Superb Owl LIII Game Day Thread

Sasquatch

Just now, Fox_NFLs_GG said:

Well lets look what he did with the Titans...

I'm not judging him there.  There's no star talent on that Titans offense, and certainly not at QB.  He still managed to put up 40 plus against the team that just gave up 3 in the Super Bowl to the #2 scoring offense. 

I think LaFleur will be a fine offensive coach.  It's his defense I'll be worried about. 

10 minutes ago, Leader said:

Why? Its the "prove your argument" gene that exists around here.

I saw him play for the first time this season when the Packers played the Rams, and his slow delivery was the first thing I noticed, and then I noticed that he's very, VERY average (at best).  The Rams would be smart to fleece some team in a trade before his rookie contract is up.  In fact, they should do it this year and then trade for/sign Foles.

1 hour ago, Leader said:

Early in the year I made a comment that I thought Goff had a slow delivery. That he threw the ball like an outfielder.
Typically, I took **** for it - but this game refreshes that thinking for me. He doesnt have a quick delivery. Its a windup motion.

Yes, he was late on that missed TD in the 3rd.  If the Rams had a functioning offense they win that game.  I'm sick of NE winning all the time but at least Suh didn't get a ring.  I'm no fan of that guy at all.

1 hour ago, Outpost31 said:

I'm not judging him there.  There's no star talent on that Titans offense, and certainly not at QB.  He still managed to put up 40 plus against the team that just gave up 3 in the Super Bowl to the #2 scoring offense. 

I think LaFleur will be a fine offensive coach.  It's his defense I'll be worried about. 

Dont attribute any success based on NE vs TEN game. Belichick and Popovich has tendency to go easy on their former coaches. 

AMAZING game. Had everything you look for in a high-stakes football match:

• Some really good punts by both teams
  • Several passes in the vicinity of a receiver
  • The best player on the field mysteriously not getting the ball
  • The old familiar thrill of knowing the Patriots would find a way to win
  • The sweet sounds of Maroon 5

1 hour ago, Outpost31 said:

Doesn't matter how they rated in the regular season. Those are inexperienced playoff QBs he faced. Not discounting anything BB did because he's the GOAT game planner I've ever seen, but you aren't holding Aaron to 3 pts.

You don't need a defensive minded HC to have a good defense, also the struggles of McVay have no correlation to LaFleur. We need to stop searching for reasons to be down on something and move on.

Goff really isn't impressive to me. He was completely overwhelmed out there today. McVay's system makes him look a lot better than he really is and going up against the Patriots today really showed me Goff has a long way to go still.

54 minutes ago, Pugger said:

Yes, he was late on that missed TD in the 3rd.  If the Rams had a functioning offense they win that game.  I'm sick of NE winning all the time but at least Suh didn't get a ring.  I'm no fan of that guy at all.

Don't forget Kronke.  He screwed over a lot of my friends with his moving goalpost demands and seemingly purposeful ****ty team building for like 6 years before he moved.  Screw that guy.  At least be honest.  

19 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Doesn't matter how they rated in the regular season. Those are inexperienced playoff QBs he faced. Not discounting anything BB did because he's the GOAT game planner I've ever seen, but you aren't holding Aaron to 3 pts.

You don't need a defensive minded HC to have a good defense, also the struggles of McVay have no correlation to LaFleur. We need to stop searching for reasons to be down on something and move on.

I'm too drunk and angry to argue with you,/9 alli. See about us 7 Super Bowl wins from LaFleur.

I’d have much rather watched the Chiefs and Rams play this game.  Goff wouldn’t have had the spector of playing in Brady’s shadow looming over him for two weeks (Mahomes is more his contemporary), and the Chief’s defense wouldn’t have been as stifling as the Pats.  Mahomes would’ve had an interesting day against the Rams front, and overall I just think it would’ve been a more entertaining game.  The two young QB’s Bowl, with the league MVP playing in the game.

Or

Saints and Pats.  Two old QB’s going at it, undaunted by the other team’s past or present success.  Would’ve been a fun matchup also.

Archived