Superb Owl LIII Game Day Thread

Sasquatch

One thing that really stood out to me about Goff was that he really pulled his throws with pressure coming in. Obviously it takes a huge amount of guts and discipline to stand in there and deliver a throw knowing you’re about to get slammed, but Goff was pretty consistently pulling away from pressure before contact and it was very clearly affecting his throws. It’s the superbowl man, you’ve got to stand in there and take those hits. 

57 minutes ago, Arthur Penske said:

I don't disagree that Bill is amazing, but there were certainly throws Goff missed. Cooks was wide open in the endzone and Goff was way late on and should have been a TD. Romo pointed out Goff hit the wrong read earlier in the game too and missed what could have been a TD.

There was another play where Gurley immediately came open in the left flat. Once Goff found him three seconds later, he threw a bad pass at Gurley's ankles and he was tackled immediately for a loss.

16 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

I'm not judging him there.  There's no star talent on that Titans offense, and certainly not at QB.  He still managed to put up 40 plus against the team that just gave up 3 in the Super Bowl to the #2 scoring offense. 

I think LaFleur will be a fine offensive coach.  It's his defense I'll be worried about. 

Let's also not forget that early this season Hackett put up 31 vs the Pats this season with Bortels throwing for 375+ and 4TDs without Fournett.

Now that may not have been vs playoff Bill, but Hackett also did a pretty good job vs Bill in the AFC championship last season too.

4 hours ago, Slinky said:

Yes. You can read. Nice job.

The refs never miss those PI when the WRs is BLATANTLY getting his arm held down. 

Sorry you can't blame the refs when you don't like the team and then put the blame on the team if it fits your other argument.

The difference in importance of call and win % probability if the call was made correctly is night and day too. The refs robbed NO, Jared Goff robbed the Rams.

7 hours ago, Arthur Penske said:

Not easy when your QB plays like that.

NE kind of exposed how much McVay really means to that offense.  For the last 2 seasons the Rams offense has basically been McVay playing QB using Goffs arm.  NE took him out of the equation by changing their defenses after the headset shut off and making Goff play QB by himself and he looked completely lost.

1 hour ago, Packerraymond said:

Sorry you can't blame the refs when you don't like the team and then put the blame on the team if it fits your other argument.

The difference in importance of call and win % probability if the call was made correctly is night and day too. The refs robbed NO, Jared Goff robbed the Rams.

In that NO-LA game, the refs not calling the face mask penalty when Goff got his tuned was EASILY as big of a no call as the PI. You're out of your mind if you don't think so. 

27 minutes ago, Gopher Trace said:

You blame the refs for a game like the one where NO lost to LA, where NO was the better team, not yesterday's game where LA was clearly not better than NE.

Patriots offense wasn't lighting it up either. They benefited from 2 huge calls/no calls. Period. One literally took 7 away from the Rams. 

1 hour ago, Slinky said:

In that NO-LA game, the refs not calling the face mask penalty when Goff got his tuned was EASILY as big of a no call as the PI. You're out of your mind if you don't think so. 

Except I was on the GDT in the no one saw it live, it was only in slow mo that people started complaining. That kind of facemask gets missed every week. Football isn't played in slow mo or still shots.

Also, to me, that's the 5 yards facemask that we got rid of, so not even a penalty. Anyone else agree?

1 minute ago, Packerraymond said:

Except I was on the GDT in the no one saw it live, it was only in slow mo that people started complaining. That kind of facemask gets missed every week. Football isn't played in slow mo or still shots.

Also, to me, that's the 5 yards facemask that we got rid of, so not even a penalty. Anyone else agree?

So because it happened fast, the refs missed it, that's ok? LOL. And you're saying it should be a 5 yarder, EVE THO THERE IS NO SUCH THING ANYMORE. What??! You realize ALL face mask penalties are personal fouls now, right? 

That's a personal foul, period. Rams would have had 1st and feet away from the end zone. Period. Stop being silly. 

30 minutes ago, Slinky said:

So because it happened fast, the refs missed it, that's ok? LOL. And you're saying it should be a 5 yarder, EVE THO THERE IS NO SUCH THING ANYMORE. What??! You realize ALL face mask penalties are personal fouls now, right? 

That's a personal foul, period. Rams would have had 1st and feet away from the end zone. Period. Stop being silly. 

The 5 yarder isn't a penalty anymore. If you hit the facemask with your palm and don't grab and pull it used to be a 5 yard penalty, now it's no penalty. I'm saying this fall into that category.

21 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

The 5 yarder isn't a penalty anymore. If you hit the facemask with your palm and don't grab and pull it used to be a 5 yard penalty, now it's no penalty. I'm saying this fall into that category.

But he DID grab the mask. Hell, you just posted a Tweet showing that. The penalty states if the mask is grabbed, and it turns the QBs head, it's a foul. It clearly does that. What are you watching? 

10 minutes ago, Slinky said:

But he DID grab the mask. Hell, you just posted a Tweet showing that. The penalty states if the mask is grabbed, and it turns the QBs head, it's a foul. It clearly does that. What are you watching? 

I think he hits his hand over his facemask, have you worn those gloves?they're sticky as hell. I don't see him ever close his hand into a fist or pull or grab. The subtle head turn is the glove sticking to the facemask.

I know now you'll disagree as I could say the sky is blue and you'd have a comeback, but that's legitimately what I see. I don't think it's a penalty.

Archived