The Official UnOfficial Free Agency & Offseason Thread

EaglesPeteC

reports are Eagles are not going to pick up Timmy Jernigan's option. Makes sense given his giant cap number. Reports also said they want to see if they can find a way to bring him back on a cheaper number.

1) I didn't realize he's remaining years were options

2) Eagles will take a 6 mill dead cap hit by declining his option, so how much are they saving if they resign him for a deal? 

Interesting situation for sure

28 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

reports are Eagles are not going to pick up Timmy Jernigan's option. Makes sense given his giant cap number. Reports also said they want to see if they can find a way to bring him back on a cheaper number.

1) I didn't realize he's remaining years were options

2) Eagles will take a 6 mill dead cap hit by declining his option, so how much are they saving if they resign him for a deal? 

Interesting situation for sure

yeah I'd at least offer him something, but DT is probably the deepest position when you factor in the draft and FA. Jernigan when he was great, was great though.

9 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

Let him walk, sign Suh, draft a DT kid with one of the first 3 picks, profits. 

Sign honey badger.

Draft a RB with one of the 2nds, OL with the remaining top pick. 

Thats a moist offseason 

i love you. but didn't Honey Badger get burned quite a bit last year? and we already have two good to above average starting safeties? hey if he's still the HB of old then he's an upgrade for sure and i'm down 

13 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

Let him walk, sign Suh, draft a DT kid with one of the first 3 picks, profits. 

Sign honey badger.

Draft a RB with one of the 2nds, OL with the remaining top pick. 

Thats a moist offseason 

I’m cool with this

id take a vet DE signing too if Graham and Long are gone

Fine waiting til the 4th for OL if a WR or Edge is sitting there that is way higher.

28 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

Trade a 6th to get big Beau back and take Christian Wilkins at 25 

Jeff Simmons injury means Wilkins probably goes around 15-20 with a good combine.

Sign FA Darius Philon to be the #3 DT.

Sign FA Christian Covington to be the #4 DT.

Draft Tillery to replace Jernigan as the starter next to Cox.

That's a DT rotation. Although, if we sign Philon and Covington, we should probably take a CB or OT (or Josh Jacobs!) in the 1st. Then take a guy like Daylon Mack or Khalen Saunders or Greg Gaines in the 4th. Why not a DE? Because we're going to sign Frank Clark.

Edited by Jeezla

24 minutes ago, ianlewis16 said:

i love you. but didn't Honey Badger get burned quite a bit last year? and we already have two good to above average starting safeties? hey if he's still the HB of old then he's an upgrade for sure and i'm down 

I’d honestly put him in the slot and let him play zone most games and leave him to making plays all over. At the line, jamming WRs, handling swing passes, whatever. Dude makes plays, get him on my field. 

Ultimately, make him the third LB/CB. I think he fits perfect considering we only ever run nickel. Drop him back, let Jenkins roam the line, just a lot of variations to throw the offense. 

Edited by Jroc04
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Jroc04 said:

I’d honestly put him in the slot and let him play zone most games and leave him to making plays all over. At the line, jamming WRs, handling swing passes, whatever. Dude makes plays, get him on my field. 

He gets banged up a lot because of his play style. I'd rather have a normal slot cb, and this draft has tons of potential good ones.

2 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

He gets banged up a lot because of his play style. I'd rather have a normal slot cb, and this draft has tons of potential good ones.

Played and started all 32 games last two seasons, 163 tackles in that span. Maybe it’s in the past. Only 26. I’m good with it. I think we’re good with the young guys emerging last year at outside CB. Let them battle it out. 

25 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

Played and started all 32 games last two seasons, 163 tackles in that span. Maybe it’s in the past. Only 26. I’m good with it. I think we’re good with the young guys emerging last year at outside CB. Let them battle it out. 

I don't think anyone really emerged last year, inside or outside.

57 minutes ago, nlesthought said:

Wasnt Jackson only two years into that FA deal he signed? Sounds like he played well when it mattered. Got his. How do you not ball tf out On that DL? 

Their DL isn't great. Their CB's and LB's are. They are the exact opposite of us defensively. Great back 7, poor front 4.

Edited by Jeezla