The Official UnOfficial Free Agency & Offseason Thread

EaglesPeteC

13 hours ago, EaglesPeteC said:

He does look at all the comp picks he is accumulating. We are picking up players on short term deals towards the end of their prime, letting them walk and getting the comp picks. Eagles are gonna have like 10-11 picks next year.

we just have to hope he drafts well 

This. Not a lot of success after the first couple of rounds iyam 

Edited by nlesthought

2 hours ago, nlesthought said:

This. Not a lot of success after the first couple of rounds iyam 

There has been some success depending on what you call a success.

Is Big V a success? He's not a future LT starter but he is a good swing T that got us through a Super Bowl run. For a 5th rounder that is pretty successful. 

Is Jalen Mills a success? Not a superstar but a solid player for a 7th rounder. 

Isaac Seumalo? Would you call that a success? he is a starter now.

Avante Maddox and Rasul Douglas look good for later round guys.

Jury is of course still out on guys like Matt Pryor, Malatia and Josh Sweat, Nate Gerry.

You can also point to players that didn't work out like Pumphrey, Smallwood,, Qualls and Gibson and Mack Hollins (although I still have hope for Mack). I think his bust rate for drafting isn't any worse than other top teams. 

I have relative faith in Howie that with more picks he'll get some good players.

15 hours ago, EaglesPeteC said:

He does look at all the comp picks he is accumulating. We are picking up players on short term deals towards the end of their prime, letting them walk and getting the comp picks. Eagles are gonna have like 10-11 picks next year.

we just have to hope he drafts well 

this is what it's going to come down to. being able to fill our roster with role playing, dirt cheap 3rd to 7th round picks.

4 minutes ago, nlesthought said:

Why not a veteran RB? Don't get it...unless Sproles has already said he's coming back. 

likely. sproles/clement/adams honestly isn't THAT bad, if you add a rookie into the mix. we could very easily end up with a Dalvin Cook type in the mid rounds. 

and let's be real we're going to pass 70% of the time anyway. #carsonaudiblestowhateverthehellhelikes

Just now, ianlewis16 said:

likely. sproles/clement/adams honestly isn't THAT bad, if you add a rookie into the mix. we could very easily end up with a Dalvin Cook type in the mid rounds. 

and let's be real we're going to pass 70% of the time anyway. #carsonaudiblestowhateverthehellhelikes

Just throw it deep to DJax 4head

2 minutes ago, ianlewis16 said:

lol

Exactly why I don't understand grabbing another pass catching vet (Yeldon/Ware) that can split 1st down carries with Adams... instead of 1st/2nd round rookie. 

Edited by nlesthought

28 minutes ago, nlesthought said:

Why not a veteran RB? Don't get it...unless Sproles has already said he's coming back. 

What is the rush? There are still several FA's out there and there appear to be several options in the trade market. My guess is they are going to see how the draft plays out and then go after a guy. Remember Blount was not signed until after the draft, Sproles wasn't resigned until after the draft. Ajayi of course wasn't traded for until the deadline. 

But the point is now isn't the only point where they can bring in free agents. Still tons of time left to go

25 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

What is the rush? There are still several FA's out there and there appear to be several options in the trade market. My guess is they are going to see how the draft plays out and then go after a guy. Remember Blount was not signed until after the draft, Sproles wasn't resigned until after the draft. Ajayi of course wasn't traded for until the deadline. 

But the point is now isn't the only point where they can bring in free agents. Still tons of time left to go

Not a rush per se, just trying to match their current thinking fill some holes of depth with low cost vet FAs, they could've waited on Vinny and LJ Fort and Sendejo. 

I can't imagine Ware coming in at a high dollar amount. Or even Yeldon.  

We currently have very little depth at OG and RB imo. That means we're in line to draft at those positions. 

13 minutes ago, nlesthought said:

Not a rush per se, just trying to match their current thinking fill some holes of depth with low cost vet FAs, they could've waited on Vinny and LJ Fort and Sendejo. 

I can't imagine Ware coming in at a high dollar amount. Or even Yeldon.  

We currently have very little depth at OG and RB imo. That means we're in line to draft at those positions. 

Well for Fort and Curry other teams were in on them, so if they had targeted that player if they wanted him their was urgency to get it done now. Maybe Yeldon and Ware don't have much of a market right now so there is no reason to rush to sign them

Anybody not signed yet has recently found out they’re not getting the money they thought they were getting. Now the teams will pounce when the prices go down. Just the 2nd and 3rd tier guys falling in line. Happens every year. There are some diamonds around though at the price with the right teams. Gotta trust in Howard.