The Amazing Race Game Thread

bcb1213

Just now, SwAg said:

So, if I explain, in precise detail, the inner mechanics of English grammar, to demonstrate how that is improper, can I rebut that.

So, you want to explain how using a word in its adjective form is not proper because there's a more commonly used version of the adjective ... that seems like a pointless battle to me.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Woz said:

If it is allowed as an adjective, it works. While I agree the more common usage would be ecclesiastical, that's not to say his usage is wrong.

Yeah, if you isolate the word, alone, it can properly function as an adjective.  However, its propriety as an adjective is related to other aspects of English, which were defied in that phrasing.  

I don’t care that he gets credit for it, but it remains objectively wrong beyond the narrow contours of this game.

2 minutes ago, Malfatron said:

nobody cares.

Still waiting on my iffy word choice.

1 minute ago, Woz said:

So, you want to explain how using a word in its adjective form is not proper because there's a more commonly used version of the adjective ... that seems like a pointless battle to me.

Those are the battles I am most proficient in.

6 minutes ago, SwAg said:

So, to be clear, the litmus test is: the words we use are separated by a space, creating two words.  And, that phrase is real? (And not a proper noun).

Pretty much.  Must be in English dictionary