Doug Pederson vs Sean McVay

patriotsheatyan

Doug Pederson vs Sean McVay  

64 members have voted

1. 1. Doug Pederson vs Sean McVay

• Pederson
    • McVay

2 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

Consistency is not everything either. It holds weight, sure but keep in mind Reid has made the playoffs 14 times and has won no SB's. There is a catch to that logic, you can make the playoff's through 2 different decades and never win or even reach the SB. So making the playoff's more times is no sure either to win the SB.

No, it's not everything, but it is the most important thing.

3 hours ago, Calvert28 said:

Thank you

It relates to the question at hand, when you are discussing successful seasons the SB means a crap ton and you guys are treating it like it's nothing special when it is. Just because the Rams had a more successful regular season it does not mean their season was more successful then the Pats. It's asinine to place more value on regular season wins then you do on playoff success.

It's not the only one that matters but you guys are pretending like it doesn't matter at all when in fact when you are comparing two similar coaches then it should be the deciding factor. For you guys it isn't which doesn't make any sense.

I don't think they are similar without that superbowl. I think McVay is clearly ahead without Pederson having that. I think he's slightly ahead with Pederson having it.

20 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

I just don't see that.

And that's perfectly fair. I think it's close enough for us to just call it an agree to disagree situation. I had more of an issue with those suggesting that the superbowl is all that matters, anyway, than with anyone just putting Pederson ahead of McVay.

7 hours ago, EaglesPeteC said:

I know this thread is bad for me but I just can’t stop haha 

Rams fan’s 99-‘16 “We won a Super Bowl and that’s all that matters”

Rams fans 17-present- “The Super Bowl isn’t what matters”

anigif_enhanced-17792-1404846450-11.gif

Uhhhh, what? You think winning a Super Bowl in 1999 made 2007 to 2016 not terrible? Where are you getting your quotes from? Ramster's trolling?

7 hours ago, jrry32 said:

Uhhhh, what? You think winning a Super Bowl in 1999 made 2007 to 2016 not terrible? Where are you getting your quotes from? Ramster's trolling?

I'm not even in this thread. Not even sure why you are either. It's a scholar trying to teach a bunch of chimps how to sell stock.

You just heard them say they could have BB and they would want him fired. Go to their forum and read their threads.

They speak of Doug as if he was a scrub. There are articles on Dougs crap play calling for Carson and much better play calling for Foles.

That's a bad coach. That should end the argument there. The only reason they defend him is because there eagle fans.. 

2 hours ago, Thomas5737 said:

Do people not realize McVay never had an elite offense UNTIL he had Goff.

I read that somewhere.

Lol, I said that. It in a thread knocking Goff saying he is a product of McVay. When the Rams hired McVay he wasn't thought of as some offensive genius. He had good offenses with Cousins but were not elite until he had Goff. I don't know how that is controversial. McVay is a great offensive mind and his system is elevated with Goff's play. Just like Pederson's team is elevated with good QB play.

1 minute ago, LeotheLion said:

Lol, I said that. It in a thread knocking Goff saying he is a product of McVay. When the Rams hired McVay he wasn't thought of as some offensive genius. He had good offenses with Cousins but were not elite until he had Goff. I don't know how that is controversial.

Well the QB and coach can't collectively take more than 100% of the credit. Lets get a percentage of credit for each. For the Browns, for example, I'd give Mayfield 80% of the credit for the offense going from a trainwreck to where they are now. Kitchens and the supporting cast would get to split the other 20%. 

2 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

Well the QB and coach can't collectively take more than 100% of the credit. Lets get a percentage of credit for each. For the Browns, for example, I'd give Mayfield 80% of the credit for the offense going from a trainwreck to where they are now. Kitchens and the supporting cast would get to split the other 20%. 

It's a team game. I don't know how you'd go about assigning credit besides arbitrarily throwing out numbers. When the offense is firing on all cylinders I will praise the entire offense. When it's not, the blame usually is collective besides maybe the Bears game where Goff really struggled more than he should have.

My original point was responding to someone bashing Goff saying how he is a product of McVay. We have seen Cousins with McVay and the result wasn't as good as Goff. McVay is young but we've seen Goff produce the best version of his offense and it's not really close. Not sure why that post struck a cord with you. 

10 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

What if Baker has a woeful season this year lol like 22/17 lol??  

54 minutes ago, LeotheLion said:

It's a team game. I don't know how you'd go about assigning credit besides arbitrarily throwing out numbers. When the offense is firing on all cylinders I will praise the entire offense. When it's not, the blame usually is collective besides maybe the Bears game where Goff really struggled more than he should have.

My original point was responding to someone bashing Goff saying how he is a product of McVay. We have seen Cousins with McVay and the result wasn't as good as Goff. McVay is young but we've seen Goff produce the best version of his offense and it's not really close. Not sure why that post struck a cord with you. 

It isn't anything official, just your opinion of how much credit you think goes each way.

Nothing struck a cord with me it is just having two active threads with seemingly the majority of the credit given depending on the thread.

56 minutes ago, El ramster said:

What if Baker has a woeful season this year lol like 22/17 lol??  

Then that will be mostly on Baker. It's a QB league, if you put up those numbers it is probably always mostly on the QB. A lot of pressure may cause the QB to be bad but the QB is still playing poorly. Scheme helps, I think the Browns gave up the most sacks in the first half of the year and probably close to the least in the 2nd half. You have to have a QB that can quickly read and get rid of the ball in that case but if you are a franchise guy you should be able to most of the time. Hue didn't get the most out of Baker but he was the obvious answer before he finished his first game.

Archived