O...B...J... IS A CLEVELAND BROWN

Horseunit

2 hours ago, shoffma1999 said:

Yeah, it's silly season, but it is fun to banter about the "what ifs" at this time of the year.

Yeah I realize we need something to talk about. I just can’t stand when like in this case someone is just making a prediction and people run away with it like it’s fact and happening. 

7 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

This is where I’m at.  With success inevitably comes the loss of talent via FA.  You need those picks, especially next year and the year after to start to allow for a continued influx of young, relatively cheap talent.

If you work it right there usually are comp picks to consider, as well.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Horseunit said:

So how the hell are we going to resign all of our key players when we do things like this "Browns sign Charley Hughlett to 6-year extension, make him highest paid long snapper" 

Hughlett is a key player.

As will be the kicker we get for him to snap the ball for.

ST baby, super ST are a big piece of SB wins.

• Like 1

Here we go again.  People are worried about who we will be able to resign 4 years from now.

I want OBJ, badly.  For a reasonable pick package, I am all over it.  

IF he gets traded (which I doubt he even will) I dont think his trade value is really anywhere close to what people are saying.  A mid 1st and mid 2nd??  No, I do not think his trade value is that high.  A player's contract plays a huge role in trade value. OBJ's contract brings his trade value down a heck of a lot.  

No one should care about the money. They should be concerned with his attitude and cancer he would bring. He is a me first guy period. He will not care about Baker Mayfield's stats, he will not care about the rest of the WR core getting theirs and he will not care about Nick Chubb, Duke or Kareem and I don't even think he will care if we are winning if Is only getting 4-6 targets a game. He is shaping up to be TO in that regard. He wants 15 targets a game and a big fat stat line win/lose or draw. He is upset he wasn't a Top 5/10 targeted player in the NFL and he is upset the Giants have another weapon to take away from his shine in Barkley. Odell cares about odell and odell's stats. If he had 165 targets and 12-15 touchdowns Odell wouldn't be upset with Eli ad the Giants.

And I assure you the problem would only get worse here in Cleveland as Baker Mayfield doesn't operate around anyone WR. Baker is going to find the open guy period and Odell may lead the team in targets but it will still be fairly evenly distributed with at least 1 if not 2 other guys. So what happens on 3rd and 8 when Antonio is the target instead of Odell and we don't get the 1st down late in a game? Odell is going to TO. What happens in the playoffs when the defense game plans to take Odell out and he's not the leading receiver and we lose the game? Odell is going to TO.

I get that he is great and a great receiver would be icing on the cake for our shinny new offense, but I can smell his garbage attitude and its a smell that is only going to get worse, not better. Like I have said if a player like Julio(when he was younger), Hopkins, Thomas, Hill or JuJu were available via trade I would give up a 1st + and a fat contract in a heart beat, but they're not because they are not twice used d-bagg like Odell. I'm telling you he is another Antonio Brown waiting to happen.

9 minutes ago, TheeRealDeal said:

No one should care about the money. They should be concerned with his attitude and cancer he would bring. He is a me first guy period. He will not care about Baker Mayfield's stats, he will not care about the rest of the WR core getting theirs and he will not care about Nick Chubb, Duke or Kareem and I don't even think he will care if we are winning if Is only getting 4-6 targets a game. He is shaping up to be TO in that regard. He wants 15 targets a game and a big fat stat line win/lose or draw. He is upset he wasn't a Top 5/10 targeted player in the NFL and he is upset the Giants have another weapon to take away from his shine in Barkley. Odell cares about odell and odell's stats. If he had 165 targets and 12-15 touchdowns Odell wouldn't be upset with Eli ad the Giants.

And I assure you the problem would only get worse here in Cleveland as Baker Mayfield doesn't operate around anyone WR. Baker is going to find the open guy period and Odell may lead the team in targets but it will still be fairly evenly distributed with at least 1 if not 2 other guys. So what happens on 3rd and 8 when Antonio is the target instead of Odell and we don't get the 1st down late in a game? Odell is going to TO. What happens in the playoffs when the defense game plans to take Odell out and he's not the leading receiver and we lose the game? Odell is going to TO.

I get that he is great and a great receiver would be icing on the cake for our shinny new offense, but I can smell his garbage attitude and its a smell that is only going to get worse, not better. Like I have said if a player like Julio(when he was younger), Hopkins, Thomas, Hill or JuJu were available via trade I would give up a 1st + and a fat contract in a heart beat, but they're not because they are not twice used d-bagg like Odell. I'm telling you he is another Antonio Brown waiting to happen.

when has he ever came out complaining about targets and not getting his fair share of production? The dude is one of the best WRs should be targetted. Heck AB scores a TD about every 17 targets. OBJ scored a TD about every 14 targets.

AB right now is being painted as the Cancer, the me first type guy, and OBJ hasnt done the crap AB is doing and has done. You are acting like OBJ is demanding a trade out of NYG. Do you have any evidence that he has complained about not getting 15 targets or that Barkley is stealing his shine. 

12 minutes ago, buno67 said:

when has he ever came out complaining about targets and not getting his fair share of production? The dude is one of the best WRs should be targetted. Heck AB scores a TD about every 17 targets. OBJ scored a TD about every 14 targets.

AB right now is being painted as the Cancer, the me first type guy, and OBJ hasnt done the crap AB is doing and has done. You are acting like OBJ is demanding a trade out of NYG. Do you have any evidence that he has complained about not getting 15 targets or that Barkley is stealing his shine. 

Smoke = Fire

Unless the smoke is made up smoke by the media in which case all of this discussion is moot because there is no real threat of him leaving New York.

• Like 1

OBJ has never averaged under 165 targets per year. He had the Instagram picture with potential weed and coke in it. He has shown immaturity on and off of the field. He doesn't get along with Norman. I don't know if I have heard anything about targets or TDs or being a bad teammate but he has shown immaturity.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

OBJ has never averaged under 165 targets per year. He had the Instagram picture with potential weed and coke in it. He has shown immaturity on and off of the field. He doesn't get along with Norman. I don't know if I have heard anything about targets or TDs or being a bad teammate but he has shown immaturity.

The week before their sole playoff game in his time on ny, he went out partying and pulled an all nighter. 

He followed it up with a turd game 4 receptions 11 targets and at least 1 big drop.