Alita: Battle Angel

KManX89

Surprised this doesn't have its own thread yet. 

But yeah, the final film by Fox as a standalone film studio is out and I must say, I really, really enjoyed it. The YouTubers who gave glowing reviews were spot on, the CGI, action and character arcs were superbly done. Say what you will about the weird anime-eyed character, they managed to find a way to make it work and make sense within the context of the story.

Another film with a HUGE disconnect between critics and viewers, usually that means the viewers are right, this is no exception. Great final showing from Fox before being acquired by Disney (officially). If you like Marvel and/or CGI movies, you'll enjoy this. 

32 minutes ago, RamRod said:

Looks like it's flopping hard. Always thought it looked cool. Probably go tomorrow.

It's at least doing better than expected I guess.

It will definitely bomb domestically, but it has a shot at respectability depending on China.  China loves them some James Cameron and he's doing serious press rounds there this week.

8 hours ago, Bullet Club said:

It wasn't great. Not sure I'd watch a sequel. If Cameron waited 20 years for this, I'd say he wasted the opportunity. Not even the best movie to come out this week. 

Yeah, he ended up picking Avatar over this and that wasted a lot of years of development. Rodriguez can be a good director, but I wish Cameron had stuck with this.

Never even heard of this TBH.     I might check it out on home video.

Looks like its going to end up flopping pretty bad at the box office....so not sure how they are already talking about a sequel.   

It was solid, not nearly as cheezy as I thought it was going to be. But it wasn't a great movie either and unless you've read the manga they don't delve too much into the backstory of her like you would expect of the main character.

6.5/10 from me. There is something to build on here I think.

Archived