Lebron's legacy !!! ??? !!!

resilient part 2

1 hour ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Okay, so you have him 3rd, which is fair. So if he loses, all of a sudden he drops to 4th? Who then surpasses him?

Sure, the Lakers losing to the Hawks/Pelicans/Suns isn't a good look on LeBron and those are games he is typically able to win single handily. And he doesn't been able to do so.

So if he wins another ring he surpasses Kareem then? Cool, definitely wouldn't pass MJ on most folks rankings and on others him winning another ring will solidify him as the GOAT. Me personally? Nothing he can do at this point will surpass MJ.....Because well, MJ was just better. LeBron isn't all of a sudden going to start improving in seasons 16, 17, 18, etc. His resume' can improve with a ring for sure, but his peak is gone and it was a bit below MJ's peak. 

Exactly the same for me. If we're asking who the best basketball players are (and this applies to any sport), what does it matter who wins more rings or plays longer? To me that kind of talk belongs in a separate debate ("who had the best resume" or "who achieved the most"). Lebron's place on all time lists, whether that's #10 for you or #1, should be pretty set in stone for the most part.

4 hours ago, MVPatrickMahomes15 said:

1. Michael Jordan

2. Kobe Bryant

3. Larry Bird

4. Tim Duncan

5.  Shaquille O'Neal

6. Bill Russell 

7. Wilt Chamberlain

8. Magic Johnson

9. Kareem Abdul-Jabbar

10. Kevin Durant

Delete this, lmao

Durant's better than LeBron at everything except passing and could easily finish his career with twice as many rings. He's already got 2 FMVP's against LeBron. LeBron didn't want to hand him a 3rd so he came to the West and isn't even in the playoffs now.

I know we all love LeBron, but this one is obvious. The facts are what they are and it seems clear that they're going to paint KD in a better light.

On 3/3/2019 at 9:03 AM, resilient part 2 said:

Not sure why I didn't mention that Lebron may be the only TOP 10 GOAT player who somehow "gives up" when things go south. Should be an interesting last few weeks this season.

Wilt Chamberlain was supposedly a pretty horrible teammate.

On 3/4/2019 at 11:46 AM, dtait93 said:

Don't forget how he put the whole team on the trade block, and how he doesn't play defense but points the fingers at others to - setting a poor example and displaying awful leadership.

Here's a display of his awesome leadership during the Indiana blow out.

Here is him pouting after the JR blunder. Shouldn't a better leader be trying to rally the troops? There was still 5 minutes to go.

Lebron is divisive. "This is my team, and you do what the f*** I tell you all to do, or we get rid of y'all."

Kyrie decided he didn't want to play with him anymore, Durant called the environment surrounding him toxic, and Paul George chose to play in no-where land Oklahoma over his hometown.

While I think this is probably true the same could be said about guys like Kobe and MJ.

11 hours ago, MVPatrickMahomes15 said:

1. Michael Jordan

2. Kobe Bryant

3. Larry Bird

4. Tim Duncan

5.  Shaquille O'Neal

6. Bill Russell 

7. Wilt Chamberlain

8. Magic Johnson

9. Kareem Abdul-Jabbar

10. Kevin Durant

Where is Paul George?

The worst thing LeBron ever did for his legacy was pave the way for Durant to ring chase and beat him h2h in the Finals 2 years in a row while winning FMVP with both in their primes. That almost ends the debate right there then you consider that Durant could easily win a few more with his squad.

On ‎2‎/‎26‎/‎2019 at 5:28 PM, resilient part 2 said:

Strongly disagree with this statement. Just using one example was Kevin Love. Kevin Love was considered a top player in the league and possibly the best power forward before he arrived with Cleveland. Once he arrived in Cleveland he's struggled many many times just to find his fit and his role. He was nowhere near as dominant if even dominant at all throughout all his years with Cleveland and I'm talking about when he was healthy. Despite his contributions that I won championship for the most part he's been quite a disappointment in comparison to hit the level that he played with on Minnesota.

But yet another example that comes to mind quickly was Dwyane Wade. Dwyane Wade has made this statement that Miami did not start winning initially until he decided to concede to LeBron that LeBron would be the main guy and everyone else including himself would be second seed. Dwyane Wade could have made the argument that was his team, Miami and that he had every bit of a right to be the go-to guy. But he didn't. Instead they started winning after he relented his position as the go-to guy basically Dwyane Wade and Kevin Love sacrificed their game and their abilities for the sake of the team to win a championship. But LeBron sacrifice nothing as he actually the man with the ball more and more and more despite having very good All-Star teammates

Why would he? You don't sacrifice your role when you're the best player. You maximize it.

7 minutes ago, dtait93 said:

Are we sure Lebron is even the best SF of all time?

He's objectively not better than Durant, and this is coming from a huge Durant hater. He's my least favorite player of all time. These past 2 dominant Finals performances over LeBron sealed the deal for KD. He's in cruise control now.

Archived