BDL Owners Meeting 2019

TedLavie

Just now, SirA1 said:

Oh no! Free Agency will actually be meaningful. Your argument that you can't 3 up them all is not true as BDL 1st-3rd rounders can end up as RL 1st rounders and have 5th year options which we can use as well. So using that as a reason is false advertising.

Should have said first five sorry.  Yes let's penalize those who draft well so free agency can be better for those who don't!  False advertising! 

1 hour ago, SirA1 said:

You cannot trade RFA tendered players. You can only bid on them and then the owner can take that deal you made or take a draft pick.

Yeah that's what I meant. I was talking about it in the cards too as though it were a trade wow it's not really a trade its inability to make a decision as to whether or not you want the draft pick or the player

I'm with bcb. I'm against this feigned "cleaning up of contracts" that's being put out there. It would effectively eliminate RFA and also make free agency more important than the draft as drafts classes would all hit the same year. The staggered effect makes RFA at least interesting and if this is trying to mimic an NFL team you shouldn't be building a team through FA anyway.

1 hour ago, Ragnarok said:

16a.  Contracts for players taken in the first round of the BDL draft would be reduced to 4 years.

16b.  Contracts for players taken in the fifth round of the BDL draft would be increased to 4 years.

16c.  PFA occurs in the same way as the regular BDL draft in that selections are made individually, not in a block.

16d.  PFA selections can be traded.

16e.  PFA selections the following year can be traded.

16f.  PFA selections can be traded from ___ to ___.

I'd add 16g (or maybe 17)

Draft is 6+3 instead of 7+2. 

1 hour ago, Ragnarok said:

16a.  Contracts for players taken in the first round of the BDL draft would be reduced to 4 years.

16b.  Contracts for players taken in the fifth round of the BDL draft would be increased to 4 years.

16c.  PFA occurs in the same way as the regular BDL draft in that selections are made individually, not in a block.

16d.  PFA selections can be traded.

16e.  PFA selections the following year can be traded.

16f.  PFA selections can be traded from ___ to ___.

That said, as stands here's my position as of now.

A. No

B. no

C. yes

D. Yes

E. No

F. From beginning of BDL draft part 1 to end of BDL.

Reasoning for F (since I don't think I covered that in previous posts): I like the idea of trading them to move up in the draft but I don't like the idea of trading PFA for future year considerations (will drag out the draft IMO) or at the trade deadline. I think PFAs should be restricted to "draft day" collateral only.

Ok I'm having a crappy morning and I don't want to start recapping all options for item 6 now. So we will start with item 15

@Hockey5djh @bcb1213 and others. The argument of "everyone will come on FA at the same time" is not a good one. You will have the same number of players hitting FA except for the first year. Only difference is it will be from the same draft class instead of spread out class. Today a 2018 2nd and a 2017 1st are hitting FA at the same time. Tomorrow it could be 2029 1sts and 2nds at the same time. 

I still disagree with round 5th and onwards @SirA1. You talk about David Carr and David Johnson but that's actually the beauty of it. You take shots. Sometime it works others it doesn't 

Archived