The Official UnOfficial Free Agency & Offseason Thread

EaglesPeteC

21 minutes ago, nlesthought said:

I think take a flyer on someone with some ability/tools that can molded in a year or two to take over. 

Personally the things I look for in an ILB are tenacity, a motor and range. If you are going to get faked on PA, have the range/motor to get back on track.  

Teams don't run at us because our front 4 are always attacking and our LBs have been able to fill gaps based on that.  Bad LBs show up on tape. 

Sign another vet and take a flyer on Cam Smith, Khalil Hodge or Jahlani Tavai in the late rounds. 

At this point, what kind of deals are these guys asking for/getting offered? 

Get Brown and Jernigan back on cheap 1 year deals. Draft Adderly and the defense is set to roll. 

Get a RB and fortify the lines in the draft and start planning a trip to Miami. 

Edited by Jroc04

1 hour ago, Jroc04 said:

At this point, what kind of deals are these guys asking for/getting offered? 

Get Brown and Jernigan back on cheap 1 year deals. Draft Adderly and the defense is set to roll. 

Get a RB and fortify the lines in the draft and start planning a trip to Miami. 

Nah. We need to draft a DT in the first 3 rounds.

7 minutes ago, RBreezy said:

We definitely need someone stout in the middle who can stuff the run. I’m sick of seeing that fat, ugly Ewok pummel our defense 

Dexter Lawrence isn't my 1st choice for a DT, but he might make the most sense for our team as far as how he compliments Cox and Malik Jackson, and fits within Schwartz' scheme, especially when we're in the wide-9.

Edited by Jeezla
  • Like 1

40 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

Dexter Lawrence isn't my 1st choice for a DT, but he might make the most sense for our team as far as how he compliments Cox and Malik Jackson, and fits within Schwartz' scheme, especially when we're in the wide-9.

A run stuffing DT is bad value at 25 IMO. I think picking one up is a good idea but that isn't good value at that high in the draft. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

A run stuffing DT is bad value at 25 IMO. I think picking one up is a good idea but that isn't good value at that high in the draft. 

To be fair to Lawerence he still is an average pass rusher who can generate some pressure. 

9 minutes ago, Scalamania said:

To be fair to Lawerence he still is an average pass rusher who can generate some pressure. 

yeah for such a big dude he's not one note...would bring something different. Not my favorite guy...but this class is loaded so that's not much of a knock.

11 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

yeah for such a big dude he's not one note...would bring something different. Not my favorite guy...but this class is loaded so that's not much of a knock.

Also, who knows what he could do not having to play NT 90% of the time. He had 6.5 sacks as a freshman, and there's obviously athletic potential to go with some serious strength. He just needs to learn some actual moves, because you basically never see him rip/club/swim like Tillery or Dre'Mont, and yet he still somehow gets a consistent push. Also needs a fire lit under his butt because his motor runs on eco mode too much, but I think Cox/Peters/Doug/Schwartz could sort that out.

Edited by Jeezla

4 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

If he is there with one of the 4th Round picks I would love that much more than taking Lawrence with a 1

I think he goes mid to late 3rd, but I agree. Run to the podium if he's still available in the 4th. Don't pick up the phone for a potential trade. Just write down Daylon Mack and sprint the card in.

Edited by Jeezla
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, EaglesPeteC said:

If he is there with one of the 4th Round picks I would love that much more than taking Lawrence with a 1

I disagree hard with this one. Lawrence is a beast, we cannot get a player like that with our first round pick and pass it up. That would instantly become the best D-line in the NFL. Our D-line is old, Cox, Graham, Long, need replacements. No replacements inside and just Barnett outside is ugly especially since Wentz is going to suffocate the cap. 

I understand the perspective about getting value in the draft, but sometimes you just gotta pick the sure bet player and not play the percentages. At the end of the 1st round, you never really know who are you going to draft until 2-3 picks before yours because an excellent prospect can drop to you. That's not the best place to trade down IMO.