Superb Owl LIII Game Day Thread

Sasquatch

Just now, Golfman said:

They scored 13 points tonight? What did McDaniels do so great? The defensive coordinator or the guy calling the plays, Flores deserves  more credit. 

Well the Rams Offense was exposed as a one trick pony that can't adjust. The Packers are bringing that Offense to Green Bay. McDaniels had a hard time but made adjustments and the Patriots won because of that. Right now I'm starting to think that it was a bad idea to hire Lafleur over McDaniels.

So glad we got the next McVay.  Hot shot offensive minds are the way to Super Bowl victories.  Offense is the way to Super Bowl victories. 

Don't ask the Patriots, who just held the #2 scoring offense to 3 ******* points, ask Reid and McVay and LaFleur. 

1 minute ago, MaximusGluteus said:

Why would anyone give you crap for that?  That's dead on.  His delivery is dreadfully slow.  Anybody who can't see that is either blind or in denial.

Why? Its the "prove your argument" gene that exists around here. 

1 minute ago, Outpost31 said:

So glad we got the next McVay.  Hot shot offensive minds are the way to Super Bowl victories.  Offense is the way to Super Bowl victories. 

Don't ask the Patriots, who just held the #2 scoring offense to 3 ******* points, ask Reid and McVay and LaFleur. 

I thought we kept Pettine as DC?

2 minutes ago, Fox_NFLs_GG said:

Well the Rams Offense was exposed as a one trick pony that can't adjust. The Packers are bringing that Offense to Green Bay. McDaniels had a hard time but made adjustments and the Patriots won because of that. Right now I'm starting to think that it was a bad idea to hire Lafleur over McDaniels.

We can’t relate Matt Lefluer to Mcvay.

Doug Pederson has that killer instinct which Andy Reid never had.

Lets see Matt’s play calling and in game adjustments and then we can judge..

Just now, Jaire_Island said:

McCarthy never had that either. I'm not suddenly worried about the guy we hired over this game. The Rams were limited because their QB isn't that good. He was exposed. 

1 minute ago, Golfman said:

McCarthy never had that either. I'm not suddenly worried about the guy we hired over this game. The Rams were limited because their QB isn't that good. He was exposed. 

I'm not saying anything about LaFleur either. Just giving MCD cred where I think its due.

NE did a fantastic job of taking LAR out of what they are comfortable doing.  2 weeks to prepare is almost unfair for NE and BB.  

Hats off the LAR D and Wade Phillips.  They did a great job of stopping NE and keeping LAR in the game.  

Imagine if Rodgers had a defense who gave up 3 points in a Super Bowl. Heck, any playoff game. The Patriots' defense is consistently underrated and underappreciated through the playoffs. It's the defense and offensive line that won this Super Bowl for them, despite Brady throwing 2 INTs in the AFCCG and 1 INT today.

13 minutes ago, Jaire_Island said:

Well lets look what he did with the Titans...

Archived