Doug Pederson vs Sean McVay

patriotsheatyan

Doug Pederson vs Sean McVay  

64 members have voted

1. 1. Doug Pederson vs Sean McVay

• Pederson
    • McVay

Just now, eagles18 said:

Not true. Gurley has a sophomore slump, his rookie year he was a monster. 

Cooks was a thousand yard receiver with his other teams..

woods I’ll give you. 

Both corners are better than what the eagles put up with and a lot of teams could say the same about their own group. 

Actually, what he said was very true. And Cooks actually produced more in McVay's scheme than he did with Brady in NE and Payton/Brees in NO. His numbers are better across the board outside of TD catches.

12 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

No, I'm making a point. One that I imagine you understand. You're not happy about it because you can't counter it. McVay has clearly been the better regular season coach. It's not particularly close. You're relying on the post-season to vault Pederson above him. However, it's an extremely small sample size and essentially relies on one run (2017). You would roll your eyes if people tried to use Flacco's greater post-season success to justify him as a better QB than Aaron Rodgers or Dan Marino. Don't fall into the same trap here.

Nope. I remember beating the Saints. But you're welcome to be the guy who cries about not getting the call.

Nervous? LOL. I don't address counter-arguments to an argument I never made. Stick to what I said. You're making this too easy.

WHAT are you talking about.. you simply don’t recognize the job Doug has done with all the injuries he’s had to deal with.. or that he’s beat Sean McVay both times they faced. Take off the hater goggles, you’re embarrassing yourself 

Let me ask this.  Would Joe Montana be as highly regarded as he is today if he went 0-4 in the Superbowl instead of 4-0?  Of course he wouldn't.  That's the main reason almost nobody has Dan Marino as their greatest QB ever.  Marino never won a SB and it's a stain on his resume.  If Marino had went 4-0 in the SB, I'm pretty damn certain the guy would be considered the GOAT or at least second best ever.

2 minutes ago, showtime said:

It doesn't.  It's a dumb question just like the one you asked me.  You're talking about an all-time great and comparing him to someone who's not an all-time great.  The players aren't in the same tier to begin with.

Which is the point, Showtime. You are only arguing that McVay and Pederson are in the same tier because of one game for each.

Just now, jrry32 said:

Actually, what he said was very true. And Cooks actually produced more in McVay's scheme than he did with Brady in NE and Payton/Brees in NO. His numbers are better across the board outside of TD catches.

He still was a thousand yard receiver with both teams and was Gurley was a stud as a rookie, bust he was not.. sorry buddy 

17 minutes ago, thebestever6 said:

Why can't I? with judging coaches Mcvay looks promising, but I have yet to see him got through the same adversity Doug has and the little adversity his team had Gurley the Cj signing was nice , and Kupp being replaced by Reynolds was serviceable.  But you could see a big drop in the offese. 

Doug has had a strong supporting cast of coaches in Frank Reich, and Defillipo and he lost both, a ton of players they were on there 11th corner of the season in that saints game thats unheard of, Jay Ajayi, Corey Clement, Peters for long stretches, and to make the playoffs after all that. And coming into the year there was definitely a superbowl hangover.  

To go through all that adversity and still coach the team to the second round of the playoffs was more impressive than the superbowl for him last year imo.

I'm a Broncos fan I'm not biased its my opinion. 

Forgot about Derrick Barnett also another huge loss. 

It’s not just your opinion, 28 others on this site agree with you and only 8 disagree.. 

1 minute ago, showtime said:

Let me ask this.  Would Joe Montana be as highly regarded as he is today if he went 0-4 in the Superbowl instead of 4-0?  Of course he wouldn't.  That's the main reason almost nobody has Dan Marino as their greatest QB ever.  Marino never won a SB and it's a stain on his resume.  If Marino had went 4-0 in the SB, I'm pretty damn certain the guy would be considered the GOAT or at least second best ever.

Difference is that McVay has only been a HC for two years. He has a long career ahead of him. We're comparing two coaches who haven't been on the job long. When your argument is based entirely on one game, it's quite flawed.

3 minutes ago, eagles18 said:

He still was a thousand yard receiver with both teams and was Gurley was a stud as a rookie, bust he was not.. sorry buddy 

No one called Gurley a bust. But he was rushing for 3.2 YPA the season prior to McVay's arrival. He was not performing at the elite level he since has in McVay's offense. He was still a talented back, but he was struggling because the offense pre-McVay was trash.

He took the 32nd scoring offense and made it 1st. Let's stop acting like the Rams O was destined to be great starting in 2017 with any coach because they were so uber talented. McVay is the man who put it all together.

8 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

Which is the point, Showtime. You are only arguing that McVay and Pederson are in the same tier because of one game for each.

So McVay is in a totally different tier as a coach, in your opinion?  See, when I said I would take Pederson, I could understand McVay and don't mind it.  I think they're in the same tier.  Neither guy has been a head coach for that long.

4 minutes ago, Jakuvious said:

No one called Gurley a bust. But he was rushing for 3.2 YPA the season prior to McVay's arrival. He was not performing at the elite level he since has in McVay's offense. He was still a talented back, but he was struggling because the offense pre-McVay was trash.

He took the 32nd scoring offense and made it 1st. Let's stop acting like the Rams O was destined to be great starting in 2017 with any coach because they were so uber talented. McVay is the man who put it all together.

Let’s just forget his rookie year. It never happened. Like Wentz 2017 year! Yay this game is fun 

9 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

Apology accepted. Now, stop questioning @Jakuvious. He actually understands what he's talking about here lol.

I apologized about woods not cooks or Gurley so no he doesn’t know too much. He’s refusing to acknowledge Gurley rookie year.. guys have sophomore slumps all the time.. also I’m not disputing the fact that McVay can run a offense extremely well, he can but so can doug and he’s faced more adversity doing it and again... beat the evil empire.

and even if he helped woods stellar year this year, he was still on the team.. it doesn’t take away from the fact McVay had all this talent on the team and still lost to philly and New England.  

5 minutes ago, showtime said:

This is where the sample size issue becomes crucial, though. We're not talking a different between 4 superbowl wins and 0. That's a trend. That's a large sample size. That's where you can definitively say there's something substantial going on. This is two guys in the 3rd and 2nd year as coaches. One won a game, one lost one. Those single games in such fresh careers are not worth making a conclusion over. Maybe McVay wins the next 3 and Pederson never makes it back, and this whole thread looks stupid because it made a judgment on one game rather than analyzing their entire body of work as coaches.

Archived