Broncos trade for Joe Flacco

champ11

31 minutes ago, BroncoSojia said:

I keep reading this like it's so obviously true, but is it? What has Flacco shown in the last 4 years to make this true?

Yes. Just in terms of scheming an offense, you can do more with Flacco because he has some physical gifts whereas Case had none whatsoever. 

1 hour ago, BroncosFan2010 said:

I think he is clearly an upgrade to Case, and easily our best QB since Peyton. The issue is Kubiak whispering into Elway's ear last summer and signing the telegraphed bust Case Keenum.

Flacco is a win-now QB, but to win-now we need a huge talent infusion both in FA and the draft. We need another 2018 draft, and 3-4 FA 'hits' to become playoff relevant. Having the salary of both Flacco and Case makes 3-4 FA 'hits' very hard to do.

Anyone know what our cap space looks like after this?

For all my pessimism, its going to be great to have a QB that can push the ball down the field for the first time since Brock in our SB season. Thats nuts.

Say what you want about Joe in the regular season, but he turns into not only a different QB, but an entirely different player in the playoffs.  I hate him for it!

2 hours ago, BroncoSojia said:

I keep reading this like it's so obviously true, but is it? What has Flacco shown in the last 4 years to make this true?

You really should read some other posts. "dreamkid" posted a great response to your question yesterday.

32 minutes ago, AKRNA said:

You really should read some other posts. "dreamkid" posted a great response to your question yesterday.

You mean the post that was riddled with excuses for why Flacco was so awful for the past 3 years? Other fans can buy that if they want to.

1 hour ago, champ11 said:

Ryan's answer to our question 

Thats a point thats been brought up quite a bit by our posters. Real simple, Joe has a legitimate NFL skill set and a very strong arm, even by NFL standards. He forces you to defend all portions of the field on every down.  Case can't do that.

21 minutes ago, AKRNA said:

Thats a point thats been brought up quite a bit by our posters. Real simple, Joe has a legitimate NFL skill set and a very strong arm, even by NFL standards. He forces you to defend all portions of the field on every down.  Case can't do that.

Yeah, he has a stronger arm. I'm not convinced he actually hits on those throws - but I can buy that defenses will respect him more than Case. I think Flacco's mobility is a real weakness compared to Case, so hopefully the OL continues their solid play that they showed for part of the season. 

I like Flacco . I just don't think this team  is built to win now cap, depth, holes, etc. I still don't think Flacco was brought in strictly because Elway is in win now mode. 

Flacco, opens up the offense which helps the young guys develop more.  Keenum literally was a rich mans Trevor Siemian.  

I think its elway trying to get the best of both  worlde we will see how it plays out.

4 minutes ago, champ11 said:

Yeah, he has a stronger arm. I'm not convinced he actually hits on those throws - but I can buy that defenses will respect him more than Case. I think Flacco's mobility is a real weakness compared to Case, so hopefully the OL continues their solid play that they showed for part of the season. 

Yeah people say this, but his rank in YPA (a stat that correlates with how well you stretch the field as a QB) is dead last in the league over the past 4 years.

Archived