TCMD 2019 GB Packer WAR ROOM

squire12

9 minutes ago, Shanedorf said:

Both Justin Houston and Olivier Vernon are available for a 3rd.
Spendy guys on the contract side, but that doesn't seem unreasonable
Can you negotiate, or is that THE PRICE ?

Likely it is negotiable.  Most of the players that are higher price that are listed would be/will be cut if no trades get down in TCMD.  

13 hours ago, squire12 said:

Early order of things to do:

1.  What players on the GB roster to add to the trade block?  

2.  What to do with the GB RFA and ERFA players?

3.  Early targets that are on the league trade block?

1.  Looking to see what teams might have interest in the following players

Jason Spriggs, Tramon Williams, Mike Daniels, Trevor Davis, Nick Perry, Jimmy Graham

4 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

Kevin Johnson at corner is one I'd look at.  Trade a 5'th or so for him and then you don't need to re-sign Breeland.

Not sure on him.  He only played 1 game in 2018.  Need to do some digging as to why that was

1 year for $9M 

Just now, squire12 said:
6 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

Kevin Johnson at corner is one I'd look at.  Trade a 5'th or so for him and then you don't need to re-sign Breeland.

Not sure on him.  He only played 1 game in 2018.  Need to do some digging as to why that was

1 year for $9M 

IR after week 1 with a concussion.  

35 minutes ago, Shanedorf said:

Both Justin Houston and Olivier Vernon are available for a 3rd.
Spendy guys on the contract side, but that doesn't seem unreasonable
Can you negotiate, or is that THE PRICE ?

I think we'd rather wait to see if Houston will be cut and i think we could find a cheaper, and perhaps better alternative to Vernon in FA AND not have to give up a pick.

EDIT: At 19.5M in cap hit, Vernon's contract is under water significantly. NYG would have to give us a pick for me to want to take that on. Like Houston, because his current contract is so out of whack with his on-field performance, I think it wouldn't make sense to trade any assets for them, but instead wait to see if they're cut.

17 minutes ago, squire12 said:

Jason Spriggs, Tramon Williams, Mike Daniels, Trevor Davis, Nick Perry, Jimmy Graham

The only one of these guys that I think would be worth it is Spriggs.  Trevor Davis is easily found in the the draft or as a UDFA if you want that type of player.  The rest are valuable players with inflated contracts, most teams would like the players at greatly discounted rates.

27 minutes ago, squire12 said:

I think Sprigs is worth keeping around as a swing tackle. If someone wants Tramon/Perry/Graham I have no problem moving on from them. I personally would rather keep Daniels, but if the price is high enough, I could see moving on from him.

I absolutely would be against adding Kevin Johnson for any pick at a $9m cost. He will be our CB3 possibly even 4. 

No chance on trading for Justin Houston or Vernon. As mentioned, Houston is almost certainly going to be cut. Perry and Graham I would trade if we get a half decent offer, but trading Mike Daniels would make me pretty damn sad if we didn't get a 2nd for him, and even still that's a rough deal

@JBURGE, @FinneasGage, @ThatJerkDave, @rcon14  Thanks for replies.   I agree on the waiting to see if those high price players get cut before giving up anything in draft capital for them.    Regarding the GB players I put on the block, I am not really wanting to move any of them, but would certainly consider it for the right price.  

1 minute ago, squire12 said:

@JBURGE, @FinneasGage, @ThatJerkDave, @rcon14  Thanks for replies.   I agree on the waiting to see if those high price players get cut before giving up anything in draft capital for them.    Regarding the GB players I put on the block, I am not really wanting to move any of them, but would certainly consider it for the right price.  

Why not have some fun, see what we could get for Aaron Rodgers, @Outpost31

Archived