The Official UnOfficial Free Agency & Offseason Thread

EaglesPeteC

4 minutes ago, nlesthought said:

Well that's good then 

Watch this vid and tell me what you think about the prospect (Josiah Tauaefa):

Zero people talk about this guy, but he's probably my fave 5th round or later MLB/SLB prospect.

Edited by Jeezla

3 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

Watch this vid and tell me what you think about the prospect (Josiah Tauaefa):

You can’t tell me by watching this you see a good Nfl player? Seems like he just guesses and runs to that spot even tho the play is on the other side, saw it a bunch in this video. Also looks super unathletic with no burst. I only had to watch the first 4 mins. No sideline to sideline speed, will get killed 

Just now, DeSean Jackson said:

You can’t tell me by watching this you see a good Nfl player? Seems like he just guesses and runs to that spot even tho the play is on the other side, saw it a bunch in this video. Also looks super unathletic with no burst. I only had to watch the first 4 mins. No sideline to sideline speed, will get killed 

Not a good NFL player right away, but a good ball of clay for an NFL coach to teach up. I think he looked more athletic than you give him credit for. He's a very good tackler, and showed some stack and shed, footwork looked solid when he dropped into zone. His instincts didn't look good on a few plays, but I see Bradham do the same crap.

That video gave me an error but I looked up the game vs ASU: two mins in lots of false steps, he looks like he's fighting instincts (not shooting his shot) and his motor isn't revving like I would want in my ILBs. 

I don't think Flajole is teaching our LBs to stack/shed Bradham would get eaten alive if he's forced to take on OL. Rip through turn the shoulders and fire your shot. 

Just now, nlesthought said:

That video gave me an error but I looked up the game vs ASU: two mins in lots of false steps, he looks like he's fighting instincts (not shooting his shot) and his motor isn't revving like I would want in my ILBs. 

I don't think Flajole is teaching our LBs to stack/shed Bradham would get eaten alive if he's forced to take on OL. Rip through turn the shoulders and fire your shot. 

Yea he takes too many false steps. Looks like he's torn between gap responsibility and flying to the ball so he hesitates.

3 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

Not a good NFL player right away, but a good ball of clay for an NFL coach to teach up. I think he looked more athletic than you give him credit for. He's a very good tackler, and showed some stack and shed, footwork looked solid when he dropped into zone. His instincts didn't look good on a few plays, but I see Bradham do the same crap.

I honestly would just sign a stop gap and wait till next years draft for a lb

Raise your hand if you currently think LB will be less than average as a unit, but signing Zach Brown will make us average or better, with the added bonus of not costing us any comp picks.

Image result for raise hand gif

Edited by Jeezla
  • Like 2

I think take a flyer on someone with some ability/tools that can molded in a year or two to take over. 

Personally the things I look for in an ILB are tenacity, a motor and range. If you are going to get faked on PA, have the range/motor to get back on track.  

Teams don't run at us because our front 4 are always attacking and our LBs have been able to fill gaps based on that.  Bad LBs show up on tape. 

Edited by nlesthought

13 minutes ago, nlesthought said:

I think take a flyer on someone with some ability/tools that can molded in a year or two to take over. 

Personally the things I look for in an ILB are tenacity, a motor and range. If you are going to get faked on PA, have the range/motor to get back on track.  

Teams don't run at us because our front 4 are always attacking and our LBs have been able to fill gaps based on that.  Bad LBs show up on tape. 

Draft Gary Johnson or Tre Watson. Like them both at wlb. MLB we just gotta sign Brown.