The Amazing Race Game Thread

bcb1213

One of the worst parts of the situation is most insurance companies in Nebraska don’t cover flood insurance the way this flood is occurring. It’s not rain flooding them, it’s the rain on the snowmelt. 

Along with typically most places outside of homes don’t have flood insurance anyway. Hard to put flood insurance on a couple acre cattle lot or a 8-12’ pit barn. The buildings are the cheap part, the couple years of not being able to put livestock in these parts is what’s going to be killer. No manure to spread for the fields to help increase yield, no where to go with crops from the fields this upcoming harvest.

its going to be interesting to see the price drops this year. 

1 minute ago, gopherwrestler said:

Price drops? I would have thought it would be a rise due to a non-substantial drop in the amount commodities being able to make it to market now.

1 minute ago, gopherwrestler said:

One of the worst parts of the situation is most insurance companies in Nebraska don’t cover flood insurance the way this flood is occurring. It’s not rain flooding them, it’s the rain on the snowmelt. 

Along with typically most places outside of homes don’t have flood insurance anyway. Hard to put flood insurance on a couple acre cattle lot or a 8-12’ pit barn. The buildings are the cheap part, the couple years of not being able to put livestock in these parts is what’s going to be killer. No manure to spread for the fields to help increase yield, no where to go with crops from the fields this upcoming harvest.

Yeah, insurance companies are evil.  They don’t even know what half their contracts mean because they literally copy-paste contract language from the 1800s to preserve the original literal meaning of the contract from 200 years ago.  So, if you ever get pissed at your insurance company, sue based on one of those provisions before abandoning the case.  You’ll cost them 100,000s in attorney’s fees.

Just now, SwAg said:

So, if you ever get pissed at your insurance company, sue based on one of those provisions before abandoning the case.  You’ll cost them 100,000s in attorney’s fees.

... how much in attorney's fees will I have to pay to cost the company the equivalent of change found in the couch?

• Like 1

Heading out, one last table:

Nazatron Whicknarok Gophoz UnSwagable Pickle Rick
Minnesota v. Louisville Louisville Louisville (Minnesota) Louisville Louisville
Yale v. LSU LSU LSU LSU LSU LSU
New Mexico St. v. Auburn Auburn Auburn Auburn Auburn Auburn
Vermont v. Florida St Florida St Florida St Florida St Vermont Florida St
Bradley v. Michigan St Michigan St Michigan St Michigan St Michigan St Michigan St
Northeastern v. Kansas Kansas Kansas Kansas Kansas Kansas
Belmont v. Maryland   Maryland (Belmont) Belmont Belmont
Murray St. v. Marquette   Marquette (Murray St) Murray St Murray St
Florida v. Nevada   Nevada (Nevada) Florida Florida
Abilene Christian v. Kentucky Kentucky Kentucky Kentucky Kentucky Kentucky
Saint Mary’s v. Villanova   Villanova Villanova Villanova Villanova
FDU v. Gonzaga Gonzaga Gonzaga Gonzaga Gonzaga Gonzaga
Montana v. Michigan Michigan Michigan Michigan Michigan Michigan
Baylor v. Syracuse   Baylor (Syracuse) Baylor Baylor
Seton Hall v. Wofford Wofford Wofford Wofford Wofford Wofford
Old Dominion v. Purdue Purdue Purdue Purdue Purdue Purdue

Just now, Woz said:

... how much in attorney's fees will I have to pay to cost the company the equivalent of change found in the couch?

I don’t know.  I could write a complaint sufficient to get past a motion to dismiss in a couple hours.  So, not much.  And 100,000s was conservative.  If you get to discovery they’re looking at 8 figure losses.

2 minutes ago, gopherwrestler said:

We’ll just hire swag and rags and they will do it free of charge..... bring it to the man

Also this.  I’d be lying to tell you I do not intend to be a huge pro se pain in the *** for corporations that piss me off.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, SwAg said:

I don’t know.  I could write a complaint sufficient to get past a motion to dismiss in a couple hours.  So, not much.  And 100,000s was conservative.  If you get to discovery they’re looking at 8 figure losses.

2 hours ago, SwAg said:

Also this.  I’d be lying to tell you I do not intend to be a huge pro se pain in the *** for corporations that piss me off.

I had a manager essentially call me ugly at work today. How much could I get for the obvious slander?

Edited by Nazgul
be to me

3 hours ago, SwAg said:

Yeah, insurance companies are evil.  They don’t even know what half their contracts mean because they literally copy-paste contract language from the 1800s to preserve the original literal meaning of the contract from 200 years ago.  So, if you ever get pissed at your insurance company, sue based on one of those provisions before abandoning the case.  You’ll cost them 100,000s in attorney’s fees.

Having once sold insurance and now being a lawyer, this is very true.  

• Like 1