BDL Owners Meeting 2019

TedLavie

Also the 5 year deal for BDL 1st rounders just leads to outlier contracts when those players don't end up with 5 year deals IRL. It should be based on whether they are offered a real 5th year option.

Just now, SirA1 said:

Also the 5 year deal for BDL 1st rounders just leads to outlier contracts when those players don't end up with 5 year deals IRL. It should be based on whether they are offered a real 5th year option.

Well technically that would be kind of null because even if they ended up with a 4 yr contract IRL by the time they come off bdl 5 year there is already a new contract in place. Just gives them an extra year at draft price.

Correct which is an unfair advantage IMO. We shouldn't be placing those types of things in place just because. Before is was a salary cap issue now we are going to not have that issue.

31 minutes ago, PR said:

But that doesnt change your scouting? You would have had still made Kittle a priority pick would you have not?

It changes his availability to me and not because someone out scouted me because they see a guy go to a good fit. I like the risk and excitement of those later rounds. That’s what makes BDL great. 

It avoids questions about why a player is an UFA in the NFL but still has 1 year left on his BDL rookie contract. You should have to 3 up that player or use a 5th year option (which I am hoping to make into identical options.)

20 minutes ago, SirA1 said:

It avoids questions about why a player is an UFA in the NFL but still has 1 year left on his BDL rookie contract. You should have to 3 up that player or use a 5th year option (which I am hoping to make into identical options.)

Having to use a 3up for a 5th year option when we only get three 3ups is an absolute no from me. Again I’m sticking to No for 6 and 15

22 minutes ago, SirA1 said:

You don't have to do that now Counselor and that won't change with 5th year options. That's a whole different proposal though for the summer. You just fear change.

I don’t fear change. I like the system that is in place. And I stated why. So creating false reasoning on my behalf is asinine. 

2 hours ago, TedLavie said:

Should have voted for items 1

Ps I'm not voting for less rounds.  It just allows people to be more lazy.  If you think rounds six and seven are dumb I'm all for trading draft picks for Pfa slots 

Archived