Why will we never see another Patriots dynasty again? Salary cap?

Championshiporbust

3 minutes ago, William Lee said:

LOL, that guy doesn't even know the necessary condition for a team to become a dynasty.

Do you know what necessary condition is?

For example, being a man is a necessary condition for him to be father. Without "he is a man", you don't even have to think about "Is he a father?".

i have no idea what you’re saying

he’s said that the pats dynasty required so many important key factors from signal caller to the coach to the ownership to the HFA, and that it’s so rare that it’s unlikely those factors could ever align to this extent again 

i added

that they’ve also had superb GM work

and so this new england dynasty has been such a perfect storm it’s highly unlikely to be ever replicated - and that’s a mad huge achievement for the pats

2 minutes ago, Shady Slim said:

i have no idea what you’re saying

he’s said that the pats dynasty required so many important key factors from signal caller to the coach to the ownership to the HFA, and that it’s so rare that it’s unlikely those factors could ever align to this extent again 

i added

that they’ve also had superb GM work

and so this new england dynasty has been such a perfect storm it’s highly unlikely to be ever replicated - and that’s a mad huge achievement for the pats

Key factor is QB, in every team.

That guy pulled a "I will be able to speak French if someone puts an English-French dictionary in front of me".

2 minutes ago, William Lee said:

Key factor is QB, in every team.

That guy pulled a "I will be able to speak French if someone puts an English-French dictionary in front of me".

I'm not really sure what you are talking about at all tbh.

Brady is a huge factor to the Pats success, and I said that in my original post.

Brady is one of many factors as to why the Pats have been this good for so long.

9 minutes ago, Bolts223 said:

I'm not really sure what you are talking about at all tbh.

Brady is a huge factor to the Pats success, and I said that in my original post.

Brady is one of many factors as to why the Pats have been this good for so long.

Why didn't other teams try cheap WR,  like Belichick's "finding gold among stones"?

Don't tell me Belichick is genius at identifying the potential of players, most of his drafts led to failures, and Edelmen was not selected as a receiver.

There must be a reason, right? then what is it?

Frankly speaking, I don't even know why some will think it is smart to change WR corp like revolving doors, IT IS STUPID!!!  For example, the effort Brady put in with Josh Gordon had no effect at all in playoff. and he almost traded away Gronk without any decent replacement. Without Gronk, no way could Pats have won this SB.

8 hours ago, NFLExpert49 said:

The Patriots won because of their head coach. 

If another head coach comes along who is that far ahead of his peers, it could happen again. 

The Patriots have been a coach, a QB, and a revolving door of mostly scrubs. 

Gruden might have won the SB with this Pats roster

30 minutes ago, William Lee said:

Why didn't other teams try cheap WR,  like Belichick's "finding gold among stones"?

Don't tell me Belichick is genius at identifying the potential of players, most of his drafts led to failures, and Edelmen was not selected as a receiver.

There must be a reason, right? then what is it?

Frankly speaking, I don't even know why some will think it is smart to change WR corp like revolving doors, IT IS STUPID!!!  For example, the effort Brady put in with Josh Gordon had no effect at all in playoff. and he almost traded away Gronk without any decent replacement. Without Gronk, no way could Pats have won this SB.

You realize that Belichick has found many hidden gems at other positions other than receiver right?

I'm not really sure what you are trying to argue here, that Brady is the only reason for the Pats success?

The difference between Brady and other elite QB's is not very big, the difference between Belichick and the next best coach in the league is substantial.

4 hours ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

This dynasty occurred IN the cap era so I don't know what you're on about. 

This is the most dominant 18 year stretch we've ever seen, not even when the league was half the size was there a team this dominant for such a long stretch. So it's safe to say we probably won't see it again, even if you pair up an all time great football mind with an all time great QB, you need a lot of other things to go right to achieve this kind of success.

It's worth noting the 1981-1998 49ers' stretch is very comparable, and I'm sure people didn't expect to see another run like that. A mere 3 years later this Pats dynasty forms, so who knows.

I think the 49ers stretch is probably the next best, but it's still decently behind the Pats.

5 SB's, 5 appearances, 8 Conference Championship game appearances vs 6 SB's, 9 appearances and 13 Conference championship game appearances.

1 hour ago, CKS97 said:

That roster can win with a lot of coaches

This seems to contradict your constant harping on how Belichick always makes "D+/C+" players play very well or how most Pats players wouldn't even be close to starting on any other team. What a turn in thinking in less than 24 hours.

The conventional method in sports is a roster of future hall of famers well coached. This requires an owner willing to pay.

A division that consistently lacks quality.

Sustained assistant coaches that don't leave for other teams.

An organization capable of controlling the environment.

Archived