TAET: This Ain't Eagles Talk | RIP Jlash

Phire

9 minutes ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

Office has a lot of rewatchability. I've gone through the series start to finish 2 or 3 times, and lately it's been airing on Comedy Central so I'll have it on every now and then. First 6 seasons are gold, slipped a little before Carrell leaft, and went down the gutter after he finally did leave.

UK office is great too, basically a darker, and perhaps more realistic take on the concept. They actually deliberately made the US adaption much more light hearted, and Michael Scott almost cartoonish because they felt a US audience would all feel the way Jroc does if it was like the original in the UK.

Are you saying I'm soft? 

55 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

I get it. But every joke is at the expense of another office member. Half the time I just feel bad for them. They're comically pathetic but it makes it awkward for me. Can't really enjoy the show. 

I agree most of the "comedy" just makes me embarrassed for the person making the joke. Cringey stuff. 

Girlfriend turned 30 yesterday. 

I got her half court Sixers tickets for the Wednesday before. 

I set up a surprise party this past Saturday with all of her closest friends, paid to have the thing catered. Short ribs, chicken marsala, meatballs, baked ziti. Cannolis. Custom cake made. Whole 9. All said and done between the tickets and the party set me back well over $1k and like a solid month of planning.

Left her a birthday card in the morning before I went to work. Said nice things, you know.

I get home and she's being weird. Then she breaks down crying and admits shes upset because I didn't get her flowers and/or a cake on her actual birthday. 

Some people you just can't win with. 

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Jlash said:

Girlfriend turned 30 yesterday. 

I got her half court Sixers tickets for the Wednesday before. 

I set up a surprise party this past Saturday with all of her closest friends, paid to have the thing catered. Short ribs, chicken marsala, meatballs, baked ziti. Cannolis. Custom cake made. Whole 9. All said and done between the tickets and the party set me back well over $1k and like a solid month of planning.

Left her a birthday card in the morning before I went to work. Said nice things, you know.

I get home and she's being weird. Then she breaks down crying and admits shes upset because I didn't get her flowers and/or a cake on her actual birthday. 

Some people you just can't win with. 

Chicks, man. 

We just celebrated my girl's 30th. Took a trip to New Orleans. Her b day was the Monday we got back. I got her a vanity and a card (and paid for the BnB we stayed at) but had to tell her don't expect anything outside of the trip. And she understood. She knew it was expensive. And she seen the box that the vanity was sent in. But the moral of the story is, always sell low. She def should have been satisfied with all that you did. But, as my girl will remind me, that it's more about the little sentimental things than the big expenditures. I think the card and all that you did was plenty. Maybe you just need to sit her down and remind her all you did. "Hey, it took a lot of planning/effort and money to put the surprise together. I understand you're a little hurt that I didn't make a huge deal out of your actual b day but I spent weeks getting this thing together. I need you to see that. I feel like you didn't even appreciate it now." Kinda throw it back in her court. Make her feel a little bad she may be being a little bratty. Good luck, bro. 

1 minute ago, Jroc04 said:

Maybe you just need to sit her down and remind her all you did. "Hey, it took a lot of planning/effort and money to put the surprise together. I understand you're a little hurt that I didn't make a huge deal out of your actual b day but I spent weeks getting this thing together. I need you to see that. I feel like you didn't even appreciate it now." Kinda throw it back in her court. Make her feel a little bad she may be being a little bratty. Good luck, bro. 

She hit me with "I don't mean to make you feel bad, because I know you went through a lot, but I just expected a cake or flowers."

I couldn't even respond. We STILL had like 6 pounds of this cake I got her in our fridge. 

I'll just have to keep flowers on deck for everything no matter what. 

11 minutes ago, Jlash said:

She hit me with "I don't mean to make you feel bad, because I know you went through a lot, but I just expected a cake or flowers."

I couldn't even respond. We STILL had like 6 pounds of this cake I got her in our fridge. 

I'll just have to keep flowers on deck for everything no matter what. 

Yea, that's horse crap. 

Heres a pro tip. When I go grocery shopping every now and then. Trader Joe's and Wegmans has a nice supply. I'll get flowers randomly. Every month/6 weeks or so. They're like $10 and she's always thrilled with them. And then when the dumb holidays come around she knows she's not getting flowers because I get them for her like 8 times a year. And it saves money paying florist prices. 

Id love for you to combat her about this. But go hit up a spot, get flowers, bring them home, apologize with a caveat and you'll be happier. It'll save a fight and you can save some aggregation. "Hey, I know you love flowers and I should have been more receptive to that but you have to understand the thought and planning put into your day. I didn't think about it with everything going on and I'm sorry for overlooking them." If she's a good girl, she'll apologize for being silly and she's just emotional...etc blah blah etc. And you guys will be good. 

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

Yea, that's horse crap. 

Heres a pro tip. When I go grocery shopping every now and then. Trader Joe's and Wegmans has a nice supply. I'll get flowers randomly. Every month/6 weeks or so. They're like $10 and she's always thrilled with them. And then when the dumb holidays come around she knows she's not getting flowers because I get them for her like 8 times a year. And it saves money paying florist prices. 

Id love for you to combat her about this. But go hit up a spot, get flowers, bring them home, apologize with a caveat and you'll be happier. It'll save a fight and you can save some aggregation. "Hey, I know you love flowers and I should have been more receptive to that but you have to understand the thought and planning put into your day. I didn't think about it with everything going on and I'm sorry for overlooking them." If she's a good girl, she'll apologize for being silly and she's just emotional...etc blah blah etc. And you guys will be good. 

You're a wise man.