round out a playoff roster now. It'd be stupid of them, but owners can be really stupid.

How is this any different than a dozen other stars or superstars that have become available?  The only difference is that we haven't heard a report of Anthony Davis specifically wanting to go to the Lakers.  The offers always end up being less than what they're hypothetically worthy.  Denver could offer up Jamaal Murray.  But how does the rest of their package look like?  They don't have any premium draft picks and their best talents are locked up on reasonable, long-term deals.  They just lack any blue chip talent on rookie deals to get a deal done.  Philadelphia isn't dealing Simmons, point blank.  He's on his rookie deal and will almost assuredly sign an extension this offseason.  They need more shooting, not less.  And Knicks aren't offering Porzingod without an idea of someone else joining AD in New York.

3 minutes ago, champ11 said:

Klutch might have had this timing to try and force NO to dealing with LA rather than waiting until Boston can deal. 

There are teams that can compete with LA as far as packages go, but they aren't what AD is looking for. I think Brooklyn and Miami, for example, could put together a strong offer....but is AD realistically going to want to play in those spots? Unlikely. 

Pretty much.  Right now, there's really only a handful of teams that you would feel reasonably comfortable that AD would re-sign with them.  Boston, Philadelphia, LA Lakers are three teams you would almost assume he'd re-sign with.  Beyond those three, how many are you confident he'd resign with?  And of those, how many have a package that would interest the Pelicans?  Very few.

Just now, Utley said:

He is. I'd still take Lonzo long term, but right now its not close.

Let's assume that Siakam is a slightly better player than anyone the Lakers can offer, is a Siakam/OG package really better than Lonzo/Ingram/Kuzma?  Hell no.

5 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Let's assume that Siakam is a slightly better player than anyone the Lakers can offer, is a Siakam/OG package really better than Lonzo/Ingram/Kuzma?  Hell no.

I said ballpark. As in that Lakers package ain't anything special. A lot of teams could compete with that offer. Obviously the issue is AD's preference like I noted above 

I think Denver can put together a better package and be decently confident that he would re-sign. But I don't expect them to make that gamble. 

1 minute ago, CWood21 said:

How is this any different than a dozen other stars or superstars that have become available?  The only difference is that we haven't heard a report of Anthony Davis specifically wanting to go to the Lakers.  The offers always end up being less than what they're hypothetically worthy.  Denver could offer up Jamaal Murray.  But how does the rest of their package look like?  They don't have any premium draft picks and their best talents are locked up on reasonable, long-term deals.  They just lack any blue chip talent on rookie deals to get a deal done.  Philadelphia isn't dealing Simmons, point blank.  He's on his rookie deal and will almost assuredly sign an extension this offseason.  They need more shooting, not less.  And Knicks aren't offering Porzingod without an idea of someone else joining AD in New York.

Anthony Davis is far better than any of the other players who have become available.  I get your point about that, but this is a different animal than Irving, George, Cousins, and Butler.  Leonard would have been, but his injury really complicated things.

Denver can also offer Michel Porter, Jr. (assuming his back checks out).  And with my point about New Orleans maybe wanting not to completely blow it up, players like Gary Harris and Will Barton become more attractive.  Obviously that depends on what kind of package New Orleans wants.  We're all just shooting in the dark though because we don't know what they are looking for as an offer.

Archived