Broncos trade for Joe Flacco

champ11

29 minutes ago, lomaxgrUK said:

$18.5 mill to Flacco, $10 mill deadcap when we cut/trade Case - $28.5 mill on one of the least enviable QB situations in the entire league. That is not good, John.

Fair play to a lot of you - you're taking this better than me. Flacco is an absolute statue back there and our OL is one of the worst drop back passing OL in Football and that's with a healthy Paradis/Leary. I just don't see this working out at all, and I really don't buy the scheme familiarity stuff either. Flacco was plenty familiar with his scheme in Baltimore last year and he was, sans a couple of games, terrible.

The biggest positive for me is that we (potentially) keep our veteran players happy in that we're at least 'trying to win'. That said, I just don't see where the productivity is going to come from. 

I know Klis is an earpiece for Elway and he is saying that this takes us at the QB stakes in the early part of the draft but I call bs on that. a) Elway isn't giving away his draft intentions to anyone 2 months before the draft. b) Flacco is going to be our QB for one year - I would be shocked if Elway thinks any different. c) Elway is going to need some form of young plan b for when this goes to 'poo' because this fanbase isn't a million miles off being done with Elway. One more tragic QB situation and he's in deep, deep trouble.

To summarise, I don't like it. I don't really know what scenario I would like to be honest, but this isn't it.

Eagles made a similar move have daniels at that ridiculous contract, having wentz at 2, and giving Bradford an extension.  Only difference is Bradford they got a first round pick because Minnesota was desperate .

6 minutes ago, Counselor said:

I am putting together my mock and it is a wishful thinking Mock but it’s us basically just swapping sixths with Arizona for Keenum. As they don’t have a 7th. But I agree, I don’t know why they wouldn’t just wait till he was cut as we have no leverage. 

Much easier to get the player you want if you can trade for him then have to outbid other teams.

11 hours ago, AKRNA said:

We've had lots of interesting discussions on this forum but I never ever would have thought we'd have a serious discussion about whether Joe Flacco is an upgrade over Case Keenum.

Shows what I know.O.o

I mean...the dude literally got benched this year and the Ravens made the playoffs as a result. Joe Flacco's contract has been the worst in the league. The reason the Ravens have been irrelevant since that Super Bowl is because they gave Flacco the big extension. He isn't good. 

1 minute ago, broncosfan07 said:

Much easier to get the player you want if you can trade for him then have to outbid other teams.

Yes of course. But I could see him wanting to go to Arizona. For various factors as stated below. And he isn’t a must have player so they may want to wait. He isn’t getting a starting job so why not willingly go to the place where the rookie didn’t look great, your former coach is the Oc, and the rumors of him not being the guy regardless of them being shot down. I think Kliff may bet on these factors. 

1 hour ago, BroncosFan2010 said:

Anyone else finding its hard to care about this offseason and next year when our QB choices are Keenum and Flacco? I feel there is just so little excitement moving forward for this team.

Ditch the Blazers for the Nuggets bro 

Let’s be clear I don’t think anyone believes Flacco is this great QB or the answer long term and if you are upset it may keep us from reaching for one of these QBs (we must not be watching the same film unless it is Haskins). And it’s not like we are passing on Tua, Fromm, Herbert with this move. It was a fourth if rumors are true. That’s not huge compensation. I understand the contract but let’s see what happens with Keenum.

4 hours ago, Counselor said:

I am putting together my mock and it is a wishful thinking Mock but it’s us basically just swapping sixths with Arizona for Keenum. As they don’t have a 7th. But I agree, I don’t know why they wouldn’t just wait till he was cut as we have no leverage. 

Well...give them a 7th too

6 minutes ago, The Helicopter said:

So if we can't trade Keenum, we might as well hold onto him, no?

Unless they are going to draft a QB.  Then again, you can have your QBOTF as your 3rd guy.  I wonder if Lock was a smoke screen...now you got the Jags, Giants, and maybe the Redskins reeling a bit.  Because Daniel Jones makes so much such, and he could be the 3rd guy on the bench behind Case and Joe.  

However, would Case really want to stick around?  I mean, at least Vance Joseph got another shot to see if he had the chops to coach....I figured that Case would get one more year to see if the Vikings year was a fluke or not. 

Archived